Hot Shots Golf Fore! is here!!!!

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
It's out, I think. Anyone else out there excited for this game? I've lost hundreds of hours on HSG3 and I can't wait!!!

It is an okay game. What kills it is the fact that the cpu opponents cheat up the ass.

It is stupid when they always have the smallest hit zone yet always get a perfect hit. You might as well not play against them cause they always hit perfect shots no matter what lie they are in or how strong the wind is. :puke:

scrubking: It makes the game a challenge. I beat them all after a few tries. Sure, it's frustrating, but I wouldn't call it "cheating."

I can't wait for HSG: Fore! either. HSG 3 is basically my favorite sports game of this generation, and I've also invested many, many hours into it. My best score is a -22 on the Aloha course, and I have an "S" ranking in 5 categories, with "A"'s in all the others.

I can't wait. :D

I've played through all 3 of the games in this series and I LOVED 3 - have beaten it many times. I'm with fathoms on the -22. Fore is gonna be great!

The computer doesn't "cheat" either. The players get more difficult as you go along (like most games). The escalation in difficulty keeps it interesting and drives you to become a better player.

[quote name='Wlogan31']I've played through all 3 of the games in this series and I LOVED 3 - have beaten it many times. I'm with fathoms on the -22. Fore is gonna be great!

The computer doesn't "cheat" either. The players get more difficult as you go along (like most games). The escalation in difficulty keeps it interesting and drives you to become a better player.[/quote]

when im losing in a game, i also like to just brush it off as the person im playing (or the computer) is cheating....it makes me sleep better at night :lol:

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='Wlogan31']I've played through all 3 of the games in this series and I LOVED 3 - have beaten it many times. I'm with fathoms on the -22. Fore is gonna be great!

The computer doesn't "cheat" either. The players get more difficult as you go along (like most games). The escalation in difficulty keeps it interesting and drives you to become a better player.[/quote]

when im losing in a game, i also like to just brush it off as the person im playing (or the computer) is cheating....it makes me sleep better at night :lol:[/quote]

I guess we all fall victim to that syndrome at some point in time :)

The cpu opponents in the game are CHEAP - that means that the developers were too lazy or inpet to create a way to make them more challenging without having them play like super human robots that can do no wrong.

[quote name='fathoms']I can't wait for HSG: Fore! either. HSG 3 is basically my favorite sports game of this generation, and I've also invested many, many hours into it. My best score is a -22 on the Aloha course, and I have an "S" ranking in 5 categories, with "A"'s in all the others.

I can't wait. :D[/quote]

Wow, a -22 is what I would call a "perfect" round (all birdies except eagles on the par 5s) although in theory you could get a better score. I'm still in search. The best I've got is -19 on the first two courses. I'm at the Immortal level - I think "Almighty" is a little out of my reach... I can't wait for 4 though - August 17th, right?

Also, Game Crazy is going to to be having a tourney for this game on the 21st, I believe. I'm stopping by work again in a few minutes so I'll 2x-check.

Yeah I've loved the previous installments and just pre-ordered this yesterday and got the demo. The demo is amazing I've mostly been playing mini golf which is going to awesome with four players. The characters are pretty cool to.

Anyone know of any pre-order deals or savings on this?

Edit: Hey SupremeNumNuts my sister thinks your name is funny but she asks why your name has to have "supreme" in it was regular "numnuts" taken.

When I signed up for Xbox live numnuts was taken so I just added Supreme in front of it and have been using it ever since.

You get a demo for it if you pre-order at Gamestop B&M.

[quote name='SupremeNumNuts']You get a demo for it if you pre-order at Gamestop B&M.[/quote]

What's the price at GameStop B&M - $39.99?

Yeah $39.99, but the demo has three full courses 6 characters,one 9 hole par three course, and one mini golf course which is a lot for a demo.

That is a sweet demo. The original demo in OPM had me hooked. I knew nothing of the game until I played the 3 hole demo about a million times and had to buy the game. I guess it boils down to $5 for 2 weeks for the demo - it will likely be $35 (or less) with the GGC at BB... hmmmm... decisions, decisions....

Hopefully the online won't get completely spoiled by cheaters again.
Those people that registered scores of -56 for 18 holes killed those tournaments from HS3.

[quote name='Scrubking']It is an okay game. What kills it is the fact that the cpu opponents cheat up the ass.

It is stupid when they always have the smallest hit zone yet always get a perfect hit. You might as well not play against them cause they always hit perfect shots no matter what lie they are in or how strong the wind is. :puke:[/quote]

Amen. I loved HSG3 until you got to play the black-shirt people, and they would get birdie or better on every goddamn hole. F that.

But I'll give HSG4 a look. If Tiger Woods 2005 doesn't add anything new (has anyone heard anything about it other than that it's coming out?) I might buy HSG4.

[quote name='fathoms']scrubking: It makes the game a challenge. I beat them all after a few tries. Sure, it's frustrating, but I wouldn't call it "cheating."[/quote]

I sure as hell would :evil:

I loved HSG3, but once I found my way to last few opponents, I just gave up.

With HSGF being online, I might pick it up.

[quote name='javeryh']How do you register -56 for 18 holes? That's like a hole-in-one for every hole...[/quote]

People were using Gamesharks or other cheat devices that made it so no matter how many shots you took on a hole, it always registered as the first shot. You're right, it gave them a hole-in-one on every hole.
They probably didn't win anything since you had to send Sony your memory card for verification and they'd see the 18 holes-in-one and DQ them.
Every tournament I checked had at least 10 people registered at -56.

I saw the IGN review and it was fantastic. I have been wanting the game, but being able to play as Ratchet and Jak made it even more appealing. I really can't wait to get it. I plan to get a NA for it also.

[quote name='SupremeNumNuts']Do you think Gamestop will have it tomarrow??[/quote]

Gamestop is really pissing me off right now. I preordered and they still haven't shipped it!

I am not a fan of preordering, but what is the point if they are not going to ship it as soon as they get it - instead shipping it a few days later? I could have gone to the store and been playing already, but I wanted to save a few bucks.

Anyway IGN says that when it comes to accuracy you need to be godlike in your ability to hit the right accuracy spot or else use a club that gives you perfect hits everytime. I hope I'm not making a mistake picking this up. :?

bread's done
Back