Hot Shots Golf OOB PS3 @ Walmart $19.98

[quote name='One4Deuce']Haven't been able to find this at any Walmarts near me for months. :([/QUOTE]
If I see it I'll pm you after buying a couple.

[quote name='WhoolzYourDaddy']Wow. There is one 30 miles from me. Is it worth driving to play? I could use a fun golf game on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I'd say it is worth the drive, but that is only if you have the time of course. I'm not a huge fan of golf, though I do golf maybe once or twice a year, but I absolutely love Out of Bounds. There is a decent amount of content already on the disk, and even if you push through all of that, there is still more costumes, characters, and courses you can buy online. This game will keep you bust for a while.

[quote name='WhoolzYourDaddy']Wow. There is one 30 miles from me. Is it worth driving to play? I could use a fun golf game on the PS3.[/QUOTE]
I like it much more than the Tiger Woods games.

You swing like an old-school golf game, with timed presses of the X button, instead of the analog-stick swing crap.

I recommend it.

2 Amazon marketplace sellers have this for around $26 shipped. Buying it there might be better than driving around an hour to get it.

I had some work in New Hampshire today and picked it up for $19.96 in Manchester, NH on my way home. Thanks for the tip and the suggestions to get it. I played it for about an hour and had some fun.

Remember, guys, that the WalMart stock checker thing is *really* hit or miss, especially when it comes to games. When Valkyria Chronicles dropped to $20, there were tons of reports of it saying 'none within 150 miles', even when the store closest to them had multiple copies. Keep an eye out, that's all I'm saying.

Good game, worth $20. I'm actually amazed, I found it for $20 at K-Mart about 6 months ago, not even realizing that it still sold for higher than that on a regular basis. I love the Hot Shots series, but this is the perfect definition of 'not worth $60, but a no-brainer at $20' game for me.

Amazon just dropped this to $33.86.... to bad I just paid $48.84 for it at Amazon about a week ago! I sent an email to get a price adjustment, if they don't give one I will just buy at the new price and return it using the first receipt. I love this game for the multi player aspect. My husband does not care for video games at all and this has been one of the very few series I can get him to play with me. It is fun and challenging, there are a ton of unlockables and gamers of all skills levels can have fun with it. This is a great one to grab to keep on the shelf to play with non gaming so/friends/family.

Edited to add~

Protip: Stick with traditional shots, the OOB entry in the series added an advanced shots option but it is seriously lame. Thankfully it is possible to avoid using it all together.

I bought this on clearance at Circuit City (RIP) for $15 a couple years ago. I dunno, never really got into it though and traded it in at some point.

I picked this up a while back on Amazon for $20 and it's an awesome game. If my old PS3 didn't YLOD on me I'd still be playing this (lost my save).

[quote name='javeryh']*sigh* This is the #1 game on my list of PS3 games I want but won't display properly on my HDTV.[/QUOTE]

How come it won't display properly?

This was one of the first PS3 games I ever bought. Entirely worth it.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']How come it won't display properly?

This was one of the first PS3 games I ever bought. Entirely worth it.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing he has one of those 480p/1080i TVs. So if a game can't natively run in 1080i then it uses 480p. My buddy had one of those old HDTVs and PS3 was not pretty on it.

bread's done
Back