Hot Topic: What Should Be Done About Guns?

Your both sides stuff is garbage and quite frankly you are wrong
LMAO....great cuck response. 10/10.

This is why people with your viewpoint will continue to get nowhere. It takes more than pissing and moaning and snarky sarcasm. Roll up your sleeves and engage in critical thinking.

It's really not as simple as "ban all guns" OR "arm the teachers". Both perspectives are equally retarded and shortsighted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what a cuck is or how it is relevant to how we cant ban bump stocks or hi cap mags because someone can 3d print an FG 42

We can do it. Trump even wants to do it so it will take the focus off of bigger issues that would cost more to address. How do you not see that's how it's being played? My argument is that there's less worth in getting bump stocks banned than there is in my other suggestions.

The biggest thing I try to ask when considering this stuff is "How much would it help?" I don't believe banning bump stocks will help much. It's a throwaway. The high capacity mags I even agree with. That's just a much grayer area and a battle I'm not sure can be won. But having 30 rounds that you can just spray without regard for accuracy and not needing to reload as often as the people trying to stop you is definitely a problem.

But as a parent of a child in public school, I'd rather focus on a winnable argument like making schools more secure...as opposed to wasting two months yelling into an echo chamber that we "need to get rid of guns"...especially when the one they're calling a "killing machine" isn't really functionally much different from this.

41174.jpg

It just looks scarier/cooler. We've seen this story before. If Sandy Hook wasn't enough to open the discussion on "gun control", then nothing will be. It makes more sense to take a different approach than just continuously beat your head against the wall.

Its weird how you think one side not wanting to do anything about the Las Vegas or Sandy Hook massacres is a both sides issue

Its weird how you think one side not wanting to do anything about the Las Vegas or Sandy Hook massacres is a both sides issue
Jesus Christ, you are fundamentally retarded. I'm arguing for your side, numbnuts. I'm just saying that your approach is going to get fuck all accomplished. You are the liberal that Bill Maher can't stand...so busy shouting about how right you are you can't even see when people are agreeing with you. But by all means, let the self righteousness continue.

Jesus Christ, you are fundamentally retarded. I'm arguing for your side, numbnuts. I'm just saying that your approach is going to get fuck all accomplished. You are the liberal that Bill Maher can't stand...so busy shouting about how right you are you can't even see when people are agreeing with you. But by all means, let the self righteousness continue.
This

at this point Im not sure if msut77 is just a diehard conservative trolling everyone or not and frankly I dont care. Thats why I gave up the discussion back when I gave my suggestions and was told I 'lost my chance to be treated seriously after Sandy Hook and Las Vegas', which Im not even sure what that even meant in regards to my comment

No real point in attempting to have an actual discussion when you have a random soundboard of quotes just posting in a thread in an attempt to derail it

Just to reiterate. I point out how blatantly dishonest etc. You guys are and how you don't argue in good faith. I get called a troll but the only "arguments" you have are :
No laws will change so don't bother
Billy Bob Cousin Humper will make a bump stock in his garage and turn an el Camino into a technical so don't bother.
None of you are engaging the possibility the NRA takes Putin Pesos in order to sow strife in America.

Just to reiterate. I point out how blatantly dishonest etc. You guys are and how you don't argue in good faith. I get called a troll but the only "arguments" you have are :
Billy Bob Cousin Humper will make a bump stock in his garage and turn an el Camino into a technical so don't bother.
None of you are engaging the possibility the NRA takes Putin Pesos in order to sow strife in America.
Lawl!

I called you a troll because you are a troll, you did not address a single thing I posted. Instead you throw out one liner insults and vagaries, and lump everyone in a discussion in to one single insult bucket. So since you are obviously not reading what anyone posts and the only thing you add are single sentences that provide no insight, I call you a troll

I never said #1, or #2, and #3 is a separate discussion not really relevant to "What Should Be Done About Guns?". Is #3 a possibility, sure, but does it really matter in the context of asking people what their workable solutions are for gun issues? not so much

LMAO....great cuck response. 10/10.

This is why people with your viewpoint will continue to get nowhere. It takes more than pissing and moaning and snarky sarcasm. Roll up your sleeves and engage in critical thinking.

It's really not as simple as "ban all guns" OR "arm the teachers". Both perspectives are equally retarded and shortsighted.
I can't believe you unironically called someone a "cuck" while promoting turning schools into prisons. Yeah, that's real moderate. I think you've been hanging out in the wrong places, pal.

You know the FL school shooter was using 10 round mags right?
You know he had swastikas on his mags, right?

I can't believe you unironically called someone a "cuck" while promoting turning schools into prisons. Yeah, that's real moderate. I think you've been hanging out in the wrong places, pal.

You know he had swastikas on his mags, right?
Yes, but he also shot mostly white students/teachers, like he was crazy or something.

Yes, but he also shot mostly white students/teachers, like he was crazy or something.
Yeah, like Nazi's never went after other white people. LOLZ...you're so full of it. There's no eye-roll big enough.

He might be crazy, but it's not like he was reppin for Malcom X or the ISIS. If he were, he would've been labelled a terrorist or black nationalist.

Yeah, like Nazi's never went after other white people. LOLZ...you're so full of it. There's no eye-roll big enough.

He might be crazy, but it's not like he was reppin for Malcom X or the ISIS. If he were, he would've been labelled a terrorist or black nationalist.
So what's his message? What was the drive for his vile act?

Crazy is shoot the mailman because you think he is a spy. Cruz timed an alarm pull and the Vegas shooter had a webcam set up to watch his perimeter.

I've never shot an AR-15 but a friend of mine just bought one and she invited me to go shoot it. Time to go see what all the hype is about! It's the same gun that was used to stop the shooter in Texas so I'm curious to see how accurate it fires.

I've never shot an AR-15 but a friend of mine just bought one and she invited me to go shoot it. Time to go see what all the hype is about! It's the same gun that was used to stop the shooter in Texas so I'm curious to see how accurate it fires.
Lawl, I just picked one up this morning. HR-15 with a scope. Going in a few to try it out in the backyard.

You never shot an assault rifle before or you never shot specifically an AR before?
Yes :)

I've never shot an assault rifle before because those are illegal for civilians to own, so I would have to go to a gun range that has one for that, I've always only gone with friends so we just shoot semi-automatics.

I also have never shot the ArmaLite Rifle-15 or AR-15 which is the semi-automatic rifle used in Las Vegas with the bump stock and Florida, and the one used in Texas by the hero that shot the shooter.

An assault rifle can be semi auto. Military assault rifles dont go full auto in most countries. Not sure if you are misinformed or dishonest.

An assault rifle can be semi auto. Military assault rifles dont go full auto in most countries. Not sure if you are misinformed or dishonest.
My apologies I never assume my audience, most of my friends are call of duty/counter-strike players so when we use the term assault rifle we use it as meaning 3-round burst or full auto like it typically is in video games. I never use the term assault rifle for semi-auto because I feel like it is to loose of a term when used to ppl that don't use guns at all so they think of the spraying in video games as an assault rifle. IMO assault rifle is a pretty useless word since it doesn't describe much.

You are correct though, you win, an assault rifle by definition is:

any of various intermediate-range, magazine-fed military rifles (such as the AK-47) that can be set for automatic or semiautomatic fire; also : a rifle that resembles a military assault rifle but is designed to allow only semiautomatic fire

So by Miriam Webster, I have shot an assault rifle then, just not an AR-15.

My apologies I never assume my audience, most of my friends are call of duty/counter-strike players so when we use the term assault rifle we use it as meaning 3-round burst or full auto like it typically is in video games. I never use the term assault rifle for semi-auto because I feel like it is to loose of a term when used to ppl that don't use guns at all so they think of the spraying in video games as an assault rifle. IMO assault rifle is a pretty useless word since it doesn't describe much.

You are correct though, you win, an assault rifle by definition is:

any of various intermediate-range, magazine-fed military rifles (such as the AK-47) that can be set for automatic or semiautomatic fire; also : a rifle that resembles a military assault rifle but is designed to allow only semiautomatic fire

So by Miriam Webster, I have shot an assault rifle then, just not an AR-15.
I find this hilarious because most of the "arguments" with gun nuts resort to "you called a magazine a clip" or "do you even own a gun"? Meanwhile your frame of reference is a video game.

I find this hilarious because most of the "arguments" with gun nuts resort to "you called a magazine a clip" or "do you even own a gun"? Meanwhile your frame of reference is a video game.
I wouldn't consider myself a gun nut and yes my frame of reference is video games. That's why I hang out on a site called cheapassgamers. My love of video games runs deep. I shoot guns but I'm to cheap to buy many, they are expensive and I have kids to feed. Maybe as I progress in my career I'll be able to buy more.

I would say counter-strike and call of duty is what lead me to want to shoot real guns. I grew up in a fairly liberal community that didn't own many guns so I didn't see any until I was a teenager and then I went to college in a very Red state and community where everyone owns guns, but my parents or grandparents, none of them owned guns, so I wouldn't say I come from a gun heavy background.

Moved back to a old family farm that's 100 acres with a major creek and a big hill as a backstop.
That sounds awesome! I moved to Las Vegas for a job 5 years ago and I'm still here. I'm not into gambling or drinking so it's not really my favorite place. I want to move back to country area someday.

I wouldn't consider myself a gun nut and yes my frame of reference is video games. That's why I hang out on a site called cheapassgamers. My love of video games runs deep. I shoot guns but I'm to cheap to buy many, they are expensive and I have kids to feed. Maybe as I progress in my career I'll be able to buy more.

I would say counter-strike and call of duty is what lead me to want to shoot real guns. I grew up in a fairly liberal community that didn't own many guns so I didn't see any until I was a teenager and then I went to college in a very Red state and community where everyone owns guns, but my parents or grandparents, none of them owned guns, so I wouldn't say I come from a gun heavy background.
Weird how I grew up in a family of liberal gun owners and learned to shoot early with the FIRST thing I had drilled in with me was I was handling an instrument of death and had to be careful.

Then we have gun nuts who watched Red Dawn played COD and like the idea of more pew pew.

I was listening to David Hogg speak at that march thing. All I could think of was the Office episode where Jim helps Dwight prepare for his speech to the Sales group. He tells him more shouting and pounding on the pulpit really makes for a good speech.

I'm fine w them. I feel bad for them if anything, all there Revolution talk to give more power to the Govt will increase republican turnout. It might not be enough to offset the damage passing an anti conservative omnibus package just did but it will help. I hope David Hogg is on tv everyday til November pounding his fist and screaming revolution. We need something to increase conservative turnout this year.

David Hogg is a little fuck . He is using dead classmates who he doesn't even know for his 15 mins of fame.

https://youtu.be/IUOkBv6wMhc?t=4m26s

Emma Gonzalez is a little fuck as well, she has came out saying she and her friends knew the shooter, that they would bully him in school.
Sounds like someone's feeling impotent.

I'm fine w them. I feel bad for them if anything, all there Revolution talk to give more power to the Govt will increase republican turnout. It might not be enough to offset the damage passing an anti conservative omnibus package just did but it will help. I hope David Hogg is on tv everyday til November pounding his fist and screaming revolution. We need something to increase conservative turnout this year.
You haven't been paying attention to the special elections, have you.

I find it funny that the school decided to have student id and clear backpacks. The little twits are crying that it's a violation of thier 1st amendment right but have no trouble trying to violate my 2nd amendment right.

I find it funny that the school decided to have student id and clear backpacks. The little twits are crying that it's a violation of thier 1st amendment right but have no trouble trying to violate my 2nd amendment right.
I find it funny that a bunch of teens got you so worked up. They must be doing something right if they're making grown men throw hissy fits and call them names. Then again, I don't have any attachments to inanimate objects that I tie my masculinity to.

You haven't been paying attention to the special elections, have you.
Which is why I made the point that Republicans are having low turnout, which is what has happened in the special elections. If the 2nd amendment feels like it's under attack, it will get republicans to show up and vote.

Midterm elections are always a game of which party can get ppl to show up. Historically the party w the Executive branch loses 24 house seats in the first midterm election. It will be curious to see if this one is around that same number or more or less.

I find it funny that a bunch of teens got you so worked up. They must be doing something right if they're making grown men throw hissy fits and call them names. Then again, I don't have any attachments to inanimate objects that I tie my masculinity to.
Why is it masculinity or penis size always brought up when firearms are talked about? Isn't that kind of sexist on your part? what about women who owns or shots firearms? Do you compare their tits size to what firearm they use? What about the mentally ill, who don't conform to male/female? What would you use to compare them with?

Which is why I made the point that Republicans are having low turnout, which is what has happened in the special elections. If the 2nd amendment feels like it's under attack, it will get republicans to show up and vote.

Midterm elections are always a game of which party can get ppl to show up. Historically the party w the Executive branch loses 24 house seats in the first midterm election. It will be curious to see if this one is around that same number or more or less.
Conservatives can't even get their asses out for highly competitive races and when more people vote, voter lean democratic, which is why red states try to restrict voting rights. This isn't news and I don't know why you're pretending to be neutral.

Why is it masculinity or penis size always brought up when firearms are talked about? Isn't that kind of sexist on your part? what about women who owns or shots firearms? Do you compare their tits size to what firearm they use? What about the mentally ill, who don't conform to male/female? What would you use to compare them with?
That's a weak deflection because I'm specifically talking about you. What part of "I find it funny that a bunch of teens got YOU so worked up" do you not understand? Are you an adult male? Do you even give a shit about sexism? Probably not from your next sentence. Obviously you don't care about the mentally ill either when you think non-conforming is a mental illness, so get the fuck outta here with that bullshit. You ain't fooling anyone.

Conservatives can't even get their asses out for highly competitive races and when more people vote, voter lean democratic, which is why red states try to restrict voting rights. This isn't news and I don't know why you're pretending to be neutral.
Who's restricting voting rights?

Are you in a well regulated militia?

bread's done
Back