HOT: Xbox Holiday System Bundle w/ GTA Double Pack $134.17 at AAFES B&M YMMV

radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
XBox Holiday System w/ controller S, Star Wars: Clone Wars, Tetris Worlds, AND the Grand Theft Auto Double Pack all for just...

$134.17 !!! !!! with no taxes!!! SO HOT!!!

I found this bundle at AAFES while poking around for clearance items. Apparently the Xbox bundle they had during the holiday season has gone on clearance. The associates all told me they should be on an endcap in the Powerzone, but all they had were PS2 systems, so I asked if they had any in the back. After looking around all kinds of places for a good long time, they came back with the bundle and told me what the price was. I asked if they had more, but apparently it was the last one.

Army and Air Force Exchange Service.

It's a department store on military bases.

It's one of those things that if you have to ask, then it doesn't apply to you.

[quote name='radjago']Army and Air Force Exchange Service.

It's a department store on military bases.

It's one of those things that if you have to ask, then it doesn't apply to you.[/quote]

Figured as much, but still curious all the same.

I havent been out on base for a while. The exchange is a pretty cool place. Last time I was there I didn't see any real good deals on games but I may have to go check it out if I'm in the area. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='englishboy']what do you need to get on a base. I still have my USAA number (from my stepdad). Will that do?[/quote]

No. USAA now services anyone with money, so this won't work. You'll need an ID, or at least be with somebody who has an ID.

[quote name='Engineer_J'][quote name='Atreadon']Kinda hard to play Xbox from inside a flag-draped casket... :?[/quote]

Cmon now was that necessary?[/quote]

yeah

[quote name='Atreadon']Kinda hard to play Xbox from inside a flag-draped casket... :?[/quote]

What an ungrateful bastard.

Regardless of your political views, you should respect those who put their lives on the line for our country. The servicemen and women don't choose their assignments.

Somebody lock this thread, STAT.

[quote name='Atreadon']Kinda hard to play Xbox from inside a flag-draped casket... :?[/quote]

Sounds like a job for the Myth Busters!

Somebody lock this thread, STAT.

You're going to let this thread die because one person expressed his opinion?

~Alfred

"What an ungrateful bastard.

Regardless of your political views, you should respect those who put their lives on the line for our country. The servicemen and women don't choose their assignments.

Somebody lock this thread, STAT."

Clearly, Atreadon is referring to Knuckle's statement about joining "Uncle Sam's" cause for the sake of an Xbox. It doesn't matter if you don't dig the tongue-in-cheek humor involved, but I get the feeling from your response that it went right over your head.

In any case, you're overreacting to what can be considered an entirely pertinent political point. And I find it somewhat ironic that you would so readily support the suppression of the right to free expression that servicemen supposedly die in order to protect. Don't you see your own hypocrisy, or are you too busy cussing people out for not living up to your "patriotic" standard?

I agree 100%. This is America, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Even if you don't support the troops for example, who are protecting our freedom, the great thing about America is that it's still your right to feel that way and express your opinion. No reason to censor something just because you don't like it.

[quote name='wookieballz']~Alfred

"What an ungrateful bastard.

Somebody lock this thread, STAT."

Clearly, Atreadon is referring to Knuckle's statement about joining "Uncle Sam's" cause for the sake of an Xbox. It doesn't matter if you don't dig the tongue-in-cheek humor involved, but I get the feeling from your response that it went right over your head.

In any case, you're overreacting to what can be considered an entirely pertinent political point. And I find it somewhat ironic that you would so readily support the suppression of the right to free expression that servicemen supposedly die in order to protect. Don't you see your own hypocrisy, or are you too busy cussing people out for not living up to your "patriotic" standard?[/quote]

Nothing destroys the legitimacy of a political commentary like the author saying he shouldn't have made it...

In any case, regardless of how you now feel about the propriety of the statement you made, the inpropriety of one of the reactions it got remains intact. Let's see if its author owns up to it as you have to your own.

Let me start off by saying that I am sorry as well. I too should not have made the statement I made, it would have been better to ignore it, but at the time the statement made me very angry as that is something not to be joked about, especially in current times with service people's family members possibly reading this very forum.

I would never, ever restrict anyone's right to free speech and to suggest otherwise is a far greater overreaction than my own.

My reason for asking for the lock was that such remarks such as the original poster's and my own were way off topic and do not belong on this forum. There are places far more appropriate. I come to CAG looking for deals and so far this site has been a paradise, free from venomous posts, controversy, trolling, and the like. For that I am thankful.

To maintain that end, I wish to put this issue to bed, and get back to the topic of this site and forum, video and computer game deals.

This isnt really a deal cause basically nobody except for maybe 1-2% of the board can even think about getting it. Its nice that you got it, but this is like SUPER-YMMV

Radjago...did you find this deal at the AAFES at Wright Patterson AFB? As far as I know, that'd be the only AAFES in Ohio, unless there's an Army post somewhere I'm not aware of.

Anyway, I've found tons of deals at that AAFES, but never posted them because I figured not a lot of folks would necessarily be able to get to an AAFES to buy. Plus, I think the deals are very location specific. The last base I was at never had anything good at their AAFES, but the one at Wright Patt often has insane deals. Otogi for $7.99, Wakeboarding Unleashed (Xbox) for $11.99 are two recent examples. I'd love to pick up this Xbox deal (could make a nice Linux box) but sounds like you got the last one. And by the way, I happen to be a service member who checks CAG mutliple times a day. And I know of one other friend of mine (also in the Air Force) who does the same. So we're definitely out here.

As far as the comment about the flag-draped casket...I wasn't offended at all. Saw it as a nice bit of irony in response to the guy's comment about joining the service simply to get a good deal on an Xbox.

~Lord Alfred

Good man. I think it's safe to say the issue has been put to rest. Also, it's refreshing to see adversity like that dealt with in such a mature manner. A lot of forums (*cough* GameFAQs *cough*) could benefit from that kind of example.

Anyhow, to make this post relevant to the topic...

Um...

Yeah, that's a good deal there at the AAFES. Yup.

[quote name='TheDecn']Radjago...did you find this deal at the AAFES at Wright Patterson AFB? As far as I know, that'd be the only AAFES in Ohio, unless there's an Army post somewhere I'm not aware of.

Anyway, I've found tons of deals at that AAFES, but never posted them because I figured not a lot of folks would necessarily be able to get to an AAFES to buy. Plus, I think the deals are very location specific. The last base I was at never had anything good at their AAFES, but the one at Wright Patt often has insane deals. Otogi for $7.99, Wakeboarding Unleashed (Xbox) for $11.99 are two recent examples. I'd love to pick up this Xbox deal (could make a nice Linux box) but sounds like you got the last one. And by the way, I happen to be a service member who checks CAG mutliple times a day. And I know of one other friend of mine (also in the Air Force) who does the same. So we're definitely out here.

As far as the comment about the flag-draped casket...I wasn't offended at all. Saw it as a nice bit of irony in response to the guy's comment about joining the service simply to get a good deal on an Xbox.[/quote]

Yes, I do shop the WPAFB AAFES, and they have some killer clearance. Too bad they don't have it all in one location like they used to. I'm not sure if clearances are AAFES-wide or are per store. That Otogi deal is killer, I noticed the Wakeboarding Unleashed last time I was in, but it didn't interest me enough to pick it up. I recently found Zelda : Oracle of Ages and Seasons for $7.50 each among other things. Great deals.

bread's done
Back