House of the Dead Overkill Best Buy 29.99

At this price, this Rail shooter is a much better value.

The game was worth two play-throughs. The first one was to unlock the director's cut, and the second one was to play it. The action was fast and frantic with a lot of things to unlock.

On the minus side, the voice dialogue was pretty obnoxious and the humor is spotty at best. You must be a fan of rail-shooters to enjoy this one. RE: Umbrella Chronicles was a much better package.

This fall, the new RE and Dead Space rail shooters will provide a much better experience.

love these light-gun rail shooters. I may not be a huge fan of the wii, but their arcadey games bring back good memories. If only Sony would utilize that namco guncon more...grrrrrr

Just picked it up at Gamestop with 20% coupon and edge card. Got it for just under 20. Great game and great replayibility. Rented it from Gamestop when it first came out and vowed i would pick it up at 20 bucks or less. Presto!

My kids love this game... it's all they want to play when the Wii is hooked up. I might try it some day if I get a chance.

[quote name='zeeb8']It's going for $27.99 w/ free shipping at New Egg. Think I am going to bite
iy.gif
.[/QUOTE]
Go ahead and bite the bullet hard, I already did this morning after debating for almost a week.

Best on-rails shooter EVER. Easily worth $30 or less. Feels exactly like an interactive grindhouse flick.

For what it's worth: I hated the other House of the Dead games; but Overkill is absolutely fantastic, and needs to be in every Wii owners' library.

[quote name='ctrek3']how does this compare to house o' the dead 2&3. i enjoyed that one. is overkill better?[/QUOTE]

Much, MUCH better. Overkill is more about the atmosphere, high scores, and upgrades--it's a much easier game, which makes it infinitely more fun, especially with two people. Feels a lot like a Rob Zombie flick.

Also, just an FYI: it is filled to the brim with cursing, so I wouldn't plan on playing it with or around children.

bread's done
Back