CompUSA - Galleria

CompUSA - Royal Oaks Village

Stores that will be closing:
CompUSA - Webster

CompUSA - Willowbrook

CompUSA - 330 FM 1960 West

CompUSA - Sugar Land

Clearance Sale(s):
Webster – Everything in the store is between 5% - 20% off.

Willowbrook - Everything in the store is between 5% - 20% off.

330 FM 1960 – TBD

Sugar LandEverything in the store is between 5% - 20% off.

***I will be updating this thread as more information becomes available***

Sweet thanks, I'll be sure to share any deals I might find here. I doubt they are going to start off with many huge discount deals at 1st since none of them are suposedly closing until the end May.

03/01/07 – Nothing much to report at the Webster location. They had plenty of video games (excluding PS3) and video game accessories in stock but nothing had been marked down as of yet. The one clerk I spoke to said he believed sales would start this Sunday.

After a few phone calls

Me: "Hi do you have a clearance sale going on today?"

Webster – “No sir it hasn’t started yet. I’m not to sure when it’s going to start.”

Willowbrook – “Everything in the store up to 20%” To be honest I’m not exactly sure what “up to” means in that statement.

330 FM 1960 – “Not yet maybe tomorrow”

Sugar Land – “10% on select items”

Of course that damned store right next to me (galleria) is staying open. Jerks.

OP, if you find anything worth makin a drive for, let a brotha know and thanks for the heads up.

Yesterday at sugar land the sign said:
Movies: 20%
Computer Parts: 30%
Cables: 20%

I saw:
Games: 10% I saw some PSPs and X360s
Computers: 5% off

Checked out the Webster location yesterday. 10% off on all video games. Nothing really to get excited about yet.

Sugarland had more selected computer parts at 30% off but no changes other wise. Sucks they still have teh graphic cards and hard drives still at 10%. I'm probably not going to be around when they drop lower.

Went to the Webster location yesterday... DVDs, HDDVDs, & Blue Ray movies are 20% off & all Video Games & Accessories are 10% off still.

picked up 2 DVDs:

Flesh + Blood for $4
&
Dead Ringers (WB) for $3.98 (have the Criterion, wanted it for it's Anamorphicness)

Other than a few good low prices on some DVDs there really wasn't much marked down. I'll probably go back the 1st week of April & check things out again.

Went back to Comp USA saturday in Webster. They had a big sign outside that says Closing Clearance 9 days left. (as of 5-5-07)

Most everything was 40-60% off. They had a small selection of 360 games, but none of them were any real amazing bargains. They were all pretty much full MSRP -40%. Titles they had at the time for 360 were Madden 07, NCAA 07, NBA Live 07, Over the Hedge ($12), Just Cause, & a few other crap titles. They also had a small selection of PSP & PS3 titles. I remember seeing about 5 PS3 titles & they were down to about $35 a pop. They also had some 3 month Xbox Live kits with Joust & mics.

The store was really pretty bare. They had several pc titles & prepaid cards mostly for online pc games. They had alot of blank media left, but they prices were full msrp -discount & were not really cheap. I do remember see alot of blank blue ray discs, but never checked the prices. I also remember seeing 1 big screen tv left for about $1300 that was fairly nice looking, but it was being used as a display. They had a couple Tivo units for around $70ish, 1 HD DVD player marked to around $200 which looked nice. They had a ton of old used pcs that were wiped out & priced at $50 as well as several misc pc & entertainment center cables.

They had some DVDs still, but nothing amazing. Most of them were about $5 after the discount. They had a few motherboards & processors & a few car radio kits for I believe Sirius radio. One thing they did seem to have an abundance of was ink carts for Lexmark & HP printers. They had around 10 or so old bulky crt monitors. Really though I wouldn't go expecting to find too much as what was left of the store was all pushed to the middle of the store & looked rather raped over.

I did end up purchasing 2 items, but neither was an amazing buy. I found a sealed Harmony 659 remote for $77, I thought it seamed like a fairly good buy on it, but I ended up paying about $10 more that they were selling for on ebay. I also picked up a 3 Doors Down LE Monster THX/DTS DVD for $5.

If you're going to go there, you better go soon as I'm sure by next weekend most everything will be gone.

bread's done
Back