Houston CompUSA SAT: One HOUR $50 XBox when bought with two thirty dollar games.

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Ripped from Fatwallet by oturanboga. In today's Houston Chronicle.

"CompUSA - 12hrs sale - Sat 9am to 9pm- Houston only

"6pm - 7pm

"XBox - $49.99
"$149.99 - $100 Instant Savings = $49.99 with any 2 XBox games $29.99 and up"

That is completely insane. Do you think anyone would PM that or something?
...not that i have the spare cash, I guess. Hehehe.

People, make sure you pick up Jade Empire. The best exclusive RPG on XBOX IMO.

If I picked up the XBOX for $50, do you think I could then return the 2 $30 games later?

[quote name='aaa']People, make sure you pick up Jade Empire. The best exclusive RPG on XBOX IMO.

If I picked up the XBOX for $50, do you think I could then return the 2 $30 games later?[/QUOTE]

I've heard CompUSA totally sucks when it comes to returning stuff. I'd suggest getting stuff that either has a decent trade-in value other places, or that you'll like, because returning might not work.

It's like the time when the Compusa/Good Guys megastore grand opening, except it was $50 Xbox for any two games purchase. So I brought LOTR:TA and Burnout 3 for $20 each.

with the new xbox around the corner, its time to be on the look out for a crazy price drop. It will happen nation wide..you will see... probibly black friday :|

[quote name='ITDEFX']with the new xbox around the corner, its time to be on the look out for a crazy price drop. It will happen nation wide..you will see... probibly black friday :|[/QUOTE]

What happens on Black Friday, stays on Black Friday. That is, if the price is low on BF, it is a sale, not a price drop.

[quote name='Sockey']damn, wish I were in Houston[/QUOTE]

No you dont.Its 98 degrees outside and with the humidity it feels like 115.

[quote name='DX']No you dont.Its 98 degrees outside and with the humidity it feels like 115.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

Also, the fucking drivers there are terrible, and the traffic... ugh...

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Exactly!

Also, the fucking drivers there are terrible, and the traffic... ugh...[/QUOTE]

Right on.

I live right outside Houston in Texas City where the oil/chemical refineries always blow up.

I wonder if you could get one of those fancy pricematching credit cards to pricematch that. Amex Starwood or something anybody with any experience with the ordeal shoot me a PM.

This sounds like the deal a while ago at CUSA/Goodguys superstore grand opening. I got my Xbox for 50, but i had to purchase 2 any games. What i did to get rid of the games was to return them at a local regular CUSA store. As i suspected, they were clueless and let me return them. I dont think there's anything wrong with this, morally or legally. So try it out.

[quote name='DX']No you dont.Its 98 degrees outside and with the humidity it feels like 115.[/QUOTE]

You know what I hate? Hearing people complaining about weather "feeling" like 110 or 115, when we regularly GET that temperature here in Phoenix. And at this time of the year, it ain't a "dry" heat either.

[quote name='MC Hampster']You know what I hate? Hearing people complaining about weather "feeling" like 110 or 115, when we regularly GET that temperature here in Phoenix. And at this time of the year, it ain't a "dry" heat either.[/QUOTE]

Phoenix dont half half the damn humidity that Houston gets.The city is built on top a swamp for shrists sake!

the Xbox's will be sold out in like the first 2 minutes so its not even worth going........ and they'll have like 3 to start off with

This sounds like what a new CompUSA in Lynnwood, WA did - except you didn't have to buy 2 games AND you entered into a raffle for a chance to buy an X-Box for that price. Who knows about this one, but that's what happened last weekend over here.

So its only Houston? Has anyone called their local Comp USAs?

And Texas does suck. SO many stupid ignorant people and unbearable weather. I dont think this state has a winter anymore.

[quote name='Ravenous']So its only Houston? Has anyone called their local Comp USAs?

And Texas does suck. SO many stupid ignorant people and unbearable weather. I dont think this state has a winter anymore.[/QUOTE]

Meh...it depends where you live in Texas. I rather enjoy living in Austin (where I go to school). True the weather sucks ass...but Texas is one of the cheapest places to live in the US.

I think this means we'll be seeing a nationwide price drop soon enough. $50 for a console system is my kinda price. :mrgreen:

Can any Houstonian confirm this? There's no circular in today's newspaper, there wasn't one yesterday either, so where exactly is this guy getting his information from? And I'm not talking about you admiral, but there's no inidcation of this type of thing anywhere. I'll go check, but 2 out of the 5 or 6 compusa's in the houston area don't have xboxes to begin with.

[quote name='Ravenous']So its only Houston? Has anyone called their local Comp USAs?

And Texas does suck. SO many stupid ignorant people and unbearable weather. I dont think this state has a winter anymore.[/QUOTE]

I can't let this go without responding.

1) There are stupid, ignorant people everywhere you go. To identify the stupid, ignorant people where you live, watch for phrases like "Everyone here is stupid and ignorant". And, "(Insert current state or city of residence here) really sucks."

2) I agree Texas is warm, and tends to be year-round, but AT LEAST wait until a year when it didn't snow and ice in HOUSTON and SOUTH PADRE to make complaints like "I don't think this state has a winter anymore."

3) I have lived and traveled all over the country, and I can make two statements with a full measure of certainty:

A) Everybody in every state in the US is convinced that the weather in their state is "crazier" and "likely to change in the blink of an eye" moreso than anywhere else in the US.

B) Texans all over the US are universally known for their love of their homestate. No matter where I live, the consensus has always been "Nobody loves their homestate like Texans." These statements are often made with some level of disdain for Texans (along the lines of "what makes them think Texas is so special?"). But regardless, for a place that you think is so miserable it is the only state I have ever seen where former residents hold it in such high regard.

By the way, I have not lived in Texas for over 4 years now. I was one of the ignorant and stupid ones I guess who went to college, graduated with honors, and got a well-paying job that allows me to work and travel around the country...

I can't let this go without responding.

1) There are stupid, ignorant people everywhere you go. To identify the stupid, ignorant people where you live, watch for phrases like "Everyone here is stupid and ignorant". And, "(Insert current state or city of residence here) really sucks."

2) I agree Texas is warm, and tends to be year-round, but AT LEAST wait until a year when it didn't snow and ice in HOUSTON and SOUTH PADRE to make complaints like "I don't think this state has a winter anymore."

3) I have lived and traveled all over the country, and I can make two statements with a full measure of certainty:

A) Everybody in every state in the US is convinced that the weather in their state is "crazier" and "likely to change in the blink of an eye" moreso than anywhere else in the US.

B) Texans all over the US are universally known for their love of their homestate. No matter where I live, the consensus has always been "Nobody loves their homestate like Texans." These statements are often made with some level of disdain for Texans (along the lines of "what makes them think Texas is so special?"). But regardless, for a place that you think is so miserable it is the only state I have ever seen where former residents hold it in such high regard.

By the way, I have not lived in Texas for over 4 years now. I was one of the ignorant and stupid ones I guess who went to college, graduated with honors, and got a well-paying job that allows me to work and travel around the country...

Well said, I'm a native Texan who still lives in Austin, and even though I hate the summers, I love the state. I also find a hell of a lot of great game deals since there are sooooo many game stores in Houston, Dallas, etc.

Back on topic, good luck on the CompUSA deal for anybody who's going to try it.

[quote name='chosen1s']I can't let this go without responding.

By the way, I have not lived in Texas for over 4 years now. I was one of the ignorant and stupid ones I guess who went to college, graduated with honors, and got a well-paying job that allows me to work and travel around the country...[/QUOTE]

How does this relate to "Houston CompuUSA SAT: One HOUR $50 XBox when bought with two thirty dollar games" ?......... I think you should start another topic man

You can bite me. The question is, how does "Yeah, right, Texas is full of ignorant, stupid people and the weather sucks" relate to the CompUSA sale? I was just responding to his ignorance. For instance, if you're in English class and someone says "I hate (insert race here)", do you fail to respond to such an ignorant comment just because it "doesn't have anything to do with English"?

I didn't think so.

FYI - For those SO INTERESTED in what these posts have to do with the sale - I am in Houston this weekend visiting my sister and took part in the big sale. I love Texas.

Heh...

[quote name='bostonfrontier']the Xbox's will be sold out in like the first 2 minutes so its not even worth going........ and they'll have like 3 to start off with[/QUOTE]

Actually, they still had the vouchers up to like 30 mins after 6. I went there at 5:10 and was the 4th person in line, but I didn't need to go that early. They had 25 xboxs to sell. Also, this deal ended up being even better than advertised. The manager was saying that if you wanted to buy $19.99 games they would bump the price up to $29.99 in order to qualify for the promotion. But for some reason, the cashiers were changing all the games to $29.99. So I got NCAA 06 for 29.99, jade empire LE which was regularly 29.99 anyways, and a $50 xbox. I'm happy, now I don't have to borrow my girlfriend's xbox any more.

I showed up 5 minutes before the sale. I waited with another guy right behind me as the others went through the line and turned in their "tickets". We got to the front and asked what was up with the tickets, and basically a crowd fell in behind us. The guy says "Wait here, there are two that weren't picked up. If those two don't show I'll sell them to you."

Long story short, the other two didn't show. Some lady tried to say she was next in line behind me and I had to tell them emphatically that the guy behind me had waited through the line with me and was actually second in line. He got his XBox and was quite grateful. Wonder if he was a CAG...

[quote name='chosen1s']You can bite me. The question is, how does "Yeah, right, Texas is full of ignorant, stupid people and the weather sucks" relate to the CompUSA sale? I was just responding to his ignorance. For instance, if you're in English class and someone says "I hate (insert race here)", do you fail to respond to such an ignorant comment just because it "doesn't have anything to do with English"?

I didn't think so.

[/QUOTE]

someone please ban this guy

[quote name='Ravenous']And Texas does suck. SO many stupid ignorant people and unbearable weather.[/QUOTE]

So you're NOT ignorant for making such a ridiculous and shallow stereotype?

What a moron

Did it ever occur to you that some people don't like shoveling two feet of snow out of their driveways every winter?

Houston is one of the best cities in the country to relocate to -- you can buy a great house for a fraction of what it costs in other cities. I'm sure you're some kid living in your mom's basement in minnesota or wherever the hell there's still a winter.

[quote name='chosen1s']You can bite me. The question is, how does "Yeah, right, Texas is full of ignorant, stupid people and the weather sucks" relate to the CompUSA sale? I was just responding to his ignorance. For instance, if you're in English class and someone says "I hate (insert race here)", do you fail to respond to such an ignorant comment just because it "doesn't have anything to do with English"?

I didn't think so.

Heh...[/QUOTE]

why respond to a comment like that?
Everyone is entitled to their opinoin, just like you're entitled to your's

[quote name='equest943']Actually, they still had the vouchers up to like 30 mins after 6. I went there at 5:10 and was the 4th person in line, but I didn't need to go that early. They had 25 xboxs to sell. Also, this deal ended up being even better than advertised. The manager was saying that if you wanted to buy $19.99 games they would bump the price up to $29.99 in order to qualify for the promotion. But for some reason, the cashiers were changing all the games to $29.99. So I got NCAA 06 for 29.99, jade empire LE which was regularly 29.99 anyways, and a $50 xbox. I'm happy, now I don't have to borrow my girlfriend's xbox any more.[/QUOTE]

Great deal, glad someone had something decent to report besides all these other idiots just spewin hate.

WTH?!?! this topic started off being about 50 bucks for an xbox at compusa on a special deal and ended up with calling texan's names????!?! chill out people..good find btw but too bad you had to buy those games like that price.

[quote name='chosen1s']I can't let this go without responding.

By the way, I have not lived in Texas for over 4 years now. I was one of the ignorant and stupid ones I guess who went to college, graduated with honors, and got a well-paying job that allows me to work and travel around the country...[/QUOTE]

Youre still a cocksucker...

Get a life. One comment said in tounge and cheek and everyone bitches. Its so funny how people need the internet for a social life and start arguments, than attempt to feel good about themselves with stories of bullshit success. Yea great life! And your up to how many posts per day?

Im done with this thread and its nonsense.

bread's done
Back