How are you going to get a Wii?

maguszxz

CAGiversary!
I know this is probably one of hunderds of posts about aquireing a Wii. Yet, I have to ask the CAG community: How are you going to get a Wii. Do you know a friend at a big box store with inside info? Will you bunk down with the huddled and unwashed masses in the cold for one? Scary still, will you just wait until Smash Bros. and get one? Just one CAG asking a communitity. How will you get a taste of Nintendo goodness?

I already got my taste and now it sits on my shelf looking nice. For the low, low price of only $499.99 per month for 16 months it could be yours!

[quote name='anomynous']Is this thread a year late?[/quote]

With the holiday season upon us, I was curious about how CAGs would obtain a Wii.

Sat 13 hours outside Toys R Us on launch day.
I advise others to be willing to do similar things if they really want one; especially this time of year.

Here's how I got mine. I saw a report on the news about how they put a Wii in the old folks home. I recognized the home, so I drove down there, walked in, grabbed the Wii out of the recreation area, and walked out. Only one person noticed me, an old lady in a wheelchair who just looked at me with tearful eyes and whispered "Why?"

I'm going to show up at my mother's place on Christmas morning to get mine :)

She stumbled onto two at a local Wal-Mart -- one will be at her place waiting for me on Christmas morning, the other is getting mailed to my brother in Florida.

I was hungry, so I went to Wendy's and ate, my food consisting of a Frosty Float. Got home, entered the code from my cup, and BAM, I won a Wii.

I was out way too early to get my Wii in front of Toys'R'Us...

Then last month my wife and I were outside for my parents and her parents picking up Wii's for my brother and her brother for Christmas. We bunkered down at around 4 AM...we were the only ones there until about 6 AM. Apparently the week before people were there at 4AM and didn't get Wii's, my guess is they got discouraged and didn't come back the next week.

its so easy to get a wii, you just have to put a little effort into it.
i got mine the week before xmas last year. all i did was look in an ad for TRU to see if the wii was in that weeks paper. then i went to TRU 15 mins before it open. there was a huge line but they had 200 wiis in, enough for everyone in the line. Just go to TRU, they still get alot of wiis in stock for wii sunday.

[quote name='lilboo']Sat 13 hours outside Toys R Us on launch day.
I advise others to be willing to do similar things if they really want one; especially this time of year.[/quote]

Showed up about a half hr before BestBuy opened up on a sunday roughly 10:30AM I'm "hardcore" *flex* >_>.

This is a good start. I like everyone's comment (except Retirement home theft, that's just wrong). I want to keep this going and see how others will get a Wii.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']I was hungry, so I went to Wendy's and ate, my food consisting of a Frosty Float. Got home, entered the code from my cup, and BAM, I won a Wii.[/quote]

Really? Congratulations.

[quote name='maguszxz']I know this is probably one of hunderds of posts about aquireing a Wii. Yet, I have to ask the CAG community: How are you going to get a Wii. Do you know a friend at a big box store with inside info? Will you bunk down with the huddled and unwashed masses in the cold for one? Scary still, will you just wait until Smash Bros. and get one? Just one CAG asking a communitity. How will you get a taste of Nintendo goodness?[/quote]

Call the Gamestops in your area, also Wal Mart, depending on the part of the country you live in, they have been spotted the last couple of days, So. CA. GS's got them today, have not seen any at Walmart yet, unless they have come and gone.

Went to Best Buy on Tuesday to get Futurama: Bender's Big Score and I happened to see a Best Buy employee walking up to the front with a Wii system, I asked if he had anymore and he brought me one. Talk about being at the right place at the right time. My 4 year old niece and 7 year old nephew are going to be extatic when they open up my gift!

[quote name='MarioColbert']Not waiting for Smash Bros. any longer, dmaul?[/QUOTE]

I am, in all likelihood. Would only sell if I saw an easy way to make a sweet profit on the used Wii, controllers, games and all the GC stuff I still have.

But unlikely as it would take to much effort to get good value for everything.

Even then I'd prefer to keep it, just strapped for cash a bit as my old car died and I was a bit too impulsive in buying a new one and have a payment a bit higher than I'd have liked.

bread's done
Back