How big is your gaming backlog?

Organ Donor

CAGiversary!
I see a lot of people mentioning how big their backlogs are when deciding whether or not to buy a game. I currently have about 35 games in my backlog (25 of those games are from a lot of NES games I bought off of eBay a couple of months back).

So how big is your backlog?

Not 100% sure, but I figure somewhere around 25 or 30. Most of that can be blamed from the hollywood video sale this past summer (plus christmas).

Too big. In the realm of 60-70, I think. It's at the point where I think I need to just lay them all out and get rid of games that I even kinda doubt I'll get around to.

[quote name='JStryke']Not 100% sure, but I figure somewhere around 25 or 30. Most of that can be blamed from the hollywood video sale this past summer (plus christmas).[/QUOTE]

I hear that. That sale over the summer and then this winter killlllled me. I think I got around 20 games from them this time around. Probably around 30-40 overall last year.

200 and I'm not kidding. I haven't bought a game in over a year a half.

[quote name='thegreek']I have close to 1500 games and about 75% are still sealed. I know, sick isn't it?[/QUOTE]

You'll never play 95% of those games. There literally isn't anywhere near enough time for it.

I only have a backlog of around 20. I am trying add to it though. With limited time to play, I am sure it will be as big as everyone else's backlong soon enough!

I'm at 104 games right now (PROBABLY forgetting a few).

I'm seriously impressed that some of you guys have me beat...sometimes REALLY beat. Pretty cool! :)

Are you ready for this...

...three. I don't even know if one of them counts because I already beat it a few years ago and I just want to play it again.

Don't have one. Fallout 3 is the only unplayed game on my shelf.

Going into this gen I decided to largely only buy games when I'm going to play them soon. So I don't think I've ever had more than 3 games on the shelf waiting to be played.

That would be smart probably, or to just use Gamefly unless you want to keep a game or something. I just...geez, I keep getting sucked in by these deals. And on top of that, I sort of have this weird thing were my brain either identifies quantities as "hardly any!" or "tons and tons!" And it wants me to be in the "tons and tons!" category for the essentials (including games :D )

Well over 100 and still growing (thanks to this damn site ;)).

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'll never catch up. :cry:

[quote name='Wolfpup']That would be smart probably, or to just use Gamefly unless you want to keep a game or something. I just...geez, I keep getting sucked in by these deals. And on top of that, I sort of have this weird thing were my brain either identifies quantities as "hardly any!" or "tons and tons!" And it wants me to be in the "tons and tons!" category for the essentials (including games :D )[/QUOTE]

Yeah I switched last year to mainly just using Goozex for my games, and just buying 1 or 2 games a year new (MW2 was the only one I bought new last year, just bought ME2 yesterday).

So I don't really even keep an eye on game deals anymore. Just throw games I want on Goozex (put stuff on hold if it looks like I'll get matched up before I have time to play). Occasionally I'll see a deal when I'm wanting something new and buy it and take it off my Goozex requests.

Of course, this is easy for me to do since I'm not a hardcore gamer anymore and only play 5-7 games or so a year anymore.

Counting last gen stuff, I probably have 200 games total, and have never touched 100 of them. I intend to, but when you keep buying new stuff, it's just that much harder to actually start something from way back. I really think I have a relatively serious form of OCD when it comes to games, because of this site, getting a good deal on a game is as rewarding as playing the game itself. How else can you explain these backlogs. There are times I wish I would just stop buying new stuff and focus on the backlog. Hell, given the time I have available for games (usually evenings), it would take me years to work through what I have now.

Yeah, I think this might be tapping into some instinctual thing :lol:

I try to mostly play stuff in reverse order of how much I want to, and the age of it. But that has the side effect of making me miss games for years. I haven't gotten to Crysis, Fable 2, Fallout 3, or Dragon Age yet, and realistically have no idea when I will.

I've got 5 in my backlog I haven't touched - plus 10 games I'm somewhere in the middle of that got put on the back burner.

My time is sacred. Between a career, a part time job, and a wife - I'm lucky to have ANY gaming time.

I've sold off most of my older games simply because I know I'm not going to have time to get to them, plus I don't want to spend my entire life playing videogames.

Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
Borderlands
Fear 2
Red Faction Guerilla
Uncharted 2
Smackdown vs Raw 2010
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Battlefield Bad Company
God of War Collection
Call of Juarez
Star Wars TFU
Bayonetta (playing now)
Darksiders
Killzone 2
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Zelda Twilight Princess
Dead Space Extraction
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

Then a few others that I got really cheap and not really that concerned about getting around to, Madworld, Condemned 2, The Darkness.

Probably between 40-50. Its hard to pass up on a good deal...

Borderlands is just dominating my gaming time (which isnt much) too.

I'm probably sitting at around 25 to 30. It doesn't help either that I have an obsession of trying to get 100% of the achievements either. Some I just let it slide though (DMC4 got kind of annoying after beating it the 3rd time on Son of Sparda then S Ranking up to mission 10 on 3 difficulties.) Doesn't help that about 4 of them are RPGs either which take any where from 75 to 250 hours to max out!

I have a box of games just sitting here staring at me begging me to finish. I call it my Shame Pile. I'm playing Borderlands right now and it's taking up most off my time too. Probably about 40 games. I'll put it this way: I have Left 4 Dead 2....still in the wrapper...

I just call my backlog my 'collection', because calling it a backlog implies that I may evetually get to all those games and play them, and that's never going to happen.

I do plan to beat them all sometime in my life, but every time I seem to beat 1, I buy another. Last year was really bad, since I started visiting this site a lot more. This year I've started to hold back on most games 'till they hit $20.

[quote name='Puffa469']I just call my backlog my 'collection', because calling it a backlog implies that I may evetually get to all those games and play them, and that's never going to happen.[/QUOTE]

At least one person in this thread sees it how it really is. :lol:

Anyone remember the old Twilight Zone episode where the end of the world came and the book lover had all the time he needed in the world to read all the books he wanted, but couldn't because his glasses were broken?

Yea, I thought about that. If it happened to me I'm sure the end of the world would come but either there would be no power or by Xbox would RROD. I guess I could just loot another one. That and what's the point of games like Modern Warfare 2 if everyone is dead?

[quote name='WormFOODx']Anyone remember the old Twilight Zone episode where the end of the world came and the book lover had all the time he needed in the world to read all the books he wanted, but couldn't because his glasses were broken?

Yea, I thought about that. If it happened to me I'm sure the end of the world would come but either there would be no power or by Xbox would RROD. I guess I could just loot another one. That and what's the point of games like Modern Warfare 2 if everyone is dead?[/QUOTE]

Yes thats a great episode. I re-watched it on Netflix Instant Watch not too long ago.

You better learn how to fix RRoD now just incase... I don't think there is enough 360s to loot when one after after another fails you.

I was about to make a thread on this before I saw this one. My backlog is probably about 10 games long or so. I decided to shut myself off, unless I see an INSANELY good deal I will not buy it. So far I've done pretty well at not buying anything and finishing up my games that I made a list of. I just beat Resident evil 5 and the ballad of gay tony recently and I am working on beating Marvel Ultimate Alliance. After that probably demons souls. I did have a weakness however, I bought Warhammer Online Collectors edition for 15 dollars, but that turned out to be a good one.

edit: BTW do racing and sports games count as can be beaten? lol

I wish I had your guys collections, cause you are making me feel poor right now. :(

I went from buying any game I was even remotely interested in if I got a good enough deal, to only buying 'Must Have!' games if I get a good enough deal.

Um, something like 20 Wii games, 20 Xbox 360 games, 50 PS2 games, 30 PSP games, 20 DS games... plus a handful of GameCube/GBA/PSX games I've still got sitting around.

Okay, since I made the list, I figure I might as well post it. It *MAY* be missing some new games I've bought. Just remembered to take Brutal Legend off it since it moved from "playing" to the sell pile.

Backlog List:

1)Defense Grid: The Awakening
2)Half Life 2
3)Half Life 2: Episode 1
4)Half Life 2: Episode 2
5)Overlord
6)Plants Vs Zombies
7)World of Goo
8)Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
9)Universe at War: Earth Assault
10)Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines
11)Giants: Citizen Kabuto
12)Messiah
13)Stronghold
14)Sacred: Gold
15)Dark Star One
16)Sid Meier's Sim Golf
17)Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (Hey! It's really Dark Forces 3: Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast!)
18)Nethack 3.x (I've played dozens of hours of an earlier one, but haven't played the newest yet!)
19)The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
20)New Super Mario Bros. Wii
21)Age of Empires III: Complete Collection (includes both expansions)
22)Final Fantasy III
23)Resident Evil: Degeneration
24)Wolfenstein RPG
25)Crysis
26)The Legendary Starfy
27)Mario & Luigi 3 (Bowser's Inside Story)
28)Infamous
29)Batman Arkham Asylum
30)Fable 2
31)Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
32)Gears of War 2
33)Beautiful Katamari
34)F.E.A.R. 2
35)Resistance: Retribution
36)Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7
37)Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
38)Loco Roco 2
39)Freedom Force
40)Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich
41)Just Cause
42)Battlestations Midway
43)Call of Juarez
44)Warcraft 3
45)Muramasa: The Demon Blade
46)Dead Space: Extraction
47)Resistance 2
48)Scribblenauts
49)DK Jungle Climber
50)Ben 10: Protector of Earth (DS version-already played through the PSP one)
51)A Boy and his Blob (2009 Wii version)
52)Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
53)Dead Space
54)Doom 3
55)Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
56)Star Wars: Knight's of the Old Republic
57)Star Trek: Elite Force 2
58)Fallout 3
59)Hellgate: London
60)Myst 5: End of Ages
61)Unreal: Return to Na Pali
62)Unreal 2: The Awakening (plus Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2004, but I'll never play those)
63)Star Wars: Republic Commando
64)Wolfenstein (Raven, 2009)
65)Farcry 1
66)Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
67)Evil Genius
68)The Movies
69)Prey
70)The Chronicles of Riddick: Director's Cut
71)The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
72)Deus Ex 2: Invisible War
73)Thief 3: Deadly Shadows
74)Timeshift
75)Galactic Civilizations 2: Dread Lords: Game of the Year Edition
76)SimCity Societies
77)Sins of a Solar Empire
78)Quake 4
79)Heroes of Might and Magic 5
80)Jade Empire: Special Edition
81)Unbound Saga
82)Ghost Master
83)Tropico: Reloaded
84)Heroes of Might and Magic III Complete (I *DID* buy 3 off of GOG.com :whistle2:D )
85)Advent Rising
86)Painkiller Black
87)Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project
88)King's Bounty: The Legend
89)King's Bounty: Armored Princess
90)Lucidity
91)Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
92)Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
93)Overlord
94)Puzzlequest 1
95)Railroad Tycoon 2
96)Space Siege