How can I get into Snakes on a Plane?

[quote name='D4rkN1ght']

question do nerds get ready for these types of events?[/QUOTE]

yea if they can get dressed up for star wars, superman, batman, matrix...then yea

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Yeah, but the movie is retarded, it's probably one of the dumbest movies ever. Without the hilarious deaths and the crowd saying stuff and Samuel L Jackson, it would be terrible. The theater is the best place to see it, I wouldn't wanna watch a B movie by myself at home. Too bad my theater had about 10 people in it after this one little girl and her mom left during the scene with the dog...[/QUOTE]

well in that case, if the movie NEEDS the crowd to carry it til the end and it would suck just watching it in a small crowd or alone, then it must suck.

Maybe thats why the press couldn't screen it first, because the makers knew the press would tear it up.

[quote name='ITDEFX']yea if they can get dressed up for star wars, superman, batman, matrix...then yea[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Harry Potter. I saw so many people dressed up in costumes to see that movie

[quote name='massermind19']Don't forget Harry Potter. I saw so many people dressed up in costumes to see that movie[/QUOTE]

meh, With all those movies out, if Potter hasn't banged that one chick, then he's an idiot.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Yeah, but the movie is retarded, it's probably one of the dumbest movies ever. Without the hilarious deaths and the crowd saying stuff and Samuel L Jackson, it would be terrible. The theater is the best place to see it, I wouldn't wanna watch a B movie by myself at home. Too bad my theater had about 10 people in it after this one little girl and her mom left during the scene with the dog...[/QUOTE]

It's not a dumb movie though, it's actually quite brilliant. It's a glorification of all the wonderful things American movies, and at the same time it's a completely brutal criticism of everything wrong with them.

More than anything, the movie is at is best what movie making should be: unabashed joy, completely pure and unfiltered magic. If one movie can truthfully show the "power of film", then it is Snakes on a Plane

The audience laughng collectively, the cheering, the clapping, the absolute energy in the theatre is something you don't usually feel at a pre-recorded event.

So I kind of take offense to it, personally [and I am not joking] I do think it is the best movie I've seen all year, and I haven't enjoyed a movie this much in quite a while. The movie has more depth to it then people give it credit for, this movie just took an idea, ran for it, and ended up winning the whole fucking race.

[quote name='ITDEFX']well in that case, if the movie NEEDS the crowd to carry it til the end and it would suck just watching it in a small crowd or alone, then it must suck.

Maybe thats why the press couldn't screen it first, because the makers knew the press would tear it up.[/QUOTE]

But the press didn't tear it up, it's 62% at Rotten Tomatoes, that means more than half the press loved it, and quite honestly, all the bad reviews come from completely unreliable sources. Roeper is a snob, Slant and Salon.com magazine won't give a movie a good score unless it's about homosexuals coming to terms with their identies while helping a single soccer mom fight cancer, Rolling Stone are a bunch of posers, and who the fuck cares what The Onion thinks??

Every critic with a mind of his/her own, every person with an actual love for movies, and anyone who knows how to enjoy a good work of fiction will love Snakes on a Plane.

bread's done
Back