How can one company make so much crap?

mbstuff

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://maltzauctions.com/acclaimip.htm

Granted, I think some of the rights have been sold off individually, but this is a whole lot of crap. Nothing redeemable after 8-bit nintendo games other than translations of Midway arcade games.

Wow.

I'd pay $100 for all of them.

Oops. This is probably the wrong forum.

noticed this at the bottom of the page

A refundable deposit, by Certified Bank Check, of at least $50,000 is required to register to bid. The check must be made payable to Allan B. Mendelsohn, as Trustee. The Assets will be sold "as is," "where is" and without representation or warranty of any kind or nature and free and clear of all liens, claims and encumbrances of any nature whatsoever. Contact Auctioneer's office for the complete Terms & Conditions of Sale

crazy

I think the list has been reduced since the list time I saw it meaning someone had to buy something from it.

so many games I played from my teenage years, then bam!! nothing for the last 8 or so that I ever played

After looking over that list, I'm reminded of the video game crash of '83. There's a lot of shit there. My how the mighty have fallen.

Wait, I'nm confused- is this for like, the rights to the game (so you could make more if your wanted), or just a product liquidatiion?

It's hard to tell whether it is for licenses or whatnot since, if it was, they shouldn't have listed all of the games they do not have licenses for any longer (see how they listed a lot of sports licenses in that manner at the bottom of the list). On the other hand, I heard that they were trying to sell off any remaining licenses they may have but, honestly, I think most of those have already been taken back by most of the original companies.

And to be fair, Acclaim was fairly strong back in the NES and SNES days with some of their titles. Once the PS1/Saturn era hit, however, the majority of their non-sports output was primarily garbage, save for their initial involvement with SHMUP ports for the Saturn and their porting of various Bust a Move titles. Otherwise, their IPs and their non-sports licenses...oh lord, horrible.

They had a nice office in Glen Cove, if I recall, though. Beautiful building. They also seemed to be pretty big about inviting gamers in and testing their games for them, which was nice. On one hand it paid a decent amount or you got free food/chances to play some up-and-coming titles, but on the other hand it seemed that any suggestions made about bugs and errors found never got fixed.

Back when the Acclaim liquidation started, I was like, seriously wanting to buy the rights to Destination Earthstar, one of my absolute favorite Acclaim games. But it wasn't on the auction block. I'm guessing that Gary Kitchen must personally own the rights to the game. Oh, well.

[quote name='Scorch']HEY!

I liked 18 Wheeler and Agressive Inline. And the wrestling games.[/QUOTE]

18 Wheeler was originally by Sega. They just published in on consoles. Same for Ferrari F355.

bread's done
Back