How Circuit City Ruined My Weekend - A long short story by billg

Status
Not open for further replies.
i haven't read all the posts but seriously... time costs money too. besides the thumb drives... margins are next to nothing in new software and hardware. we all hate retail but, you're trying to be the exception to standard practice. almost nobody gets any black friday deals of significance unless they are going door busters. this all seemed like a big waste of energy and i'm surprised this made it front page on cag.

[quote name='WhiteCastleRun']I'm not sure if this story is a joke or not.

If it isn't (which I would find hard to believe, but given other people in this thread and who I have met, it is a possibility), the wording probably said something like "All $9.99 PSP Movies B1G1" which would mean only the ones that were 9.99 in the first place. I'd have to see the ad of course. Then your complete dick attitude towards the employees...

I'll just say I'm glad I don't have to deal with people like that often.[/quote]

No, the exact wording was what I wrote in the thread and the Store Director just made an excuse of a misprint instead of honoring the price. There was another customer that walked out of the store agreeing with me on this. The thing is what I'm trying to tell the OP is that its against the law to advertise one price in your ad, and when you get there they try to sell you that item at a higher price.

It is not against the law to treat customers like shit. Circuit City was trying to Dick me around so the obviouse thing to do was be a Dick to them. Sure, the resolution could have come faster if I was more polite, but they where the ones that told me "No" and obvilousley I was in the right because I got the deal.

The whole idea is to stick up for whats right, and thats what the OP is trying to do, though he needs to take a step back and realize they did go out of there way to try to resolve the issue for him by giving him the comp price after the sale. The Attorney General's Office is not going to do anything about it.

[quote name='jza1218']Why not? When the lower levels of CS refuse to care/help they need to be spurred into action. And I've read enough consumerist to know it works when done right.[/QUOTE]

Come on. You really can't be serious. You've got peoples' names on there that don't handle issues like this, and you're suggesting contacting them?

None of it surprises me in the least. CC has really gone in the toilet. Locally, a few weeks ago they were heavily pushing get COD3 free when you bought COD4 in their ads. My local store never had any copies of COD3 to give with the purchases all week. Just another CC scam to get people in the door.....

[quote name='jza1218']Why not? When the lower levels of CS refuse to care/help they need to be spurred into action. And I've read enough consumerist to know it works when done right.[/quote]

Because it's not about if you CAN but if you SHOULD.

Don't cry wolf. :roll:

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Come on. You really can't be serious. You've got peoples' names on there that don't handle issues like this, and you're suggesting contacting them?[/QUOTE]

Again, if he feels he is in the right(and I think to an extent he is), and no one wants to help him, yes he should. Not because they will help him, but because it will force someone lower on the chain to act.

Check this story out: http://consumerist.com/consumer/suc...b-scores-direct-hit-on-time-warner-305264.php

[quote name='kulsechsky']Because it's not about if you CAN but if you SHOULD.

Don't cry wolf. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Again, in YOUR opinion. But there are quite a few people who think he was in the right and should have been treated better. He may not get what he wants(which to be honest, I dont know what he does want), but if he sees it to the end, at least there is that satisfaction.

I swear, some of you people are ridiculous. Its like no one should ever complain about anything. :roll:

[quote name='jza1218']I swear, some of you people are ridiculous. Its like no one should ever complain about anything. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't think you'd be referring to me in particular - I complain all of the time!

I decided long ago never to go to Circuit City again. There's so many reasons it's hard to remeber all of them. From the fake online deals to get people in the store (and then they don't know anything about them), to the promotions and coupons that aren't honored, to the rebates which somehow just dissapear into thin air. Add to that, they fired all their management-level people in order to pay less money to their employees (most of whom don't give a shit about customer service or Circuit City to begin with). And of course any customer service is non-existent. I realsied long ago that it's useless to try to get someone to speak to over the phone, assuming you can even get someone to pick up the phone in the first place, and online store availability is probably just a ploy to force you to go the store (wether they have the item or not). And who can forget that THEY TRIED TO FORCE CHEAPY TO GIVE UP THE IDENTITY OF SPEDDY1961! All I can say is f**k Circuit City! I 'd rather pay infinately more money to any other retailer than give them a dime.

holy crap, i feel for you. i've had similar incompentance at my local Gamestops mainly. my CCs tend to have employees who know nothing about the dept that they're in charge of so i haven't had that crap happen to me. i hope you were more angry with their bad customer service. sometimes being too nice doesn't work with those idiots.

who the fuck is this Nick? he should be fired for being so dumb! who leaves a customer to wait for them and then simply doesn't return to them? what a fucking jerk. you should go back and take a photo of that douche and post it here so we can throw pies at him.

[quote name='billg']Those e-mail address now block all incoming letters. Tried earlier.

And for the last time, I was not trying to get them PM a Black Friday price. The website showed the DS bundle in-stock, in the store, for $139.99, on SATURDAY. I was in the store on Saturday, and could have bought the item for that price, except Circuit City's mismanagement bungled the transaction, and it needed to be completed on Sunday. I simply want to have the item for the price it was at when it was in my hands that day, at point of sale. This is not unreasonable.[/quote]

but CC didnt stop you from buying it the first time, you *chose* not to. If you were insistant on using the coupon(which you weren't supposed to be able to use anyway), you could have chosen another $15 item you wanted for the time being instead of the flash drive. You're telling me theres no DVD, or CD, or cheap computer game you want, or that you could give as a gift? i'd find that really hard to believe.

i've had CC refuse to take my money lots of times

one time they asked me to leave and come back 30 minutes later to buy an $80 stack of 3.99/5.99 DVDs... b/c nobody was there who could turn on the registers

at the time there were about six or seven employees standing around looking bored.

this was about fifteen minutes after opening on a Sunday morning during a heavily advertised sale.

that place just makes no sense. i really do think they sit in the back and laugh while watching the security monitors.

i would.

... and even though OP COULD have purchased another $15 item... he TRIED TO CALL AND VERIFY before and they had the main line set to 'store closed' mode. if he had been able to find out that wasn't in stock this whole thing would have been avoided.. if a customer can't call to double check on stock and the web site has incorrect info, or at least different info from what's actually in the store then that's CC's fault - not the customer.

A: There is no such game as All-Pro Basketball 2K8. B: ALL of that could have been easily avoided if you had simply purchased another $15 item instead of the thumb drive. C: It is a very well known fact that Circuit City is shit at every level, so if you really expected decent customer service from them, that is your fault, not theirs. D: If you don't like them, don't shop there. Not giving them your money is the only thing that could possibly make a difference.

Billg,

I would love to sit here and say that maybe some of these other cag guys are rigth and you should have taken either offer even if you couldn't have used the coupon.

But then my guitar hero fiasco with barnes and noble from a few years back pops into my head. Their site said used game and guitar. Only the game came. I called B&N and they said it was gamestops problem as it shipped from them.

When I called GS they said it was B&N's problem and I told them no, I talked to them and they said it's all in your court. They offered to refund my money if I sent the game back. I told them no I want the game and my guitar, let me speak to the manager. she tells em she'll look into ti and she'll call em back by 5.

5 came and no call. In the mean time I had found out that a GS about 250 miles away had a used guitar so I called GS back and made them the offer of having that store ship me the used guitar. It was too far for me to drive and it's a measly $10 they would be losing.

She told me she'd check it out and call me back. Well she never called me back. I reached her again and she said it wasn't possible because the on-lien store and the real store are completely different and don't work together.

I said I don't care, give me what I paid for. She told em she would look into it. She never called back, every time I called I was told she was in a meeting, not there or whatever else.

I became rather irate but what else could I do. I wanted the item that was sold to me. To make my long winded story slightly shorter she finally gave up and told me to mail back the game and she would send me a brand new guitar hero w/ guitar. I told her I didn't trust her so I wanted proof so she emailed me a receipt for the new one. Mailed the used one and within a week or so had a new one in my hands.

You might be able to pull that topic up in the dead area if it's still around.

Either way I say go for what you think you deserve. Also, the employees sounded rude and you should never be hung up on.

For the people who say he shouldn't have walked away, every time I'm in Best Buy for a new game and it isn't on the shelves, I ask for it, they tell me it's in the back and then they find me in the store. That's how it should be.

I feel for the OP - but honestly - I've had nothing but good experiences with CC - though they're a bit messy at times - I've always been treated well and gotten the deals that I've wanted - w/ PM's even. In fact, PM's at CC have usually be easier than BB..

*shrug* must be the particular stores I frequent (Chicago and Las Vegas)

I had a problem with CC on Saturday. My problem isn't as big as yours, but it still pissed me off.

I rarely go into CC anymore, but I was in the area and I knew about their Live Free or Die Hard DVD 14.99 sale . I stopped in to grab a copy of the movie. It was listed as 19.99 on the shelf, but the ad listed the movie as 14.99. I took the movie up to the counter, and the female employee (looked about 17 years old) rang me up. The total came up to 21 something. I said to her "um isn't this DVD suppose to be 15 dollars?". "I'll fix that real fast", she replied, and gave me a 5 dollar refund. The funny thing about it is that she didn't even question me or check the ad to confirm this, like she KNEW the movie was on sale, but didn't want to give me the sale price unless I said something. That's pretty shady.

Sounds like you had a bad day and wasted your time.... all that time anid headache is not worth the money you would have saved. Next time work on thanksgiving, get paid some OT and then go buy it another day. You chose to waste your time, they didnt have the product, go home and deal with it.

[quote name='uricmu']Their coupons never work for video game hardware though...[/QUOTE]

the $40 off $200 worked when i tried it a few years ago.

On topic, i think BF is a free for all, OP would have been better off buying something other than the purple or black memory sticks.

THe think about the only one color being on sale and the other not being on sale doesnt surprise me in the least, sheesh just buy some other item ($15 smallville seasons or some other doorbuster dvd set)

and coming back the next day is almost never worth the hassle, usually you wont be dealing with the same employee, you have to try to explain what happened the day before and befuddle them further.

On BF, go in, buy your loss leaders, and if you have a kickass coupon on top of that, then use it. Yeah they were dicks, but you could have played that much differently to avoid all the hassle. Just buy something else instead of the purple memory stick and use your coupon and leave.

I mean, its black friday, why give the employees more grief, i mean they have to work on BF which really sucks already.

[quote name='pman28']You are the customer from HELL.[/QUOTE]
For asking to Circuit City to be competent, provide what they offered him in the first place, and perhaps compensate him for wasting his time? Your attitude is the problem, not his.

Maybe if he'd just gone out unprepared, I'd see your side of the argument. He didn't. He checked inventory on-line, and even tried to call to verify. He did his part, CC dropped the ball. If you really think he's "the customer from HELL", please point out EXACTLY where he's being unreasonable?

i had a similar experience with dvdrs that were on sale, and instock (according to the website) that day i ended up buying them from bestbuy, but i sent an email thru their website..

8 months later i got a automated reply saying they got my email and i would be contacted in 1-2days... im still waiting for that reply...

[quote name='rodeojones903']You can not expect employees getting paid as little as they do to "bend over backwards" for you on black friday. Maybe where you live there is little traffic, but here there are over 1000 people lined up at Best Buy before they open and are packed full all day. Employees just do not have the time. The OP was asking for stuff above and beyond what is allowed on black friday, He wanted the DS for the sale price after the sale was over, and a substitution on a product that is out of stock which is not allowed either. Black Friday sales are first come first serve.

If you want to sleep in and come to the store later, be prepared for items to be out of stock or no longer on sale.[/QUOTE]

DingDingDing

the more i think about it, the more i realize the OP is just a whiner. If i was working at that store, i would hate dealing with customers like him and somehow i imagine he is painting a very different picture of what happened from how the employees remember it. OP feels entitled to get what he wants on BF, and that is a really shitty attitude to have in general, and especially on BF.

[quote name='Revenantae']For asking to Circuit City to be competent, provide what they offered him in the first place, and perhaps compensate him for wasting his time? Your attitude is the problem, not his.

Maybe if he'd just gone out unprepared, I'd see your side of the argument. He didn't. He checked inventory on-line, and even tried to call to verify.[/quote]

he tried to call them on BLACK FRIDAY. What the fuck. And he even was getting pissed that he couldnt get though on the phone on BF until calling 5 or 6 times. He was more than likely more rude than the customer service reps.

He did his part, CC dropped the ball. If you really think he's "the customer from HELL", please point out EXACTLY where he's being unreasonable?

you have to be kidding. he was unreasonable throughout the story, but it sounds like he paints a different picture

I don't know if you guys have been customer service reps before, but I have and you NEVER hang up on a customer unless they start to say abusive language to you. So unless OP was swearing at the CSRs on the phone, I don't think they should have hung up on him.

[quote name='Dragon_Master']I had a horrible time with CC on black friday. i waited in line at 9:45 at night on thursday I was like the 40th person in line. When the store opened I was inside in less than a minute everyone else headed towards the HDTV's and Laptops I went for the games I got there with only one other person over there I asked the stores clerk if they had any copies of Super Mario Galaxy in she told me no. I asked why they were out? They had been only open for a 1 minute she said that they only had 2 copies in the whole store and they sold out so I questioned why they only had 2 copes in she said thats just how it is. So I ended up leaving with out Super Mario Galaxy. I came back the next day and they had 12 copies in I asked them to ring it up and they told me it was $50 that the $35 was only a 5 hour sale for Friday I said but you only had 2 copies in yesterday and they told me there was nothing they could do so I ended up leaving empty handed again. Man I dont know if I will ever shop at CC again.[/quote] Well duh, the whole start waiting in line on Thursday to buy stuff on Black Friday is an obscene marketing gimmick. I learned the hard way by parcipating last year. I stood in line from 9 hours and walked away empty handed. The worst part was all the people cutting in line. When I got there there I was 40th in line or so. By the time the store opened there must have been 150 some people ahead of me. WTF? I could maybe understand waiting in line for a day to save a couple hundred dollars because I don't make $100 a day, but for $15 saving on a video game? What are you stupid? You could have made $45 in 6 hours working in fast food. (In California) Don't you value your time more than $2.50/hr?

Standing in line on Thursday is a scam pure and simple. They deliberatly sell items way under cost to a small minority of customers, so they will stupidly stand in line all day. That way they legitimize the craziness of Black Friday. When sane minded people walk by or see people standing in line on tv, they think, "Oh wow there must be some good deals if people are willing to go through all that." The retailers use stupid people that wait all day in line as their pawns for their hype machine.

I'm never standing in line for Black Friday again.

[quote name='dracula']he tried to call them on BLACK FRIDAY. What the fuck. And he even was getting pissed that he couldnt get though on the phone on BF until calling 5 or 6 times. He was more than likely more rude than the customer service reps.

you have to be kidding. he was unreasonable throughout the story, but it soundls like he painds a different picture[/quote]

Don't forget that their IN-STORE inventory was also showing 6 in stock when they magically disappeared. And he also said that the bundles were still online for the sale price on Saturday. So yes, the OP did get screwed. And not willing to remedy the situation after several phone calls (a $10 gift card, WTF) is telling of what kind of organization this is. Black Friday or not (he also went in Saturday), he was not in the wrong.

I have my own story which happened yesterday at Sears on cyber Monday. All appliances were 10% off online, but if you wanted to buy in store, they let you print out a 10% off coupon. Turns out the prices in store were higher than online.Wanted to buy my grandma a dryer, went in, chatted with the associate. Decided I wanted to purchase, asked about the sale price online which she said she would match. Then I broke out the 10% off coupon and she said, not both - online price OR coupon and the deals could not be combined - EVEN ONLINE. Didn't feel like arguing, so I just came home and ordered online. Miraculously, the coupon stacks on top of the sale price (shocker). Apparently, the associate wasn't informed that this was a combined deal and SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. At any rate, OP has a bigger problem so good luck!

Whatever happened to satisfaction guaranteed or the customer is "always" right?

Don't lose all faith in Black Friday. The store you should be waiting at is Fry's Electronics because they bring out a large stock of each item on BF.

wow OP, you should become a writer
probably one of the best written posts i've ever read on a forum actually

anyways, good luck with the ordeal
i understand 100% why you are going through with this
it's not the $80 discount, it's so that you can be treated right as a consumer

billg, you are a true CAG :)

[quote name='dracula']he tried to call them on BLACK FRIDAY. What the fuck. And he even was getting pissed that he couldnt get though on the phone on BF until calling 5 or 6 times. He was more than likely more rude than the customer service reps.[/QUOTE]
Yes, of course phones should be down on BLACK FRIDAY!!! And of course you shouldn't expect them to be answered if they WERE on. And it's WAY beyond the pale to expect a store to properly staff for THE BUSIEST DAY OF THE fuck ING YEAR.

[quote name='dracula']you have to be kidding. he was unreasonable throughout the story, but it sounds like he paints a different picture[/QUOTE]
As I said, please point it out? Which part? Let's look at the OUTRAGEOUS demands made.

1: Expect CC's telephone system to properly reflect that the store is open?
2: Expect that a stores inventory system is accurate?
3: Expect store employees to know where their own inventory is located?
4: Expect that a manager would assist the customer by price matching a similar item when an in-stock item simply can't be found by the employees?
5: Expecting a manager to actually follow up on something he agreed to do?
6: Expecting customer service to provide.... wait for it.... CUSTOMER SERVICE?
7: When being told you need to contact someone, expecting to actually be provided with a method to do so?
8: Requesting to speak to a superior when an employee is either unable, or unwilling to address a problem?

Seriously, you scare me a bit with your picture of the world. Employees are there for no other reason than to help the customer. Seriously, NO OTHER REASON. The customer is not an interruption of someone's job, they are the PURPOSE of it.

[quote name='dracula']he tried to call them on BLACK FRIDAY. What the fuck. And he even was getting pissed that he couldnt get though on the phone on BF until calling 5 or 6 times. He was more than likely more rude than the customer service reps.[/QUOTE]
Yes, of course phones should be down on BLACK FRIDAY!!! And of course you shouldn't expect them to be answered if they WERE on. And it's WAY beyond the pale to expect a store to properly staff for THE BUSIEST DAY OF THE fuck ING YEAR.

[quote name='dracula']you have to be kidding. he was unreasonable throughout the story, but it sounds like he paints a different picture[/QUOTE]
As I said, please point it out? Which part? Let's look at the OUTRAGEOUS demands made.

4: Expect that a manager would assist the customer by price matching a similar item when an in-stock item simply can't be found by the employees?
7: When being told you need to contact someone, expecting to actually be provided with a method to do so?
8: Requesting to speak to a superior when an employee is either unable, or unwilling to address a problem?

Seriously, you scare me a bit with your picture of the world. Employees are there for no other reason than to help the customer. Seriously, NO OTHER REASON. The customer is not an interruption of someone's job, they are the PURPOSE of it.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']Whatever happened to satisfaction guaranteed or the customer is "always" right?[/QUOTE]

It probably went away when the customer became a flaming asshole.

[quote name='jol20']I don't know if you guys have been customer service reps before, but I have and you NEVER hang up on a customer unless they start to say abusive language to you. So unless OP was swearing at the CSRs on the phone, I don't think they should have hung up on him.[/QUOTE]

none of the phone reps hung up on him. They put him on hold, and he hung up and called back, and rather than be put on hold again, he said he didnt want to be put on hold again and wanted to speak to lawrence.

Like i said, the OP played this entirely the wrong way. Simply buy something other than the purple thumb drive and the problem is solved. Instead he comes back the next day to try to get the purple thumb drive, the one that isnt on sale(yeah i understand that the only difference is the color, but obviously they had a different SKU number, which meant they werent on sale).

It is this kind of sense of entitlement that makes me lose any empathy for the OP.

[quote name='billg']Realizing [...] After another request to speak to her supervisor, Britney stated that we had nothing further to discuss and hung up on me.[/QUOTE]

OP said that CSR hung up on him.

I quit shopping at CC after my NCAA 2008 disaster this year.

I went to CC on release day to get NCAA2008 and looked around to find no copies anywhere. I then proceeded to wait 10 minutes for one of the employees to help me.
He went in back and 10 minutes later came back with a copy. But I had to pay for it at the Customer Service counter because the deal included a $10 gift card. 10 minutes later I am still in line which hadn't moved at all.

30 minutes of my lunch wasted and I left.

30 minutes to try to buy an off the shelf item nothing fancy, in the middle of the day with maybe 10 customers in the store with 5 of them in line.

Its no wondering CC is going bankrupt.

[quote name='jza1218']
I swear, some of you people are ridiculous. Its like no one should ever complain about anything. :roll:[/quote]

Well, to complain about a DEAL seems a little ridiculous.

He got the thumb drive for $15, then he tried to get the DS for a deal, THEN he was going to use a $40 off coupon. Pushing our luck aren't we?

Pretty sure that $40 off coupon says it's not valid with other offers.

I swear, some of you people are ridiculous. It's like everyone should just give you stuff for free. :roll:

[quote name='dracula']
It is this kind of sense of entitlement that makes me lose any empathy for the OP.[/QUOTE]

Bang on target

The fact this made the front page makes me think less of Cheapy

[quote name='dracula']
It is this kind of sense of entitlement that makes me lose any empathy for the OP.[/quote]

Amen brother, guy sounds like a spoiled brat to me.

Circuit City has aweful customer service and I have had nothing but problems with them. They have better prices than best buy, but whats the point if the customer service is so bad that you cant buy the item. But then again that's what you'd expect from a company that recently laid off veteran employees and publicly stated that "todays customers are used to bad customer service." GO TO HELL CIRCUIT CITY, AND THE NEXT TIME I'LL BE IN ANY OF YOUR STORES IS FOR YOUR GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE! PRICKS!

[quote name='Revenantae']Yes, of course phones should be down on BLACK FRIDAY!!! And of course you shouldn't expect them to be answered if they WERE on. [/quote]

IF you get through you should expect to be put on hold. I dont understand, you think that when the OP got through, he should not have to be put on hold and should get to jump to the front of the line? That is called being an asshole customer.

And it's WAY beyond the pale to expect a store to properly staff for THE BUSIEST DAY OF THE fuck ING YEAR.

You should expect a retail store like BB/CC/Frys etc to be staffed with seasonals who are not trained. so yeah i think it is pretty unreasonable to expect to be properly staffed on BF. I shop every year on BF, unless i have to work, and every year none of the stores are adequately staffed. Such is the nature of BF.

it is BF weekend of course they are open, if he was able to get through and get someone to check inventory, that would have been awesome but he shouldnt be too disappointed if he cant get through. That the phone lines are down entirely is pretty strange. but again, by this point I totally doubt the accuracy of the OP's story.

Most stores screw this up(gamestop/EB is notorious for this). IF it is accurate, then great, but on BF weekend I am not not shocked if they are wrong, even if its not BF weekend i am not shocked when they are wrong.

IF they are seasonals with next to no training(and as such being paid minimum wage or close to it), i wouldnt expect them to be able to find the thumb

like i said, the other color didnt have the same sku, and the manager didnt have to do anything of the sort, especially if the customer is an asshole

generally, if the customer is reasonable, i would expect a manager to be reasonable. By this point i am seriously doubting the accuracy of the OP's story

again, i think the OP went about this the wrong way, he could have simply waited his turn instead of hangning up and calling back and then asking to jump the line.

If you are talking about when he came back the next day and tim was on lunch, you mean that tim was supposed to not go on lunch?

he got to tim? yeah he had to go through nick and brian.

i am not trying to scare you with my picture of the retail world, but again, i am really doubting the accuracy of what the OP is saying here. Have you ever even worked retail for a day in your life?

[quote name='Dragon_Master']I had a horrible time with CC on black friday. i waited in line at 9:45 at night on thursday I was like the 40th person in line. When the store opened I was inside in less than a minute everyone else headed towards the HDTV's and Laptops I went for the games I got there with only one other person over there I asked the stores clerk if they had any copies of Super Mario Galaxy in she told me no. I asked why they were out? They had been only open for a 1 minute she said that they only had 2 copies in the whole store and they sold out so I questioned why they only had 2 copes in she said thats just how it is. So I ended up leaving with out Super Mario Galaxy. I came back the next day and they had 12 copies in I asked them to ring it up and they told me it was $50 that the $35 was only a 5 hour sale for Friday I said but you only had 2 copies in yesterday and they told me there was nothing they could do so I ended up leaving empty handed again. Man I dont know if I will ever shop at CC again.[/QUOTE]

this is indeed a legit gripe. But you seriously got in line at 9:45pm on thursday night, and stayed all night, and then when the store opens, instead of heading for a crazy cheap plazma tv, or a mad cheap laptop, you opt to head for the games section to try to get a game that is $15 off!?!?!?!?!!?!?

so rather than sleep, you camp out- and not to get a tv or laptop, but to head for the games section!? THIS is an example of a legitimate beef, they usually say "minimun 4 per store" in the fine print, and if they didnt, then that is pretty shady. But come on, you camp out to save $15 on a game? and ignore the doorbuster laptops and tvs?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??

I know we're all here to read your story, but I can't stop myself from bitching here. I called them up and asked about the 'buy 2 get 1 Bluray' deal. They told me it was all titles. Okay, great.

The next day I take the 25 minute drive to CC, get my titles, and head to checkout. Upon ringing everything up I suddenly find out that it's only the LISTED titles. Uh, excuse me? Does it not say, right here, clear as fucking day 'Bluray Disc, Buy 2 get 1 free'? You see this fine print down here, stating the restrictions of the sale? Does ANY OF IT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT SELECT TITLES?!

Okay, how about that phone call I made, the one where they confirmed it was all titles? Oh.... I see.... so that phone call means jack shit because I didn't get the name of the person who told me that? Yeah, had I known this was going to be a fucking hassle I wouldn't have tried to save you guys time by making the call quick and not asking too many questions.

They gave me a phone number to call which put me on the line for 30 minutes with some random bitch that didn't know jack fucking shit about anything going on in the store. The bitch of it is that a Best Buy finally went in across the street, so there's no reason for me to ever set foot in that place again.

fuckING CUNTS!

[quote name='jol20']OP said that CSR hung up on him.[/QUOTE]

the CSR offered him a $10 gift card, then OP says this is inadequate. Then she went to check if she could do anything else, but apparently that was it.

I probably would have offered another $40 off of $200, because that is a kickass coupon, but by this point if the OP is saying he doesnt want a giftcard, and only wants ALL of the sale items(some loss leaders) i guess she could have coughed up 2 of the $10 gift cards, but at this point the OP sounds pretty unreasonable.

If people want to rag on the OP, please carry on.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']PS3-Circuit City-CAG fiasco[/QUOTE]

how can you relate THIS to the CC/Speedy Fiasco?

lets see

CC wanted to get Speedy's real life information so they can sue him because he posted the heads up about the PS3 price drop a bit earlier then Sony wanted the public to know about.

Vs

Someone who is bitching that he couldn't get a video game deal and thumb drive during the BF weekend deal. He's calling CS left and right and no one is helping him much.

so how can these two diffrent events even relate to be mentioned like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back