How Circuit City Ruined My Weekend - A long short story by billg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that perhaps CC isn't completely wrong for not offering the DS bundle discount, you think they would suck it up and give the discount anyways coinsidering how pissed the guy is.

I mean is the $30 or $40 discount they're saving by not discounting this stuff really worth the now thousands of people questioning their cusomer service policies?

I don't understand why people ask why a certain item is out of stock especially on black Friday... Uhh you retard lets see because its the busiest retail day in the country.

Most of you guys need to stop whining because they only get 2 copies or w/e. Just go to gamestop next ime there is a new Pokemon game...

God seriously i understand this network is to help everyone find the best deal but complaining about an entire store because there are no extra copies of a game or because there system was down is ridiculous.

It makes me wonder if everyone here is 12. Anyone who has ever worked retail understands that anything can go wrong and the associates can only do so much. So stop crying when you don't get what you want....

[quote name='dracula']IF you get through you should expect to be put on hold. I dont understand, you think that when the OP got through, he should not have to be put on hold and should get to jump to the front of the line? That is called being an asshole customer.[/QUOTE]
Read the story again. Phone system said they were closed... he never got a person on the day in question.

[quote name='dracula']You should expect a retail store like BB/CC/Frys etc to be staffed with seasonals who are not trained. so yeah i think it is pretty unreasonable to expect to be properly staffed on BF. I shop every year on BF, unless i have to work, and every year none of the stores are adequately staffed. Such is the nature of BF.[/QUOTE]
Seasonals, AND all regular employees. Not hard to ask for help.

[quote name='dracula']it is BF weekend of course they are open, if he was able to get through and get someone to check inventory, that would have been awesome but he shouldnt be too disappointed if he cant get through. That the phone lines are down entirely is pretty strange. but again, by this point I totally doubt the accuracy of the OP's story.
[/QUOTE]
He couldn't get through because the phone system said they were closed. Interesting that with no evidence at all, you jump to the conclusion the customer is lying....

[quote name='dracula'] Most stores screw this up(gamestop/EB is notorious for this). IF it is accurate, then great, but on BF weekend I am not not shocked if they are wrong, even if its not BF weekend i am not shocked when they are wrong.[/QUOTE]
To some extent, yes. If a SKU shows up with 1 OH, I'd write it off.... not 6.

[quote name='dracula'] IF they are seasonals with next to no training(and as such being paid minimum wage or close to it), i wouldnt expect them to be able to find the thumb [/QUOTE]
Again, the regulars are there too.

[quote name='dracula'] like i said, the other color didnt have the same sku, and the manager didnt have to do anything of the sort, especially if the customer is an asshole[/QUOTE]
Have to? No. Would I? Would I expect a resonable manager to? Yes. Again, you're assuming a lot about the customer here.

[quote name='dracula']
generally, if the customer is reasonable, i would expect a manager to be reasonable. By this point i am seriously doubting the accuracy of the OP's story

again, i think the OP went about this the wrong way, he could have simply waited his turn instead of hangning up and calling back and then asking to jump the line.[/QUOTE]
First, you continue your line of making the assumption the customer is lying. Second, there is a difference between being put on hold, and having the phone picked up, and then being left in silence.

[quote name='dracula'] If you are talking about when he came back the next day and tim was on lunch, you mean that tim was supposed to not go on lunch?[/QUOTE]
No, I'm not.

[quote name='dracula']
i am not trying to scare you with my picture of the retail world, but again, i am really doubting the accuracy of what the OP is saying here. Have you ever even worked retail for a day in your life? [/QUOTE]
For a very long time. More than 9 BF's under my belt, and 7 of them AT a CC (course that was back when you still got paid commission, and it was reasonable to expect an employee to not simply be a register biscuit).

I understand you may doubt the customer's story, but not one of your positions are reasonable WITHOUT the built in assumption that the OP was a raging arse-hole. I've seen such things too often when I was on EITHER side of the counter, and there is at least as much chance that the OP's story is legit.

Store 700. Cottman Avenue in beautiful Northeast Philadelphia. They should have shut down that store years ago..

I'd just like to state that people go through this sort of nonsense daily. The customer is wrong bitch, end of story. However if you like this concept then retail is for you ( I teach, so shhh).

[quote name='level1online']Agreed!

Also... who really wants to pay sales taxes anyways?[/QUOTE]

Anyone who wishes to follow the law. If your state has a sales tax YOU are required to pay it even if the merchant is online or in a catalog. When you file your state income taxes (not sure how states that don't have personal income taxes handle this) you need to submit the amount of sales tax you would have paid in store. Not doing so leaves you open to audit and fines as well as back taxes. Think states can't go after you? Spend a few minutes on Google searching for articles on cigarette taxes and online purchases.

The Tampa Stadium location, had a similar problem, it was for a vonage $200 instant gift card, to make a Laptop $50 out the door. 10 days later, 6 trips to CC, numerous calls to a MANAGER SHOCKING that worked in FIREDOG named BRIAN, I finally got it all taken care of, and instead of the cheap laptop, that was $350, I got the $750 laptop for that same price. Was a long drawn out process, but it was worth getting a $750 laptop for $50 out the door!!

I can say as someone who worked retail for over ten years, I'd expect to get in serious trouble over what happened because I couldn't apparently communicate with the customer better that your average second-grader.

This all could have been avoided by concise and reasonable communication by the employee. Let's explore the following scenarios:

'That's what you get for not being in the right place.'
vs
'Hey, didn't realize you followed me back. No wonder I didn't see you.'

'I'm not going to price adjust this.
vs
'These are charity pieces, parts of the purchase go towards Alzheimers. I couldn't in good concience discount these. Can I see if I have something similar, or offer a rain check for your inconvienence?'

'I'm not going to give out the DM information. I'll just waste more of our time by arguing about it.'
vs
'Here's the DM's info. I'm sorry you feel the need to escalate it further.'

'That price ended at 11am. I don't care if the website has it.'
vs
'The store and website are different entities. While the website still has it for sale at that price, I'm afraid I'm not allowed to match it. Please take any concerns you have over store v website up with our corporate office.'

You're right: it's exceedingly hard to know how to be polite and reasonable with customers.

[quote name='goldagainstthesoul']This is what is known as a nightmare customer in the retail business, youve all seen them before, making a huge fuss over little things. Is the money you wouldve saved worth all the effort, obviously not. If you dont like the way they do business the best way to deal with it is to give your business elsewhere, plain and simple.

Sorry if that sounds rude but those people annoy the _____ outta me.[/QUOTE]

Better to be a sheep and let people run over you?

ok

This is what I think will happen.

1. CC continues to him the run around until he finally gives up and we get a closure to this thread.

2. The OP continues to write to other consumer type web sites trying to gain people to support him so that CC will finally notice him...but in the end do squat.

3. Some random idiot at CC HQ gives in and either gives him a gift card for the price diffrence or , depending on how retarded the person is at CC, SENDS HIM THE ITEMS FOR FREE.

If number 3 happends, you know what kind of flood gate that will open up for everyone reading this thread? That means everyone will call CC HQ, claim a similar *sad* story and try to exploit it to get a free DS package.

btw, as for the charity part... don't you need like a letter from the originization saying that your buying this for charity? If he had one, and they verified it... the store can take off tax or if they were nice enough, even *donate* and make it as a tax write off. However due to the Black Friday part, they might not want to do this as there supplies are limited. If you were to do it on another day...then maybe.

is there an update somewhere in the 16 pages? If so, can we edit the first post so i can read it. I want to know what he gets cause I'm sure he gets something.

I would have done the same thing. You are my hero. I applaud your efforts and hope you receive the items you worked so hard to get at the prices you deserve.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I can say as someone who worked retail for over ten years, I'd expect to get in serious trouble over what happened because I couldn't apparently communicate with the customer better that your average second-grader.

This all could have been avoided by concise and reasonable communication by the employee. Let's explore the following scenarios:

'That's what you get for not being in the right place.'
vs
'Hey, didn't realize you followed me back. No wonder I didn't see you.'

'I'm not going to price adjust this.
vs
'These are charity pieces, parts of the purchase go towards Alzheimers. I couldn't in good concience discount these. Can I see if I have something similar, or offer a rain check for your inconvienence?'

'I'm not going to give out the DM information. I'll just waste more of our time by arguing about it.'
vs
'Here's the DM's info. I'm sorry you feel the need to escalate it further.'

'That price ended at 11am. I don't care if the website has it.'
vs
'The store and website are different entities. While the website still has it for sale at that price, I'm afraid I'm not allowed to match it. Please take any concerns you have over store v website up with our corporate office.'

You're right: it's exceedingly hard to know how to be polite and reasonable with customers.[/quote]
Agreed. I don't know how this all went down, but that is a shitty attitude to have towards a customer.

The point I can't get over is the OP said to the one manager he was there the day prior and the guy said he talked to the wrong manager. If he had talked to the correct one, he would have been offered a replacement. WHAT?!! So OP goes back and says this was everything I wanted in my transaction and the manager says, oh, well you missed the sale?!! He just confirmed to him that he was there the day prior. Honor it, especially since he just said, if you had talked to me...

Who cares if they are "loss leaders"? The consumer didn't price the item, the corporation did. If somebody comes in and buys ONLY something on sale, they are bad consumers? That's an illogical argument to me. Especially on a site called Cheap Ass Gamer where everyone on here is looking for deals.

Bottom line, that $60 or so difference they could have given to the OP would not hurt them that much. Seriously... Especially since he has proven that he is willing to go up the chain of command. Just give him what he wants and make him happy. Now, it's a BBB issue, OP will probably never shop there again and is also influencing others to not shop there. Now, is it really worth $60 just to be "right"?

[quote name='kklems']Better to be a sheep and let people run over you?[/QUOTE]

Haha, I have no problem being a nightmare customer when I'm shopping in the store from Hell ;-D. Better to be ram than a sheep any day!

I think it's a great thread. CC has been this way for years in my area. It's always made me wonder how the hell they stay in business.

Firedog department, Circuit City's tech unit whose name means absolutely nothing, and was clearly chosen just because the domain name was available.

That is f'n hillarious.. :bouncy:

i could sorta agree to the fact that the op was a day late for the zelda bundle even if the website stated that it was $10 cheaper. but you still cant blame a guy to complain about their service and lack of support of the matter. i too would have done the same thing except give them my money.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']I'd just like to state that people go through this sort of nonsense daily. The customer is wrong bitch, end of story. However if you like this concept then retail is for you ( I teach, so shhh).[/quote]
[quote name='goldagainstthesoul']
This is what is known as a nightmare customer in the retail business, youve all seen them before, making a huge fuss over little things. Is the money you wouldve saved worth all the effort, obviously not. If you dont like the way they do business the best way to deal with it is to give your business elsewhere, plain and simple.

Sorry if that sounds rude but those people annoy the _____ outta me.

[/quote] do you guys work in retail and treat customers like shit? or did you ever forget the time when customers should be treated like clients instead of peasants. after all, their money is what ends up in their paycheck. so don't you think they should at least give this guy the benefit of the doubt instead of just blatantly saying "tough luck, too bad we can't help you and no we wont give you any info or any numbers so just go to hell".

and its not just about the "if you don't like this store, then why shop there or do your business elsewhere", its more than that. its these type of post that helps other consumer realize how a store or corporation runs their business. if they did this to him, they have the power to do it again, and again, and again. it won't stop until someone puts an end to it.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']is there an update somewhere in the 16 pages? If so, can we edit the first post so i can read it. I want to know what he gets cause I'm sure he gets something.[/quote]

16 pages? Damn, how many posts do you have per page in your forum options page? I have mine set to 50 per page, so it's only 7 pages or so for me.

Circuit City sucks worst customer service in the world. The employees have the IQ of a chimp. The NEVER put out the game on release date and wait a week. Lazy, stupid employees that LIE. I would go into a rant about a Guitar Hero deal but lets say it involved swearing and employers lying in front of my face.

I refuse to go to Circuit City for anything. Lazy bums.

I used to work at CC from august 06 or may 07. Things were much easier back then. I had a great district manager and store manager. Resolutions were fixed on the spot. I went in recently to get a credit card to buy a tv and take advantage of their no interest financing. I got denied after 30 minutes of waiting and another 10 minute phone call.When i did credit cards for people it took a mere 5 minutes to put in the info and another 5 minutes to get it printed and signed and then another 5 minutse to get an approval. Customer service training and or employee training has gone down the drain. I got approived 5000$ from Apple within 5 minutes of doing my application in store and i get denied after waiting 40 minutes? Circuit city is half not even half the store Apple will ever be. Screw CC, their customer service is terrible now. I perfer best buy even if its an extra 5 miles out of my way. Plus i get some money back when i buy some big purchases.

Sorry for your inconvience man, Ive helped many customers like you but got problems solved within 10 minutes. They are clearly wrong.
Good Luck

Whenever I hear the name "Circuit City" I almost snap into a blinding rage. I was part of Circuit City's first Lay off that happened in March. I had been working with the company for almost 4 years. I knew how to do basically almost anything in the store. But besides the point of the company hiring 4 random people from the streets to replace, that didnt last longer than a month. Circuit City has lost all forms of Customer Service, The whole situation with the overpriced Thumbdrive could have been fixed the first time you came into the store. The first gentleman that came out to assist was a supervisor, he is basically the managers bitch, still making a lowly hourly pay rate. The Supervisor could have contacted the manager and had the price over-ridden almost instantly, but no...he instead made you wait and it took several days for you to get the product that you had been waiting for. I will never shop at a Circuit City again, I do not agree with the company policy and the level of professionalism that is offered now. Oh one more thing...if there are anyother former C-City workers who were layed off, did you recieve a letter in the mail from CC informing you that "You always have a job opening at any Crcuit City, we have made changes for the better" I actually believe they suck..and want the good workers back, the people who gave the company a "decent name". I took this as a complete slap in the face. Shop Elsewhere....

I've worked in retail for over 10 years now and must say WOW!!!.

I did have a similar sittuation a while back with a CC Manager. I tried to price match a DVD box set and did not have the ad but did have a receipt from the other store which was a few blocks down the street. The manager did not want to do the price match. I went back irritated with the ad but the guy still did not want to do it. He even stated that if he price matched it, it would cut into his monthly manager bonus. At least he was honest. My end result was at least a store manager that did everything to ensure I was happy.

This story just keeps on piling on for me. Shopping at CC is just not a desireable sittuation as a consumer.

[quote name='kulsechsky']Well, to complain about a DEAL seems a little ridiculous.

He got the thumb drive for $15, then he tried to get the DS for a deal, THEN he was going to use a $40 off coupon. Pushing our luck aren't we?

Pretty sure that $40 off coupon says it's not valid with other offers.

I swear, some of you people are ridiculous. It's like everyone should just give you stuff for free. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, god forbid he gets the item for the price that the CC website mentioned. And considering the hassle he had to go through for the thumb drive, yeah the least they could do was price change another one.

But I agree about the coupon, its not supposed to work in a case like that, thats pushing it.

[quote name='drsuper23']The manager did not want to do the price match. I went back irritated with the ad but the guy still did not want to do it. He even stated that if he price matched it, it would cut into his monthly manager bonus. At least he was honest. My end result was at least a store manager that did everything to ensure I was happy.[/quote] i would die in laughter if i was the one talking to this manager.

So let's get this straight. circuit city sent you a coupon that clearly stated, "regularly-priced items." you did not take the time to read this. This whole incident is clearly caused by you. From what I have read the employees spent way too much of their time looking for an item that didn't even qualify.
You need to get out in the cold and drive down to circuit city and apologize for your mistakes. You have wasted their time, my time, and everyone else's time. I hope you are real happy with yourself.
I took the time to read your post thinking that you were wronged. But in the end, it reinforced just how lousy some customers are.

Waiting on that apology.

-Off topic, where is all the press when Circuit City is REHIRING the associates they layed off?

[quote name='ohiost1']So let's get this straight. circuit city sent you a coupon that clearly stated, "regularly-priced items." you did not take the time to read this. This whole incident is clearly caused by you. From what I have read the employees spent way too much of their time looking for an item that didn't even qualify.
You need to get out in the cold and drive down to circuit city and apologize for your mistakes. You have wasted their time, my time, and everyone else's time. I hope you are real happy with yourself.
I took the time to read your post thinking that you were wronged. But in the end, it reinforced just how lousy some customers are.

Waiting on that apology.

-Off topic, where is all the press when Circuit City is REHIRING the associates they layed off?[/quote]

I've read that post about 3 times now and I don't even think he got to even pulling the coupon out of his pocket. If I'm wrong, then please correct me. I know he wanted to use the coupon (which has worked for sale items on many occasions), but I don't think the actual coupon not ringing up at the register is the issue here.

Man, OP... you have my sympathy!! -Where is store 700??? When I was stuck in hell, ur, the bay area, almost NONE of the stores in the east bay would EVER answer their phones. You'd go through all of the menus and it would just ring forever... and I mean forever. They must have had the ringer off, because I know I would have annoyed them to the point of answering the damn phone had it been turned on.

And the corporate numbers - ugh. Call centers are the worst... the people who answer get in trouble for escalating calls and are supposed to keep calls down to a certain amont of time. Not to mention all the outsourcing and not being able to understand people... or if you do get someone here in the country that you do understand, half the time they're just plain stupid and don't know what they're talking about...

I just wonder when all of this is going to come back and bite corporations in the arse. Look at Amazon... great prices, and I've always had great customer service - any time I email with a problem, they are falling all over me to try and make it right... they're so apologetic, it makes me feel guilty... Compare that to experiences like this - with great deals occassionally, and a horrible experience for the customer - eventually it has to catch up with them.

OP, I'd send your very entertaining and well written story in to your local paper... maybe they'd publish it and you'd see some real reaction from the community surrounding store 700, whever it may be... You need to hit them where it hurts, which is locally.

Why don't you just do it the CAG way and leave the first time when you see they don't have that thumb drive? I like how your complaining about poor customer service but on the other hand you can just look for other options or just leave.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I had a problem with CC on Saturday. My problem isn't as big as yours, but it still pissed me off.

I rarely go into CC anymore, but I was in the area and I knew about their Live Free or Die Hard DVD 14.99 sale . I stopped in to grab a copy of the movie. It was listed as 19.99 on the shelf, but the ad listed the movie as 14.99. I took the movie up to the counter, and the female employee (looked about 17 years old) rang me up. The total came up to 21 something. I said to her "um isn't this DVD suppose to be 15 dollars?". "I'll fix that real fast", she replied, and gave me a 5 dollar refund. The funny thing about it is that she didn't even question me or check the ad to confirm this, like she KNEW the movie was on sale, but didn't want to give me the sale price unless I said something. That's pretty shady.[/QUOTE]

Now if you knew the price was $14.99 from reading the ad... you should of also seen right next to it the mention of it being Tuesday and Wednesday only. But I'm not surprised if the employee thought it was still on sale.

Damn I'm laughing so hard after this poor guy's 'tragedy'...sorry OP but I've been there as well, though not so brutally.

The funniest part is, even if the Zelda DS bundle had rung up $139.99 and the OP had gotten the price he wanted on everything, how much do you want to bet the next thing to happen would be him getting denied on the coupon?

Those coupons definitely don't work on video game consoles, all of the coupons state that.

This poor guy just got screwed six ways to Sunday in his own virtual role playing game.

I can't believe they're not giving out the district manager's contact info. Shouldn't his pic be on a wall in the store with a phone number to reach him?

Keep trying corporate, and ask for the public relations and customer service department, also for the offices of various executives. The further and faster you get up that corporate ladder the more heat you will bring and the greater the reward for your trouble. Most of these underlings' sole job role is to give you the run around and act as decoys/obstacles to keep you from getting to the high level guys, who are usually out playing golf!

I know that you mean, but he was never even able to present the coupon. BTW, I believe that this is more about him getting screwed out of a coupon that he never got to use because at no point did they meet his needs.

[quote name='ohiost1']So let's get this straight. circuit city sent you a coupon that clearly stated, "regularly-priced items." you did not take the time to read this. This whole incident is clearly caused by you. From what I have read the employees spent way too much of their time looking for an item that didn't even qualify.

Waiting on that apology.

-Off topic, where is all the press when Circuit City is REHIRING the associates they layed off?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jza1218']Yeah, god forbid he gets the item for the price that the CC website mentioned. And considering the hassle he had to go through for the thumb drive, yeah the least they could do was price change another one.

But I agree about the coupon, its not supposed to work in a case like that, thats pushing it.[/quote]

For the thousandth time why can't people grasp that the price on the website and the price in store are NOT the same. Stores do not price match the prices of special sales and that includes sales like black friday ones.

The only reason he didn't order it online was because he was going to try to use a coupon that said valid on regularly priced items only. The price for the DS was advertised as being valid until 11am. He arrived at 5pm and acted like he deserves an exception and should be treated different then any other customer.

I'm glad he didn't get the DS. It will teach him to read the damn ad next time before he goes.

Waiting on that apology.

-Off topic, where is all the press when Circuit City is REHIRING the associates they layed off?[/quote]

Jesus what a douche. What site are you on, oh that's right, cheap ass gamer! Getting deals, (almost) any way we can is why we are on this site, at least it was the last time I checked. Yeah so the OP screwed up and is partially in the wrong but if that were you, you'd be crying about it too!

And it's definitely no excuse for TERRIBLE customer service. Trust me, that $100 or so it would have cost Circuit City to just play nice with the OP isn't going to be a drop in the bucket compared to the cost from the negative publicity the OP is going to generate if he keeps up his bitching and really gets the word out on his experience.

As for where is all the press for CC rehiring the associates they laid off, hahaha! They offered to rehire them before as well, right after they laid them off - FOR HALF OF THEIR PREVIOUS SALARIES (or less). I'm sure it's the same this time around as well - "yeah, we know you put in 10 years here at CC and know your stuff, so how about coming back at minimum wage even though you were earning $15 an hour before?"

That was a great read. thanks.
I do NOT shop at circuit city for many of the reasons you stated.
I only venture in if they have a really good price in the sunday flyer like a pc expansion pack for 17.99 or Virtua Fighter 5 for 39.99 and such.

No complicated deals and I try not to talk to anyone or make eye contact.

Don't worry, they will be out of business soon.. everyone hates that place. Best buy must be killing them.

[quote name='Brian9824']For the thousandth time why can't people grasp that the price on the website and the price in store are NOT the same. Stores do not price match the prices of special sales and that includes sales like black friday ones.

The only reason he didn't order it online was because he was going to try to use a coupon that said valid on regularly priced items only. The price for the DS was advertised as being valid until 11am. He arrived at 5pm and acted like he deserves an exception and should be treated different then any other customer.

I'm glad he didn't get the DS. It will teach him to read the damn ad next time before he goes.[/quote]

I do believe that ANY store with an in-store pickup policy should match the online price. It really doesn't make sense not to. He could have went straight to their online kiosk while the manager was telling him "no" and ordered the thing for in-store pickup at that price and then went straight up to the counter and bought the SAME item.

However, that would have screwed him on the coupon, so I get your point on that.

So because this is cheapassgamer we should be allowed to do whatever we want to get cheap games?

Last time i checked we still follow the rules which includes obeying restrictions on coupons and obeying when sales end.

Welcome to CheapAssGamer, not CheapAssScammer, god forbid CC actually do the right thing and not sell stuff for the sale price when the sale ends....

[quote name='CYRiX']Why don't you just do it the CAG way and leave the first time when you see they don't have that thumb drive? I like how your complaining about poor customer service but on the other hand you can just look for other options or just leave.[/quote]

That's not the CAG way, the CAG way would be glitter in each and every one of those managers' faces.

I took the time to read your post thinking that you were wronged. But in the end, it reinforced just how lousy some customers are.[/quote]
im going to repeat what everyone already said: he never showed the coupon.

the point is he never even got too far as to even pull out his wallet even i would assume.

[quote name='ohiost1']
Waiting on that apology.
[/quote]
:wall: and eat some :spam:

Why do we CAGs still shop at Circuit City? They stick it to us again and again.

It's time to raise up my brothers! Cheapy, it's time for a gotdamned, all out, BAN on Circuit City. If we can move Ship to stop shopping there, CC will lose half their annual revenue anyway. I swear, that guy LIVES there.

What say you CAGS?

[quote name='galvatron2k1']I do believe that ANY store with an in-store pickup policy should match the online price. It really doesn't make sense not to. He could have went straight to their online kiosk while the manager was telling him "no" and ordered the thing for in-store pickup at that price and then went straight up to the counter and bought the SAME item.

However, that would have screwed him on the coupon, so I get your point on that.[/quote]

I'm not saying their policy is the best, black friday is a crazy time of the year and its pretty much the ONLY timed sale they ever have so its not something they spent alot of time on but thats still how it works.

[quote name='callmesteam']Why do we CAGs still shop at Circuit City? They stick it to us again and again.

It's time to raise up my brothers! Cheapy, it's time for a gotdamned, all out, BAN on Circuit City. If we can move Ship to stop shopping there, CC will lose half their annual revenue anyway. I swear, that guy LIVES there.

What say you CAGS?[/quote]

Some don't... I haven't shopped there since Speedy got hit... I'm sure this is just adding to the fire though.

[quote name='Brian9824']I'm not saying their policy is the best, black friday is a crazy time of the year and its pretty much the ONLY timed sale they ever have so its not something they spent alot of time on but thats still how it works.[/quote]
I'm just going by the fact that the OP said it was still online at the sale price the day before. I know that might be hard for him to prove or for CC's managers to look up the day after, but after all his troubles and complaints, why not just give him what he wanted? Now that would be great customer service.

Let's not forget he was told by Manager B to come back to the store and he would make it right. He just wasted more time and gas when he got shot down the second time on a different item.

Honestly after reading this it sounds more like a bitchfest then anything else. I realize these guys might have been rude to you and they could definitely use some customer skills, but good lord man just move on. From the tone of your email it sounds you could use some people skills yourself. I've worked a lot in retail and I'll tell you now that frustrated customers that started demanding stuff and acting like I owed them something made it very difficult for me to want to work with them. Stores are trying to make money just as much as you are trying to save it, and there has to be some middle ground. Sounds to me like you are a very difficult person to work with. If you don't get what you want right or wrong, just walk out the door and never come back.

[quote name='Brian9824']So because this is cheapassgamer we should be allowed to do whatever we want to get cheap games?

Last time i checked we still follow the rules which includes obeying restrictions on coupons and obeying when sales end.

Welcome to CheapAssGamer, not CheapAssScammer, god forbid CC actually do the right thing and not sell stuff for the sale price when the sale ends....[/quote]

Like you've never taken advantage of a computer glitch, Mr. Holier than Thou. I specifically said we'd do almost anything for a deal. What's wrong with trying? Hell, the Zelda bundle and the coupon are almost non-events compared to the real problem, which was the Thumb Drive.

You honestly don't think that with the price of the black one being $15, the computer stating there were 6 in stock in the store and the store not having them after giving the guy the run around, that they couldn't at least honor the $15 price on the purple one? That was the source of almost all of the trouble, and all of that is on CC, not on the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back