How Circuit City Ruined My Weekend - A long short story by billg

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='blaked569']I have some valid points too:

1. You suck at writing. Some of the forum members here seem to think you're the paragon of eloquence and comedic timing, simply because you throw in WOEFULLY big words here and there. However, ultimately it's quite TELLING that most of these instances seem forced.

2. You have no tact. You have pretty much squandered away any ingroup acceptance and sympathy that you might have had. I thought you might have been doing a smart thing by keeping silent for the most part, but your myriad updates (despite it being one day past Wednesday) prove otherwise.

3. You should probably kill yourself.[/QUOTE]

Great points all. I especially like the first, and I agree. Guess the mouth-breathers around here eat that shit up.

I know the feeling, going to CC here in Fairfax, VA, is such as waste of time, never having the items in stock, employees that are clueless, and just generally a bad experience. The same thing is happening at the Borders here in Fairfax, its obvious that Corporate no longer cares about its customers, and I have shopped there for the last time, taking my business to Walden. Got the cheapass galaxy deal at BB, the checkout person was a bit confused, but the adjacent checkout person got them the right info in seconds, and away I went. No more shopping at Borders or CC, the real way to make stores who think that service is a four-letter word is to stop shopping there, and support stores that value their customers...

[quote name='gkargreen']I know the feeling, going to CC here in Fairfax, VA, is such as waste of time, never having the items in stock, employees that are clueless, and just generally a bad experience. The same thing is happening at the Borders here in Fairfax, its obvious that Corporate no longer cares about its customers, and I have shopped there for the last time, taking my business to Walden. Got the cheapass galaxy deal at BB, the checkout person was a bit confused, but the adjacent checkout person got them the right info in seconds, and away I went. No more shopping at Borders or CC, the real way to make stores who think that service is a four-letter word is to stop shopping there, and support stores that value their customers...[/QUOTE]

Yea that one guy at the fairfax cc store is pure clueless... I call him numb nuts. It's the guy in the dvd/music/gaming department. It takes FOREVER for that guy to do a price check. :( I wonder if anyone got any compromises because that store didn't have CoD3 in stock when the CoD4 deal came out a few weeks back. Management was a pure bitch...but oh well.

[quote name='Cmw7290']Congrads, Glad to see some people still believe in "The Customer is always right".[/quote]
The problem comes from working retail. Once you do you realize quite quickly that maybe around 75% of the customers are right. Another 10% are mistaken, 10% are clueless (yet nice), and 5% are off their rockers.

This usually isn't a problem, but the statement is more along the lines of offering the best customer service you can to the consumer and what he's looking for rather than "accepting that 3-month old coupon and giving him an extra 20% off because he travelled to two stores today and had to pay an extra 25 cents per mile in gas costs" approach. Of course, I'm using two extremes there, but I always endeavored towards the former and always escalated the latter to my manager.

I don't agree with the majority of this thread but CC could have had better customer service. Then again, they could have had that in most locations for years. ;)

You know... After all of your babble BillG... I would have given you $15 just to shut up! Especially since you made the situation on yourself worse by not reading a coupon that says "Not Valid on Game hardware" and wanted to rob charity of their donations.

[quote name='billg']Here is the number for Store 700: (215) 333-0412.

Good job, guys. Thanks to you, CheapyD is now known and feared even in the hallowed halls of Circuit City. That's a victory not just for me, but for all of us.[/quote]

Coming in a little late on the thread, but finally on to world domination.:twoguns:

- I wonder if Justin is one of us????

[quote name='billg']Final update: 11/28/2007

Chapter Seven: Conclusive Compromise.

Good job, guys. Thanks to you, CheapyD is now known and feared even in the hallowed halls of Circuit City. That's a victory not just for me, but for all of us.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand how this helps us???? The less the retail stores know about CAG, the better. Even if the manager already knew about this site, you didn't even have to mention it. I would think it would behoove us to stay underneath the radar. Remind me never to tell you a secret that I don't want to get out. :roll:

[quote name='blaked569']
1. You suck at writing....
3. You should probably kill yourself.[/quote]
take your own advice. what a heavy-handed reply that was!

[quote name='ITDEFX']LOLz

Well no matter what happens, he now knows he can string up CAG for a few days with his drama.[/quote]

Dude you don't like this guy much do you rofl. :lol:

I'm glad I don't work retail. If I had a customer that wanted recompense for the trouble of driving to my store I'd tell him I wanted a raise for putting up with his shit, but I wouldn't hold my breath on either count.

[quote name='Kapwanil']
This usually isn't a problem, but the statement is more along the lines of offering the best customer service you can to the consumer and what he's looking for rather than "accepting that 3-month old coupon and giving him an extra 20% off because he travelled to two stores today and had to pay an extra 25 cents per mile in gas costs" approach. Of course, I'm using two extremes there, but I always endeavored towards the former and always escalated the latter to my manager.[/quote]

[quote name='hawkhogan']Dude you don't like this guy much do you rofl. :lol:[/QUOTE]

all this well written drama, but no good came out of it and he is still going to buy from them despite his hate of CC. Winner= CC.

After reading all that........you wasted more time than was worth on the measly savings you obtained.....

What you should have done is made a HUMONGOUS stink to the point they 1) matched the prices, 2) called the police, or 3) gave the stuff to you for free..

Negotiation tactics are all about confrontation. hehehehe

[quote name='ITDEFX']all this well written drama, but no good came out of it and he is still going to buy from them despite his hate of CC. Winner= CC.[/quote]

I have to agree. If the point of all this heartache was just "for the principle of it", then if "Justin" would have offered me those deals at the end, I would have said "no thanks" and then bought the stuff somewhere else just to not give CC anymore business.

Man this thread did nothing but disappoint. Guy goes in on the busiest weekend of the year and makes a huge stink, tries to scam them with a coupon which he probably downloaded and printed off CAG, tries to buy an Early Bird only deal two days late, and demands an Alzheimer's memory stick?

Worst front page article ever.

Circuit City are a bunch of idiots. What kind of company makes it clear they have a vendetta and goes after a community that gives them so much money? I used to love Circuit City too, after a warranty problem with Best Buy where it took them two months to fix my TV, I started buying everything at Circuit City, but not anymore, not since Circuit City decided sucking up to Sony is more important than the average person.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']Man this thread did nothing but disappoint. Guy goes in on the busiest weekend of the year and makes a huge stink, tries to scam them with a coupon which he probably downloaded and printed off CAG, tries to buy an Early Bird only deal two days late, and demands an Alzheimer's memory stick?

Worst front page article ever.[/quote]

Wow... Really? L2Read

Billg should be required to make all future game purchases at gamestop!;)
This fool sounds like a fatwallet fool!

When I bought my laptop from CC back in January, I had to wait like 40 mins because all the salespeople were busy trying to pitch Comcast internet and their Firedog services to people who don't know jack about computers, while all I wanted was to get the laptop and accompanying free stuff and be on my merry way. I think they gave me some free shit as a concession (stuff that was already free, if memory serves.) Can't say I approve of the customer service at either BB or CC, but that's why I say those stores are ok if you know what you want and can get it w/o help. Honestly, though, I can't fault CC completely on this one. Going in on the busiest shopping weekend on the year, you're bound to be disappointed somehow.
And the employees have probably dealt w/ so much shit that weekend that they honestly don't give a shit about one person being pissed. I was the A/M of an FYE store during Black Friday and Christmas Eve one year, I know how it can get. And when corporate doesn't allow much wiggling room w/ regards to customer service, there's not much you can do w/o getting in trouble. And no customer is worth getting in trouble.

[quote name='Neo']Circuit City are a bunch of idiots. What kind of company makes it clear they have a vendetta and goes after a community that gives them so much money?[\QUOTE]

Did you read the thread? He basically tried to scam them, using a coupon for something it's not good for, trying to get sale prices days after the sale ended, and trying to get an Alzheimer's charity item marked down for his own benefit... That's not CC showing a vendetta. Plus billg just made CAG users look worse to Circuit City and whatever sites carried his pointless article.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']Man this thread did nothing but disappoint. Guy goes in on the busiest weekend of the year and makes a huge stink, tries to scam them with a coupon which he probably downloaded and printed off CAG, tries to buy an Early Bird only deal two days late, and demands an Alzheimer's memory stick?

Worst front page article ever.[/quote]

I love thread crappers that don't read the OP...

[quote name='Chitown021']I love thread crappers that don't read the OP...[/QUOTE]

He read enough of it... Not that the OP is an easy read. It's a wall of text filled with all kinds of useless jibber jabber.

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']JIbber jabber and overly florid twaddle.[/QUOTE]

You seriously need to get over this thread. Unsubscribe, and get on with your life.

Some of you people who think he needs to die and should kill himself need a reality check. Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']You seriously need to get over this thread. Unsubscribe, and get on with your life.[/QUOTE] You have no room to lecture me. Eat it.

**EDIT** - Also, I had a hunch and what do you know...

Your stats : Total Posts: 7,803 (6.51 posts per day)

My stats : Total Posts: 533 (0.38 posts per day)

Looks like I'm the one with a life, champ.

Jesus H. Christ.

1) I almost believe you really expect customer service from Circuit City, maybe you've lived under a rock for a few decades, or just don't get out much.

2) Clearly you've never worked retail, ever. I've seen some very ligit gripes by customers in my youth, but you're long winded diatribe takes the cake. Companies like Circuit City and Best Buy don't care how their employees treat you as long as it's nothing illegal. For every one complaint they'll make a few hundred sales.

3) Back to #1- As a presumably internet savvy person it really begs the question of why you even bothered to spend money, even if there was a coupon, at a retail location. $200 "savings" on products which are marked up is hardly worth it, plus you noted the gas you spent driving to this store and back.

Did you really think that you would somehow change Circuit City's corporate policy? Like, you're the Golden Child ushering in a new era of enlightenment to Corporate America. "Oh thank you Golden Child for helping us see the error of our ways. We were abusive and mistreated our customers all in the name of high profits, but you've caused us to see the light. We enjoy hiring a higher class of employee which costs us more, and we especially love haggling with people like we're in a 3rd world country".

You did note you're in Virginia, I believe? It's a rather East-Coast phenom to try and haggle over the prices at established retail stores. It's an American retail chain- not a market in some swarthy Asian country.

Oh no, Circuit City ruined your weekend? Right now they're probably circulating this, and having quite a laugh.

Sorry. er no, I'm not sorry- as I stated, I've seen people with ligit complaints, and yours is not one of them. You were/are a fool for even shopping there, but then to broadcast your idiocy was just taking it all to another level.

Grats.

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']You have no room to lecture me. Eat it.

**EDIT** - Also, I had a hunch and what do you know...

Your stats : Total Posts: 7,803 (6.51 posts per day)

My stats : Total Posts: 533 (0.38 posts per day)

Looks like I'm the one with a life, champ.[/QUOTE]

Do you actually have reading comprehension? I said THIS THREAD, but kudos to you for trying to continue being an asshat.

You have 23 posts in this thread. Which is what I referred to.

But I know you'll want to get the last word in, so I eagerly await your 24th post.

Uh while it was an entertaining read I got to tell you I do think your really crazy about this whole thing. Is there a law saying that retail employees have to treat you with the utmost respect? That they have to loose money to make you happy? Like the $25 taken off from the jump drive and the $25 off the DS is more money then circuit city makes on mark ups on that product. Plus if you could add the discount coupon then they would pretty much be paying you to take it off their hands.

Also what do you honestly expect from these people, no one spent 4 years studying to work at a circuit city, its not some big passion in their life its just a job to pay the bill. And its a freaking crazy busy day that they are probably all exhausted. There isn't professionalisim on the bottom levels of any retail store.

In addition you clearly don't value your own time what so ever. How many hours did you spend on this whole thing just to save a few bucks?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Do you actually have reading comprehension? I said THIS THREAD, but kudos to you for trying to continue being an asshat.

You have 23 posts in this thread. Which is what I referred to.

But I know you'll want to get the last word in, so I eagerly await your 24th post.[/QUOTE]

Look, I haven't acknowledged you since Gwen told us to knock it off in that other thread. Unlike jza, you singled me out.

You also have no room making an issue about my post count in a thread - I'm sure you've done much more.

You're not a Mod - in fact, you're nobody. Get lost.

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Look, I haven't acknowledged you since Gwen told us to knock it off in that other thread. Unlike jza, you singled me out.

You also have no room making an issue about my post count in a thread - I'm sure you've done much more.

You're not a Mod - in fact, you're nobody. Get lost.[/QUOTE]

Live_Bait.gif

Good job. From one nobody to another, eat shit.

Some people have to constantly be right, which this thread is a prime example of.

You don't like him whining or bringing CAG into it, fine. Say your piece and move on. This shouldn't be some major thing where it sounds like some of you are trying to look up his address so you can send him death threats for being retarded.

I think the OP is going to make CC hate CAG even more than usual, if that's possible, but it doesn't impact any of us. There are some customers who are idiots, and employees that treat the rest of us like we are. Is there really anything else to discuss?

GO OP GO!

I actually called Tim and told him how disappointed I was. "I'm not shopping with CC anymore."

He offered me a $50 gift card. I think I fared better than you, even though I laughed at it and told him no amount of money could get me back into the store. Ugh.

Jay

Worst front page article ever.[/QUOTE]

I agree whole-heartedly - Having CheapyD put this FRONTPAGE on CAG to a degree 'fueld the fire' and in retrospect I think it was bad judgment because there are far more solidified horror-stories and this one gives the OP attention beyond CAG ( digg'able etc.).

Accordingly you've enjoyed your 5 mins. of fame - LET'S MOVE ON and get back to Gaming Deals discussion - instead of making us all miserable with your personal woes.

[quote name='meesterjojo']
You did note you're in Virginia, I believe? It's a rather East-Coast phenom to try and haggle over the prices at established retail stores. It's an American retail chain- not a market in some swarthy Asian country.[/quote]

Wait.....so the OP lives in Virginia, but went to a Philadelphia, PA store to buy these items? I mean, I know deals are sometimes worth a bit of a drive, but I checked and Virginia is like 5 hours from Philly.

So, unless the OP was up in Philly area visiting relatives for Thanksgiving, we can add another mark of stupidity to them for driving 5 hours for a deal.

And jaysapathy, you seriously contacted the Philly store and were offered a $50 gift card and said NO? Cmon now, $50 is almost a full priced last gen game or most of the cost of a current gen controller(before tax).

I definitely would've taken it, but then again, I'd probably take a $20 gc for my time and trouble too. Then again, my local stores aren't 5 hours from me(more like 10-20 mins), so that amount of travel time to be compensated isn't worth much imo. Some people just overvalue their time, if you ask me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wait.....so the OP lives in Virginia, but went to a Philadelphia, PA store to buy these items? I mean, I know deals are sometimes worth a bit of a drive, but I checked and Virginia is like 5 hours from Philly.

So, unless the OP was up in Philly area visiting relatives for Thanksgiving, we can add another mark of stupidity to them for driving 5 hours for a deal.

And jaysapathy, you seriously contacted the Philly store and were offered a $50 gift card and said NO? Cmon now, $50 is almost a full priced last gen game or most of the cost of a current gen controller(before tax).

I definitely would've taken it, but then again, I'd probably take a $20 gc for my time and trouble too. Then again, my local stores aren't 5 hours from me(more like 10-20 mins), so that amount of travel time to be compensated isn't worth much imo.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the OP is in VA. I know the HQ is in Richmond, VA where he talked to the CSR.

I was gonna say, if they drove that far for a deal, then they're even more nuts than I originally thought. And, you know, I never knew CC's corporate offices were in Virginia. I know BB is in Minnesota or something and EB Games used to be down near Philly someplace, I think.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was gonna say, if they drove that far for a deal, then they're even more nuts than I originally thought. And, you know, I never knew CC's corporate offices were in Virginia. I know BB is in Minnesota or something and EB Games used to be down near Philly someplace, I think.[/quote]

Best Buy HQ is in MN... I drive by it every morning.

I always give it a quick dirty look, and most days I give it the finger.

[quote name='BattleChicken']Best Buy HQ is in MN... I drive by it every morning.

I always give it a quick dirty look, and most days I give it the finger.[/QUOTE]

and they wave back at you saying "We will see you Chuck on New Release Tuesday!"

[quote name='ITDEFX']and they wave back at you saying "We will see you Chuck on New Release Tuesday!"[/quote]

I don't shop best buy anymore.. unless i'ts to force them to price match someone else's hard-to-get deal -- which causes BBY a loss.

And what kind of a name is Chuck..? couldn't you have come up with a better fake name for me than Chuck?

[quote name='BattleChicken']And what kind of a name is Chuck..? couldn't you have come up with a better fake name for me than Chuck?[/QUOTE]

Okay.... does.... wait a sec......... I got it now.......... does..... Buck work better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back