How come the teams in Madden are so balanced?

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I don't think any team is less than an 84, and no team is better than a 90. Is there a way to change this? I mean the 49ers and Steelers shouldn't be 6 rating points apart.

[quote name='jimfoley16']I don't think any team is less than an 84, and no team is better than a 90. Is there a way to change this? I mean the 49ers and Steelers shouldn't be 6 rating points apart.[/quote]Play NFL2K5 with updated rosters?

[quote name='jimbo12457']Its so everyone can play as there favorite team and not have a disadvantage[/quote]Then 49ers fans have to realize that their team sucks and find a good team.;) The ratings definitely aren't right, but it doesn't matter too much since it really comes down to how well you can play the game anyways. People could easily beat the Steelers with the 49ers if they were good at Madden, anyways.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Play NFL2K5 with updated rosters?[/quote]

Or move on?

BTW, its the 360, no one wants to play the xbox1 version of a football game if they have a 360.

Yeah word, I thought maybe there was a balanced team option or something. It's cool because it makes things fairer for playing online/against friends, but it's just kinda dumb.

I wish there was like a balanced teams option or something. That way, when you were playing your season, you could just turn it off and have the Panthers dominate Green Bay. Then, when your friends wanna play, you could turn it on. Oh well, just my 2 cents. Thanks for the help guys.

The ratings are affected by the old mantra "any team can win on any given Sunday". Besides how many times has a team that was horrible from the year before come back the next year and be awesome?

[quote name='manofpeace20']The ratings are affected by the old mantra "any team can win on any given Sunday". Besides how many times has a team that was horrible from the year before come back the next year and be awesome?[/QUOTE]

Not nearly as often as they've come back and sucked horribly again. (see Green Bay, Oakland, Houston)

[quote name='jimfoley16']Not nearly as often as they've come back and sucked horribly again. (see Green Bay, Oakland, Houston)[/QUOTE]

There are a few joke franchises in the NFL, but it wasn't too long ago Green Bay and Oakland had great teams.

[quote name='sj41']Then 49ers fans have to realize that their team sucks and find a good team.;)

i'd rather be a niners fan than a texans, raiders, or lions fan

i saw more some pretty solid play by the niners in week 1

Unless the new roster update changed everything, I'm pretty sure there are a handful of teams with 78 or 79 and the top teams are 92 or 93. That's a pretty sizeable disparity.

[quote name='sj41']

i'd rather be a niners fan than a texans, raiders, or lions fan

i saw more some pretty solid play by the niners in week 1[/quote]
David Carr > SF 49ers

[quote name='lionheart4life']Not to start a fight, but 5-0 in the Super Bowl > Houston Texans.[/quote]

lol that must've been a long time ago. I personally think both teams blow, but I still

[quote name='Z-Saber']Play NFL2K5 with updated rosters?[/QUOTE]

How do you update the rosters?

[quote name='Velikost']lol that must've been a long time ago. I personally think both teams blow, but I still

Team ratings in Madden mean absolutely nothing. Seriously. The most important factor in a Madden game is the skill of the person on the sticks. #2 - the weapons on the team they have to work with.

Individual player ratings are far more important than team ratings (they are the makeup of the team rating - try reshuffling your depth chart around and you'll see what I mean).

^ word

[quote name='mik']Unless the new roster update changed everything, I'm pretty sure there are a handful of teams with 78 or 79 and the top teams are 92 or 93. That's a pretty sizeable disparity.[/quote]
Thats how they should be but a few times the ratings have been fucked up. Once the niners were 83 and the eagles were the highest at 96. And another time the niners were ranked 63 but I bet the system was just trippin because the last few days they have been showing the correct rating.

Yeah actually in me season for some reason the teams are way balanced, but I played against my boy and some teams were in the low 70's. The Giants were a 72 while the Eagles were a 96. WTF? I mean I'm from Philly and

The team rankings matter to a degree. My friend and I were playing online with the two worst teams I think it was the Jets and the niners just for fun. Our receivers couldn't hardly catch any balls, and the RB's kept fumbling. I'm talking people would be wide open and missing catches. I say playing Madden is 85% skill, and 15% what team you pick.

[quote name='Graystone']I say playing Madden is 85% skill, and 15% what team you pick.[/QUOTE]
Agree, at least now it is. Last year the only teams you'd ever play online were the Steelers, Patriots, Eagles, etc. I think they made the teams more even so that there will be less cheesers only playing with stacked teams and if they do the game will still be decided by who is the better Madden player.

[quote name='whiteboy']Agree, at least now it is. Last year the only teams you'd ever play online were the Steelers, Patriots, Eagles, etc. I think they made the teams more even so that there will be less cheesers only playing with stacked teams and if they do the game will still be decided by who is the better Madden player.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I like people that pick the best in whatever game I'm playing. So I can stomp their ass with something mediocre. Like people picking the F50 GT in PGR3, or the Seahawks in Madden.

The ratings for the teams change if you go into the rosters. Even if you do not change anything the team ratings change but not the players. The Saints are a 70 something team before you look at rosters. After you go into rosters they and all other teams are in the 80's. Try looking at the teams with a no/new profile and then go into the rosters, don't change anything and then go back and look at the team ratings. You will see the change. This sucks.

EA needs to get their act together with their football games, oh wait they don't have to b/c they are the only game in town.

^ In the xbox version of NCAA Football 07 when you change the name of the player, the ratings would change for the player.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Call me when Arizona makes it to the playoffs.[/quote]

You'll be hearing from me at the end of the season

bread's done
Back