how did u like okami?

Furashu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
im playing it now, its pretty good so far( 1 hr 20 mins into it)

how did u like it?
and howlong did it take u?

i got this as a present last xmas btw :D

Okami is amazing, it is one of my favorite games for the PS2. It took me a little over 50 hours to beat it, you can cut it down a little bit if you don't try to find everything.

I played the first few hours and then set it aside. I thought the art style was fantastic, but something about it just didn't grab me like I thought it would after reading everyone gush about it. I guess I might need to go back and give it some more time.

It's very, very good, but did get long at the end. The first 20 hours will probably have you playing non-stop, but there is a sort of false ending which is really only half-way through the game. 40 hours is realistic for finishing this with minimal side quests.

I really liked it for how ambitious it was. I mean, there have been plenty of Zelda-esque games but none have come as close as Okami.

It does have some advantages over any Zelda game (story, new gameplay aspects, puzzles). But the final quarter of the game was a bit slow and felt drawn out- the pacing is one thing that the game failed to do right.

Took me like 38 hours but I didn't do any sidequests besides a few here and there.

Intensely fun for about twenty hours, then... Halo 3 online cooperative drew me away from it.

I'm planning on starting over and finishing it this spring.

Well, I played it like 2 years ago. I got lost in the game and haven't went back to it for long time. I love the art design but the pacing of the game is too slow. I wished the battle weren't so confined. I feel like I was trapped in a cage everytime I touch a enemy.

I guess I'm in the minority here. Rented it on gamefly to see what the fuss was about, and couldn't stand it. Only played it for 2-3 hours, but the horrible squeaking of nearly every character's voice got to me. Had alot of problems with just the drawing parts of the tutorial levels too. Maybe it's just me.

[quote name='Alphant']Waiting for a price drop on the wii version.[/quote]

uh the wii version isnt even in production so how can the price drop? lol

[quote name='Furashu']uh the wii version isnt even in production so how can the price drop? lol[/quote]isn't it coming out though?

[quote name='snakelda']isn't it coming out though?[/quote]

Eventually, sure. It's being ported for Capcom by a studio called Ready at Dawn. They've not said much about it as of yet, with the exception that there won't be any new content.

Loved it.. logged about 55 hours playing it which is saying a lot considering I played it when I was backlogged about 25 games I've been meaning to play.

bread's done
Back