How do I get Downloaded Saves to Work?

WrestleCrap'sRD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
So I downloaded a saved Rayman from GameFaqs.com to my computer. Where do I save it on the SD card to get it to read? And do I have to rename it? I can't seem to find any info on how to do this anywhere...

RD

I bet if you just pop it on the SD card and load it up, it'll work.

But this is intriguing. I will add this to my FAQ depending on what the resolution is.

[quote name='Strell']I bet if you just pop it on the SD card and load it up, it'll work.

But this is intriguing. I will add this to my FAQ depending on what the resolution is.[/quote]This is intriguing, I mean usually with every other console you need some third party crappy cheat device to do it, but in theory since everything is on the SD card... Wow this is incrediable if it works.

Ok, got it to work. Basically, there is a folder on the SD card named "TITLE". Inside that folder are other folders that make up a game name, which you can figure out from here:

http://www.wiisave.com/gamecodes/index.php

The file MUST be named data.bin, I believe. At least I named mine that, since everything else in the directory was named that.

So I downloaded the save, created a folder named RRBE (as specced out above), put the newly renamed data.bin into that folder, and copied it to the title folder on the SD card. Went to the Wii data manager, and copied over the new Rayman save (had to delete my old one), and voila! I'm playing with a complete game. Which is great, because I only want to play multiplayer and didn't want to have to go through and unlock everything.

RD

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']This is intriguing, I mean usually with every other console you need some third party crappy cheat device to do it, but in theory since everything is on the SD card... Wow this is incrediable if it works.[/QUOTE]

It works. :cool:
RD

How I got it to work.
Step 1, create save file on wii.
Step 2, copy save file from wii to sd
step 3, download save off teh internets
step 4, copy file off your harddrive, overwriting the one on the sd card
4.1 be sure to locate the file properly on the sd card, its a strange directory structure
step 5, put sd back into wii, delete old save off wii, and copy save from sd to wii
step 6, profit.

That is how I got it to work, it was helpful that there was nothing else on the sd card when I first started.

step 5,

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']This is intriguing, I mean usually with every other console you need some third party crappy cheat device to do it, but in theory since everything is on the SD card... Wow this is incrediable if it works.[/QUOTE]
you can also dl PS3 save. Once again MS is the odd man out.

[quote name='62t']you can also dl PS3 save. Once again MS is the odd man out.[/quote]

Achievements > the ability to download saves.

[quote name='Mattte']Achievements > the ability to download saves.[/QUOTE]
achievement = pointless with so many cheaters

[quote name='62t']you can also dl PS3 save. Once again MS is the odd man out.[/quote]

And....where else are they the odd man out?

On topic though, it is an interesting feature, but one I'll most likely never use.

[quote name='seanr1221']And....where else are they the odd man out?
[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that too.

You can also easily download PSP saves, so Nintendo has that disadvantage in the portable market.

Wow, this is nice. I'm not into downloading saves and skipping ahead, but it's nice to know the option is there.

[quote name='lanleague']Still, Achievements: nothing special.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='62t']achievement = pointless with so many cheaters[/QUOTE]
Ah, spoken like people who have never touched a 360 before. "Pointless with so many cheaters?" What the fuck are you talking about? If they were pointless due to "so many cheaters," wouldn't everyone have a huge gamerscore?

odd man - refer to not having motion senor controller.

Using game save it is very easy to get really high game score.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Wow, this is nice. I'm not into downloading saves and skipping ahead, but it's nice to know the option is there.
[/quote]Its nice on a game like Raving Rabbids. I rented it and just wanted to play the mini games with my wife, but without the save game we would have spent most of our rental unlocking the mini games

[quote name='62t']Using game save it is very easy to get really high game score.[/quote]

Uh....so you just contradicted yourself?

[quote name='dallen']Its nice on a game like Raving Rabbids. I rented it and just wanted to play the mini games with my wife, but without the save game we would have spent most of our rental unlocking the mini games[/QUOTE]

And I BOUGHT it solely to play with friends. I hate when games make you play a single player mode to earn "the right" to play multi player. That's just dumb.

RD

[quote name='62t']odd man - refer to not having motion senor controller.

Using game save it is very easy to get really high game score.[/QUOTE]

Umm yeah because Sony thought of that all on their own........I recall a boomerang controller until the wii got announced and then all of the sudden ta da sony has a motion sensing controller, with a middle main menu button, making the entire controller completely original. Oh btw where is sony's rumble feature?

bread's done
Back