How do I get of this Gamertag situation?

AlphaPanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
(Read the update below.)

(Meant to type "How do I get OUT of this Gamertag situation, but I was tired and I don't know how to edit thread titles.)

Last edited by a moderator:
gimme_a_break_175_dvd1.jpg
gimmieabreak-dvd.jpg
gimmieabreak-dvd.jpg
gimmieabreak-dvd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This post was very confusing and poorly worded. If you don't know the password, how have you been able to log into Xbox.com as recently as 3 hours ago?

[quote name='Malik112099']maybe call customer service.....since you are a customer and require service[/QUOTE]
you can try, but I've had the same problem as the OP and everytime I call customer support, they refuse to give me any information regarding my password. I even remember what email I used, but just need the password. Support has told me countless times that they can't even see the password

[quote name='Matt Young']If you don't know the password, how have you been able to log into Xbox.com as recently as 3 hours ago?[/QUOTE]
:applause:

Update: I was DEAD tired when I first wrote the question. I apologize for how poorly worded that was at first, my brain was pretty much shut off.

Anyways, my friend created an email just for the sake of his Xbox account, and since then has completely forgotten it. On his Xbox, it has auto-login, so that's the only thing saving him from being locked out of his account completely. When he called Customer Service, they couldn't do anything for him since he couldn't provide an E-mail for them. To top it off, his status is manually set to Offline and he can't log onto Xbox.com to change it. (VintageJYD is his Gamertag for anyone who cares.)

Make sense?

Is there anything he can do to figure out what his E-mail is, or is there anything Customer Service can do for him?

PS, thank you all for the smart-ass answers. ;)

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Update: I was DEAD tired when I first wrote the question. I apologize for how poorly worded that was at first, my brain was pretty much shut off.

Anyways, my friend created an email just for the sake of his Xbox account, and since then has completely forgotten it. On his Xbox, it has auto-login, so that's the only thing saving him from being locked out of his account completely. When he called Customer Service, they couldn't do anything for him since he couldn't provide an E-mail for them. To top it off, his status is manually set to Offline and he can't log onto Xbox.com to change it. (VintageJYD is his Gamertag for anyone who cares.)

Make sense?

Is there anything he can do to figure out what his E-mail is, or is there anything Customer Service can do for him?

PS, thank you all for the smart-ass answers. ;)[/QUOTE]

I dont know how to find the email address, but I'll clarify a few things for you. First, auto-login isnt keeping him from being locked out, the only way he will get locked out of his account (as long as it stays on his xbox) is if he puts a password on it and forgets it. You dont need to know any info about the account to login if it is already on your xbox. Second, you can change the online status straight from the xbox dashboard, but I dont know if you need to know the email for this (I think you do). If it does, and he wants to be seen online, just go to "Preferences" on the mini-guide and switch it to online every time he logs in.

bread's done
Back