How do I handle this eBay seller?

Javansdaddy

CAGiversary!
Sorry for the long story but I need to give background on this dilemma:

My wife's been chomping at the bit to get an unlocked iPhone 3g so she could use her T-Mobile pre-paid plan with it (she works for a chiropractor & one of the patients came in with one). She jumped on this auction:

www.ebay.com/itm/260889600023

Seller sent the package (in a flimsy flat-rate envelope!) and she was happy until the home button stopped working. Of course she was pissed and was railing against the seller until I took a look at the auction and pointed out that there was supposed to be a home button replacement included.

I asked her if there was one included in the envelope, she said no and showed me everything that came in the envelope. Everything in the auction was included except the home button. I emailed the seller and explained that when the iPhone was received the home button worked but when it stopped working I re-read the auction listing and it stated a replacement button was to be included and asked that it be sent.

Now is the waiting game, but my question is - how do I proceed if the seller says that a button was in the package (it wasn't, my wife would have noticed it) or refuses to reply? Are we basically out the $95? I did notice that I can get a replacement button & tools for $4 or so, should I just bit the bullet and go that route? I'm not electronically-inclined...

I know there are a lot of guys (and gals) that deal with eBay quite a bit on CAG, so I value your opinions.

Thanks!

I know she's your wife and all, but if you didn't personally inspect the envelope and you don't know 100% that there was no extra home button hiding in there when she unboxed everything, I would let the seller decide if they want to be nice and send you (another) one.

They're $2.99 shipped on eBay, definitely not worth filing a claim of any sort.

[quote name='Kerig']I know she's your wife and all, but if you didn't personally inspect the envelope and you don't know 100% that there was no extra home button hiding in there when she unboxed everything, I would let the seller decide if they want to be nice and send you (another) one.

They're $2.99 shipped on eBay, definitely not worth filing a claim of any sort.[/QUOTE]

No, I disagree, I think it's worth filing a claim over. As a seller on ebay I get shit for doing the smallest thing wrong, so fuck em, if they didn't include it then file a claim if they aren't helpful.

[quote name='Cmosfm']No, I disagree, I think it's worth filing a claim over. As a seller on ebay I get shit for doing the smallest thing wrong, so fuck em, if they didn't include it then file a claim if they aren't helpful.[/QUOTE]

I agree...

...you lengthen your payment time from 2-3 days after an auction to a week late payment, then someone still has the balls to complain, when they PAID LATE!

bread's done
Back