How do I make sure a new 360 is in full working order?

dusty_p_42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm finally going to buy a 360 tomorrow, but I probably won't actually start playing it until Lost Planet is released (still have to beat FFXII, Zelda). I'm not that familiar with the console which means I'm probably not aware of all its potential hardware problems. When I get the 360, what all do I need to do to make sure it's all functioning properly?

Buy a warranty. I can't stress this enough, depending where you plan on purchasing the 360 by the warranty from the retailer or at least buy the MS two year warranty from MS.

[quote name='dusty_p_42']I'm finally going to buy a 360 tomorrow, but I probably won't actually start playing it until Lost Planet is released (still have to beat FFXII, Zelda). I'm not that familiar with the console which means I'm probably not aware of all its potential hardware problems. When I get the 360, what all do I need to do to make sure it's all functioning properly?[/QUOTE]

Step 1: Turn it on.

[quote name='dusty_p_42']I'm finally going to buy a 360 tomorrow, but I probably won't actually start playing it until Lost Planet is released (still have to beat FFXII, Zelda). I'm not that familiar with the console which means I'm probably not aware of all its potential hardware problems. When I get the 360, what all do I need to do to make sure it's all functioning properly?[/QUOTE]

As a guy who's had 2 360s die on him, I can't help but agree with Spoo. However, I wouldnt suggest buying one until you are actually going to play it. Put that $400 somewhere that you won't spend it otherwise and wait. The manufacturing process will only get better so you really can't loose.

I'm getting it tomorrow so I can get it for $200 from Microcenter, and I'm planning on getting the two year warranty. I just want to know how to know if I should return it immediately.

3 fourths of a red circle or freezing when playing multiple games. Believe me, you'll know when/if it breaks on you.

$100 mail in rebate, $100 off first statement for opening a card and putting at least $399 on it. It's been on the deals forum for ages.

You can't, mine was working perfectly then out of the blue i got the red lights of doom. Just get the warranty to make it less painful like everyone has said.

alright this a dumb question:

Buy the 360 and let the 3 month warranty expire and then buy the MS extended 2 year warranty. Or get the 2 year warranty right after buying the 360?

bread's done
Back