How do I open my controller?

the_gloaming

CAGiversary!
I've got an original controller .. not one of those new fangled wireless ones. Anyway I damaged it last night and I need to open it up to make some repairs but I don't have the tools to do it. Anyone know what kind of screwdriver opens them up? The screws aren't standard or Phillip's head .. they are something else. There are three grooves on the screw instead of four (a la Phillips). I don't know what to look for exactly, so I need a name (and maybe where I can pick up a cheap one).

Can anyone help plz? kthnx.

[quote name='"Sleepkyng"']
i wouldn't open it if i were you, i fucked up my ps2 controllers
[/quote]

I have opened most of my controllers (SNES, Genesis, Xbox, PS2) and had no problems. And I'm not just opening it to open it ... it's broken, and I want to fix it. The joystick has disconnected from the ball beneath it and I need to reattach it (if possible -- I haven't seen the exact cause just yet).

Btw, my PS2 controller is fucking durable. I've never seen one go through so much damage and still work effectively. Bravo, Sony.

Oh yeah thanks for the information Cornfedwb. I appreciate it! :)

[quote name='the_gloaming']I have opened most of my controllers (SNES, Genesis, Xbox, PS2) and had no problems. And I'm not just opening it to open it ... it's broken, and I want to fix it. The joystick has disconnected from the ball beneath it and I need to reattach it (if possible -- I haven't seen the exact cause just yet).

Btw, my PS2 controller is fucking durable. I've never seen one go through so much damage and still work effectively. Bravo, Sony.

Oh yeah thanks for the information Cornfedwb. I appreciate it! :)[/QUOTE]

My gamecube controller has been through so much abuse it's not even funny. It's fallen 5 ft at least 300 times, it's been throw around my room by my roomate at me so many times, i've woken up and have kicked the crap out of it at least half a dozen times, my friends dog chewed on it (has teeth marks) and the purple blasted thing still works. Now, on the other hand I've been through 2 PS2 controllers in the last 4 years Sony 1st party (yeah not bad, but my GCN controller hasn't fucked up yet, I think it might be just luck but hey the mother fucker works). Oh and on the subject of your tri-wing bit, just go to a local hardware store and ask if they have any, my local hardware sells them for a few cents.

bread's done
Back