How do i play import games without *gasp* modding?

[quote name='smalien1']are freeloaders legit?[/quote]
Yes, but it wouldn't do too much good on an XBox (just going along with the correct forum)

To sidetrack, not all functions of games work with freeloaders, and there's no crossing of memory cards (US/JPN).

There potentially could be a boot disc for the XBox, but it would disable the XBox's recognition of the disc tray being opened.

[quote name='Deadpool']I really don't feel like paying $2/300 for another system that i already have![/quote]

Looks like someone isn't going to play any imports then.

Did I miss the "Piss off the Moderators Day" Memo?

[quote name='sying'][quote name='Deadpool']I really don't feel like paying $2/300 for another system that i already have![/quote]

Did I miss the "Piss off the Moderators Day" Memo?[/quote]

i think so ;)

[quote name='Deadpool']How do i play import games without *gasp* modding?[/quote]

You don't.

...or you stick to GBA games, PS2 and XB do not have simple sollutions for imports otherwise you'd have heard about it by now.

i am guessing the pstwo will eventually have some sort of freeloader boot disc, it is toploading and I would think it would be easier to make a working boot disc that would work the same way as a freeloader for gc

The swap magic works but you have to remove the lid and replace it with an aftermarket lid that lets you open it without triping the eject sensor.

gasp modding is the current type of modding that allows your xbox to fly and also you can put a AMD 64 XP 55 in it too with 3 gigs of ram, thats a beefy xbox :wink:

[quote name='asuitor']gasp modding is the current type of modding that allows your xbox to fly and also you can put a AMD 64 XP 55 in it too with 3 gigs of ram, thats a beefy xbox :wink:[/quote]

:eek: *gasp*!

[quote name='sying'][quote name='Deadpool']I really don't feel like paying $2/300 for another system that i already have![/quote]

Did I miss the "Piss off the Moderators Day" Memo?[/quote]

Just say some thing about how gay anime is and all them Napoleonites get their panties in a bunch.

BEST DYNAMITE EVAR!!!

what system are you trying to play imports on? Some systems have home remedies, without modding your console. Others require a disc or tool.

I know the site where I purchased my fliptop for PS2 is now selling Xbox fliptops, but I'm not sure about the availability of actual swap discs yet. It may be the company just trying to get ahead of the game.

[quote name='b0bx13']I know the site where I purchased my fliptop for PS2 is now selling Xbox fliptops, but I'm not sure about the availability of actual swap discs yet. It may be the company just trying to get ahead of the game.[/quote]

fliptops xbox's, what site is that?

There actually is a boot disc that can be used if you have the slim PS2 and you would have to place like a sheet of paper between the top and the bottom so that the lid doesn't fully close so that you can trick the system into thinking that your import is a regular PS2 game. My girlfriend does this all the time to play games that she buys from a store that sells Japanese Imports.

Ya guys fliptops are a good idea for imports, but please dont mention the dreaded M word. I would love to see a link to fliptop xboxes if anyone has one, I really dont see a way you could do it because of the actual DVD drives in a xbox

Import games worth playing...

Berserk
Any other stupid anime game like Naruto
Berserk
Gran Turismo 4 (till U.S. release)

Oh and BERSERK! MOTHER fuckER!

If anyone has any questions about the dreaded M word, PM me and I will try to help ya out but not for public discussion in these forums

[quote name='big_squirtle']what system are you trying to play imports on? Some systems have home remedies, without modding your console. Others require a disc or tool.[/quote]

Well considering this *IS* the Xbox board...

bread's done
Back