How do you all see employment?

I do webdev/design and on-site tech support. I used to do a lot of development, which I enjoyed, but I'm increasingly doing more design. My job is highly stressful and not very rewarding due to very short deadlines (less than 24 hours a lot of the time), huge numbers of last-minute projects, and no control over any aspect of my projects except for quite literally my programming style.

I am the only IT person in my dept (Which is largely marketing), so I often feel very isolated. Since nobody has a clear idea of how my job works , my boss lets my coworkers "direct" (read: manage) me, which are all marketing/PR people. When I make a mistake, I hear about it 3-5 times. The only thing that keeps me around is the pay and the fact that I have to work with other IT staff from other departments for certain projects, which makes networking and showing off some know-how much easier.

Also, Dilbert has become very relevant in my life.:whistle2:(

Edit: My job is pretty much like this - Design Hell

So it looks like for most people employment sucks. I guess I shouldn't set huge expectations for a totally problem free super fun job.

[quote name='HovaEscobar']So it looks like for most people employment sucks. I guess I shouldn't set huge expectations for a totally problem free super fun job.[/QUOTE]

Even playing shortstop for the Yankees wouldn't be problem free and super fun all the time (although it sure would pay well!).

Most people have to have a crap job sometime in their lives. That'll definitely put a "crappy" job and a "good" job in perspective. I think a fine balance of "suck" and benefits are most important. If you don't like the job, but the pay & benefits are good, you're probably in the position most people are. I'd say being genuinely happy in a job is pretty uncommon, but it doesn't mean every part of it is completely terrible.

bread's done
Back