How do you get rid of household odors?

darrenaero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
A neighbor of mine was throwing out a nice (so I thought) suede couch the other day so I took it and let it park in my kitchen as opposed to the downstairs basement to see if it had an odor from the cats from the previous owner. The smell was quite bad so I got rid of the couch 2 days later. 3 days have gone by and there is still a lingering uriney/mildewey smell that hits you when you enter the home. Any tips on how to get rid of it?

Open some windows, put charcoal out if you have any. I hear vinegar soaks up odors as well, but I've never tried that. Fabreeze works for the most part also.

I know keeping an open box of baking soda will remove odors in the fridge but I wonder if that would work for an entire house too? :whistle2:k

[quote name='Maklershed']I know keeping an open box of baking soda will remove odors in the fridge but I wonder if that would work for an entire house too? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

When I had a guinea pig, I'd clean the cage out and sprinkle some baking soda on the bottom before I put the new bedding in. It really worked wonders. That thing could put out a mean stink. I think leaving baking soda around couldn't hurt.

Stop burning the scented candle marked "A lovely aroma of suede couch and cat piss". Start burning the scented candle marked "keithp presents a HUGE dump".
Problem solved with little cleanup.

bread's done
Back