How do you get Xbox game codes?

JMusic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I know that Gamestop and Bestbuy sell some downloadable games, so those codes I understand, but I see people selling/trading/prizing codes for games that I don't think are available that way. It makes me think there is a way to purchase a game and get the code rather than having the game directly added to the account. I wouldn't mind using some of my MSP to give some gifts to friends...

There are open forums here at CAG that gives you a chance to win some Microsoft points. Given I may win some, I will PM you on what I'm offering.

Ok, apparently I was not clear enough. Perhaps an example...

Posted this morning in the trading forum:

Have:
The Splatters
Bang Bang Racing
Anomaly Warzone Earth
Wreckateer
Zuma's Revenge

So, this person is offering to trade or sell download codes for five games. I can buy those five games myself off Xbox market for points, but they get directly linked to my account. Is there a way (obviously there is some sort of way) to buy the games and get codes rather than having them instantly link to my account?

Just to be clear, I am not trying to buy MSP...

^You can win them from sites like PlayXBLA.com, as well as follow a lot of developers twitters and facebooks and they give away codes sometimes. Also smaller video game sites give away codes sometimes to help stir up interest in their sites. Most the codes on the trade forums are won this way.

I've won games like Minecraft, Spelunky, Trials EVO, Dead Space Extraction, Crazy Taxi, etc from different sites.

Also reviewers get codes early and sometimes choose to trade/sell them rather than use them.

You can't buy codes for the vast majority of games. Like you said, BB and Gamestop sometimes sell downloadable games in code form, but those are only certain ones.

bread's done
Back