How do you guys check PSN codes to ensure they are valid?

SgtRamirez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
For example, I have quite a few Subway codes for inFamous and such and I wanted to try and trade them. I have seen on some threads, though, that some of the codes may say that they are invalid. I don't want to trade something that is not valid, so I was hoping that somebody could tell me how it is that they check the codes without actually redeeming them. I have yet to figure this out.

Thank you for your time.

On playstation.com, you sign in. You should see your username in the middle of the screen. Hover over that and you should see an option for account management. After that click the red manage account button. It'll take you to a page that looks kind of like the account management on the PS3. Go down to redeem code and put it in like normal. It'll give you the option to download or cancel the redemption. Obviously its not working right now. But that's how I test the codes without redeeming them.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']For example, I have quite a few Subway codes for inFamous and such and I wanted to try and trade them. I have seen on some threads, though, that some of the codes may say that they are invalid. I don't want to trade something that is not valid, so I was hoping that somebody could tell me how it is that they check the codes without actually redeeming them. I have yet to figure this out.

Thank you for your time.[/QUOTE]

Use this site when it comes back up to check if your codes are valid, just enter the code and cancel/back out of it once it gives you the option of confirming the redemption:

https://store.playstation.com/login.gvm

It's impossible to check if the inFamous 2 codes are valid yet. Might have to wait until the PS Store is back to do that. I have all of the Infamous 2 DLC codes that I won from the Subway contest and none of them work.

[quote name='sunghost']Use this site when it comes back up to check if your codes are valid, just enter the code and cancel/back out of it once it gives you the option of confirming the redemption:

https://store.playstation.com/login.gvm

It's impossible to check if the inFamous 2 codes are valid yet. Might have to wait until the PS Store is back to do that. I have all of the Infamous 2 DLC codes that I won from the Subway contest and none of them work.[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like the Razor PSN codes that were given away this might give some insight as to when the codes will be valid.

PLAYSTATION®NETWORK VOUCHER CODE: (Infamous 2 code)
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
June 16, 2011 it can be used

[quote name='uncle5555']If it's anything like the Razor PSN codes that were given away this might give some insight as to when the codes will be valid.

PLAYSTATION®NETWORK VOUCHER CODE: (Infamous 2 code)
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
June 16, 2011 it can be used

[quote name='SgtRamirez']June 16th?? The game is released June 7th. WTF? The code isn't valid until a week after release? Strange.[/QUOTE]

The Subway Infamous 2 codes were supposed to be valid from 5/10-6/31. I also have a Sniper Blast code that I think I got from a Schick Edge promotion which should be valid on 6/7. No clue when the subway codes will really be valid though, that's just what Subway claimed when I won them.

bread's done
Back