How do you make Pizza dough?

indy2029

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The baked potato thread has inspired me. How does one make pizza dough? I tried using a direction once found online and it ended up wayyyy too soggy. This would be perfect for game nights. Plus prego makes a delicious tomato sauce :)

just buy the ingredients (dough, sauce, cheese, etc.) and put it all together, way easier and more fun :p.

High-Gluten flour, yeast (not the instant kind), salt, olive oil, warm (not hot!) water. That's it, you just need to use the right proportions depending on how much you're making and how fast you want it to rise.

[quote name='indy2029']The baked potato thread has inspired me. How does one make pizza dough? I tried using a direction once found online and it ended up wayyyy too soggy. This would be perfect for game nights. Plus prego makes a delicious tomato sauce :)[/QUOTE]

2 Tb olive oil
2 1/2 cups bread flour
1 pack dry yeast
1 c. warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt (not table salt, only sea salt (my fav) or kosher salt)

Get water from that tap and make sure its warm but not hot. If you have thermometer make sure the water doesn't go above 115 degrees.

In the warm water pour in the sugar, and yeast. Let it sit while you mix the flour with the salt, then pour the water into the dry product. Mix together and knead for about 10 mins. If the dough is to sticky then add flour. To dry add water.

After kneading for about 5 mins or so. put it in a greased bowl, and let it sit for about 1 1/2 hours (depending on the room temp) hours in a warm place. Make sure its has a window pane after you knead it. A window pane is when you grab a piece of dough and then stretch it out. between your hands is should become thing without breaking. Its a basic cooking method. Google it if you don't understand.

Then pull out the dough after 3 hours and punch it down. Spread it out onto your sheet pan and top with whatever you want. If you have a sheet pan then bake it at 375 for about 15-20.

However if you have a pizza stone then 500 for 8-15 mins is just fine* (see below)

*Now some will say my instructions are incorrect however the thing about pizza is that there is no right way to do it. You could let the dough only rest for 30 mins, or 3 hours, or not add the sugar to the yeast in the water, bake at 350 for 35 mins etc, . There is no right or wrong way to make a pizza. Your just going to have to play around with it. If you don't know what kneading dough means. Just go order a pizza from a local company, please stay away from the big corporations pizza at all costs.

[quote name='Graystone']2 Tb olive oil
2 1/2 cups bread flour
1 pack dry yeast
1 c. warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt (not table salt, only sea salt (my fav) or kosher salt)

Get water from that tap and make sure its warm but not hot. If you have thermometer make sure the water doesn't go above 115 degrees.

In the warm water pour in the sugar, and yeast. Let it sit while you mix the flour with the salt, then pour the water into the dry product. Mix together and knead for about 10 mins. If the dough is to sticky then add flour. To dry add water.

After kneading for about 5 mins or so. put it in a greased bowl, and let it sit for about 1 1/2 hours (depending on the room temp) hours in a warm place. Make sure its has a window pane after you knead it. A window pane is when you grab a piece of dough and then stretch it out. between your hands is should become thing without breaking. Its a basic cooking method. Google it if you don't understand.

Then pull out the dough after 3 hours and punch it down. Spread it out onto your sheet pan and top with whatever you want. If you have a sheet pan then bake it at 375 for about 15-20.

However if you have a pizza stone then 500 for 8-15 mins is just fine* (see below)

*Now some will say my instructions are incorrect however the thing about pizza is that there is no right way to do it. You could let the dough only rest for 30 mins, or 3 hours, or not add the sugar to the yeast in the water, bake at 350 for 35 mins etc, . There is no right or wrong way to make a pizza. Your just going to have to play around with it. If you don't know what kneading dough means. Just go order a pizza from a local company, please stay away from the big corporations pizza at all costs.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for my ignorance. What does Tb mean? Tablespoons?

I saw your responses in the baked potato thread too. U sir are THE chef of every Cagers dream.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']You could always toss your favorite pizza fixings on to a bagel, that way you can eat pizza any time.[/QUOTE]

U are right. Onion bagels make GREAT pizza bagels. mmm

[quote name='indy2029']Sorry for my ignorance. What does Tb mean? Tablespoons?

I saw your responses in the baked potato thread too. U sir are THE chef of every Cagers dream.[/QUOTE]

Yes its a tablespoon, and in the kitchen hierarchy I'm a cook. thanks for the kind words though.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']If you don't want to make the dough, pizza place often sell the dough.[/QUOTE]

This is true if its a local company. If you really want to try to start making good pizza, find a local place buy one ball of their dough. Then play with it you'll learn what pizza dough should look, smell, and feel like.

bread's done
Back