How do you play PSP games on your TV using PS3?

Poor2More

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I was wondering can I play Crisis Core on my TV that my PS3 is hooked up at, kinda like Remote play, if so pleas tell me how thank you

No, there is no way to play PSP games on the TV using the PS3. The ONLY way to play PSP games on the TV is if you have a PSP slim, HDTV, and component cables for the PSP.

Kind of like what I did before:
Toshiba7.jpg

which is just all kinds of sad really.

It nice that the slim has video output, but it would be pretty cool to be able to hook a PSP up to the PS3 and be able to play the UMD or whatever demos and stuff you had through ps3 with your DS3.

Hell, I'd PAY for that functionally, sorta like Nintendo's Super Gameboy cartridges.

[quote name='robobagins']which is just all kinds of sad really.

It nice that the slim has video output, but it would be pretty cool to be able to hook a PSP up to the PS3 and be able to play the UMD or whatever demos and stuff you had through ps3 with your DS3.[/quote]There are programs out there that let you use a PS2 controller with your PSP. PC is involved as a middle man.

Yea I wish they would add "reverse" remote play in a future firmware update.. Doubt they will

[quote name='The Mana Knight']No, there is no way to play PSP games on the TV using the PS3. The ONLY way to play PSP games on the TV is if you have a PSP slim, HDTV, and component cables for the PSP.

Kind of like what I did before:
[/quote]

Man I was thinking about getting those cables but I didn't think it made it that small on the screen. Can that be zoomed in at all? That's a ton of wasted space.

[quote name='ryu489']Man I was thinking about getting those cables but I didn't think it made it that small on the screen. Can that be zoomed in at all? That's a ton of wasted space.[/QUOTE]You can change display if you have zoom features on your TV. The reason it doesn't change is because the aspect ratio of the PSP is slightly different, and if the images is stretched too much, the quality will get really bad.
[quote name='robobagins']which is just all kinds of sad really.

It nice that the slim has video output, but it would be pretty cool to be able to hook a PSP up to the PS3 and be able to play the UMD or whatever demos and stuff you had through ps3 with your DS3.

Hell, I'd PAY for that functionally, sorta like Nintendo's Super Gameboy cartridges.[/QUOTE]Sony wouldn't really do it though. Their main goal is to have the PSP act as a controller for the PS3 (which is why there is remote play). I don't think Sony would because their main goal is to push PSP as a handheld device.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']
Sony wouldn't really do it though. Their main goal is to have the PSP act as a controller for the PS3 (which is why there is remote play).[/quote]

Only problem is all this crap Sony wants the developers don't give a shit about. SIXAXIS was a joke and I bet even Gran Turismo 5 will scrap using the PSP as a rearview. And with all these PSP games getting quick ports to PS2, Sony is basically throwing it all away on the handheld market. They could crush the DS if they gave a shit. My guess is it's a PS1 scenario where they don't care if it succeeds, they just use it to get their foot in the door and wreck the competition's ass with the second generation product (ie: PS2).

[quote name='crunchb3rry']My guess is it's a PS1 scenario where they don't care if it succeeds, they just use it to get their foot in the door and wreck the competition's ass with the second generation product (ie: PS2).[/quote]

Yeah, saw something on a touch screen patent they have recently.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Only problem is all this crap Sony wants the developers don't give a shit about. [/quote]No.
SIXAXIS was a joke
Try High Velocity Bowling or Folklore.
and I bet even Gran Turismo 5 will scrap using the PSP as a rearview.
That would be fine.
And with all these PSP games getting quick ports to PS2,
Has SCEJ or SCEE done this? Only SCEA has done this to a few games because they care about being profitable. Daxter didn't get ported because it did well. I love the PSP and all, but the bad news is many of the games just didn't sell and SCEA had to find a way to get their money back.

Sony is basically throwing it all away on the handheld market.
If they were, then tell me why they are making a feature where people can copy a blu-ray disc to the PSP, and the PSP Store is still coming (without a PC)??
They could crush the DS if they gave a shit.
When Sony PUT a lot of support into PSP (giving it several games) DS was outselling it. The trick is Nintendo brought a new group of people into the DS and expanded the market (something Sony did not do) and that's part of the reason it has outsold it. Also, handheld games tend to have the younger audience mostly, and most younger people just won't get a PSP (since it's more complicated, easier to break, and UMD based).
My guess is it's a PS1 scenario where they don't care if it succeeds,
If Sony didn't care about PS1 succeeding, Ken K. wouldn't have courted several developers like Square to make games for PS1. That's what let to most of its success (along with appealing to an older age group, which was mostly untapped.
they just use it to get their foot in the door and wreck the competition's ass with the second generation product (ie: PS2).
PS2 did very well because it had no competition for a time period (Sega killed Dreamcast, Xbox and GC weren't even out). Oh course it had tons of hype early too.

bread's done
Back