How do you power your 360 controller?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Considering the battery packs are rechargable AAs, I'd say this has zero merit.[/quote]

you cant stick the battery packs in other electronic devices

I was referring to the 'last longer' bit.

If you have kids, then go for the battery packs. Otherwise, all your batteries will end up in their toys.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I was referring to the 'last longer' bit.

If you have kids, then go for the battery packs. Otherwise, all your batteries will end up in their toys.[/quote]

yeah....i have an 18 month old and a 26 day old.....we FLY through batteries and the nyko packs will always be there when i need them as opposed to digging through the battery/junk drawer frantically in the middle of a game

no kids.. but i use a play and charge kit.. i mean why not.. i have two so i have one in the computer and one the 360 just in case I really need to use it.

for those using wired controllers what the heck? the best part of my 360 experience is that I don't have to get off the couch to go from TV to gaming.

we have several packs of rechargeable batteries that rotate between the 360 controllers, GH controller, and wii controllers. a little more cost effective to cross batteries between different controllers and tv remotes than buying several play and charge kits that only work for one thing.

Quick charge kit. Bought an extra controller on amazon that came with a play and charge kit, but I didn't find that convenient so then I bought a quick charge kit both for the charger and because I needed a battery for my second controller.

If not for getting the amazon deal on the controller with play and charge kit, I'd have just picked up some more rechargeable AAs and went with those like I do for the Wii controllers.

[quote name='jman619']I figured this topic was going to be how do you power on your 360? [/QUOTE]

For that I use my 360 Harmony remote. :D Love that thing, don't know how I went so many years without having a Harmony remote given all the crap I have hooked up to my tv/stereo.

At first I used alkalines but found that to be wasteful.

Then moved on to eneloops.

But using cells in a battery carrier annoyed the friggin' shit out of me. I had to shake the carrier so violently to dislodge the cell or use pliers.

I picked up a play & charge kit at a FYE clearance sale. It wouldn't hold a charge while playing but maybe that was a fluke. I tried to charge it with stand by mode but that was NOISY! Not to mention, I don't want to add wear and tear to my 360. I just use my PC to charge it.

I ordered a wired controller from the GoGamer deal. I might go with wired because my 360 right next to my TV and I like to sit close.

As much I like the 360 pad (not the d-pad and shoulder buttons) I'm surprised more cags aren't outraged by M$ piss poor implementation of their controller scheme. Like having to pay for a charge kit and using a battery carrier.

[quote name='PocariSweat']
As much I like the 360 pad (not the d-pad and shoulder buttons) I'm surprised more cags aren't outraged by M$ piss poor implementation of their controller scheme. Like having to pay for a charge kit and using a battery carrier.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to pay for a charge kit. You can use AA batteries. It's an option... an option I don't have on my PS3.

i have rechargeable sets of rechargeables that i keep rotating. before it was some energizers but now i have some eneloops (which i think are much better, not to mention newer). never saw the worth in the charge kit over rechargeables, as long as i kept a pair charged i wouldn't have an issue with not being able to play, while still having a greater option to where i wanted to use the batteries.

[quote name='PocariSweat']I'm surprised more cags aren't outraged by M$ piss poor implementation of their controller scheme. Like having to pay for a charge kit and using a battery carrier.[/quote]

from day 1 the 360 has been a modular system.....they had the 2 sku's from which you picked and then after that you chose what you wanted to upgrade on the system from everything they offered...

Wired Controller mostly.

For the coop controller I use Eneloops. Fantastic Hybrid Metal Hydride rechargeables that retain charge like an alkaline (As in literally hold their charge for a year or MORE until you actually use them.) Flexible, unlike a charge kit.

I use Eneloops in everything I can. AAAs for remotes, AAs for random electronics. If they made Eneloop 9 volts, I'd even use those in my various alarm systems.

Yep, play and charge kit ftw. Once the controller's fully charged, you can unplug the wire and play wirelessly. I tried using AA batteries, but I sometimes go weeks without playing my 360, and they'd be dead the next time I turn my controller on (too lazy to take the batteries out whenever I'm not using the system).

bread's done
Back