How Do You Recheck Your System's HD if You Think You Are Getting Wrong Readings?

Fire

CAGiversary!
I just deleted a ton of stuff off of my computer and when I check to see the space available on my C drive it still comes off as the wrong amount. I remember that there is a way to specify through a cmd to have it recheck itself, but I don't remember what.

thanks in advance.

You might be able to do what you want if you go to Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management. Then right click on the disk/partition you want to look at and click Properties. Under Tools in that, there is an Error Checking button. Is that what you're looking for?

[quote name='GuyWithGun']You might be able to do what you want if you go to Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management. Then right click on the disk/partition you want to look at and click Properties. Under Tools in that, there is an Error Checking button. Is that what you're looking for?[/QUOTE]

Yaeh that basically does what I was after. And I just remembered what it was that I usually ran through a command prompt - chkdsk plus the fix if necessary. Thanks

bread's done
Back