How do you remove a pen mark?

Predator21281

CAGiversary!
So, for a silent auction in a charity event that I help run, I won a Michael Phelps signed Olympic cap. Now, the problem is, someone writing down a bid on the sheet, for whatever reason, marked the cap with a blue pen. Is there any way to safely remove the pen mark without damaging the cap?
111si.jpg

[quote name='Predator21281']Think acetone would work? I'm going to try the hairspray idea tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Probably- but acetone also seriously effects some materials. If that hat's synthetic material (and I bet it is), you could seriously screw it up.

I'd try a Mr. Clean magic eraser to start with. Goo Gone/Goof Off has taken pen off the counters where I work, but I'm not sure how it would work on your hat (depends on just how porus it is, I guess.)

Always used acetone in chem labs to clean glass, plastic, rubber, etc. Takes off permanent marker fine. But I would make sure it's pure acetone if you try it. Who knows what's in nail polish remover that could cause damage.

Have you tried simply rubbing the area with a wet paper towel? Or try using a regular eraser (as in school supply).

That looks like it's from a ball point pen and not a felt tip marker, so it really should come off easily.

bread's done
Back