How does a CAG celebrate one's b-day

Lord_Kefka

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Since I'm a whore for the little bit of attention, I'm here to say it's my B-Day!

Question CAG:

What do you do on your b-days?
What places give freebies or give you a little extra special treatment?

Note: I'm planning on going out tonight with the g/f. But I don't really have any idea of where to go.

Help!

You don't have to lie to us, we know you don't have a girlfriend. We here at CAG, accept you for what you are, just come out of the closet.

well i had a terrible birthday about 3 weeks ago. i got rejected cause she just wants to be "friends" and got food poisoning the same night.

I usually do my birthday in a couple parts. A group dinner and then a party/club gathering. That way I have a mix of good clean fun and drunken chaos. Then of course theres the closer friends and people who can't make it who want to take you out to eat on their own accord. Works out well.

And since my birthday is in the Summer, I'll usually throw a BBQ the week after as kind of part of my birthday since its like a thank you. People fed me so I feed them back kinda thing :lol:

If you're looking for freebies Red Robin and Cold Stone Creamery have a birthday club. It's free, you sign up on their respective websites, and you get a coupon for a free burger and free ice cream. I've used this the last two years.

Go to Macaroni Grill. It's nice enough for a good date, and they sing Happy Birthday in Italian (they also give you a piece of cake, but the singing is more important).

[quote name='Immortal fWd']If you're looking for freebies Red Robin and Cold Stone Creamery have a birthday club. It's free, you sign up on their respective websites, and you get a coupon for a free burger and free ice cream. I've used this the last two years.[/quote]

You can also do the same for the Black Angus Steakhouse "Prime Club" to get a free dessert just for signing up, and a free steak dinner on your birthday!

Prime Club Signup

Locations

BTW, happy birthday!

I'm signing up all these places. lol. Maybe Macaroni Grill if nothing pans out. I did just have a friend call about doing a double date thing and getting some drinks.

Any other traditions? Do you splurge on games or dig into an old favorite?

Thanks for the b-day wishes dorae!

go to Mitsuwa marketplace for some sushi & shopping.

only thing i know near Schaumburg/Arlington Heights.

edit: hit up nickel city but not on your b-day.....

[quote name='naiku']go to Mitsuwa marketplace for some sushi & shopping.

only thing i know near Schaumburg/Arlington Heights.

edit: hit up nickel city but not on your b-day.....[/quote]

Blah. Forget Mitsuwa on the bday. I only go there when I wanna chill w/ friends on a Sunday morning. For the big ticket, it's sushi at Japonais next week on Wednesday. :cool:

It's my fiance's birthday in a few so I'm treating him to a weekend in Philadelphia. Good food, bowling at Lucky Strike, sexy time, yummy desserts, and presents.
If you live near a Rita's, you can get free ice cream if you go to the website and sign up. I think it's the same with Applebee's.

For anyone curious, the winning answer was "drunk".

I had tried to wrangle together some grand plans of having a few drinks, going to dinner with the GF and some friends, and then snuggling up.

Reality was the CFO of our company said "we're peer pressuring you. Come have a drink with us". Many many shots later the GF comes to join us and I'm already blitzed. She takes my drunk ass home and crashes with me even though I'm passed out and oblivious.

Surprisingly, she was completely cool with the entire thing. Probably since it's still a new relationship and I haven't started pissing her off yet. :)

You gotta piss her off now to see if she's a keeper. If she goes bat shit then you gotta find someone else who can put up with your shit! Kudos.

Tomorrow is my fiance's and I'm throwing her a pizza makign party, I'm buying the dough, the sauce and all kinds of fixins and just lettin groups make their own pizzas for food.

Really it's just a party, but the pizza thing is something for people to do besides play wii sports and drinking games.

[quote name='pittpizza']Tomorrow is my fiance's and I'm throwing her a pizza makign party, I'm buying the dough, the sauce and all kinds of fixins and just lettin groups make their own pizzas for food.

Really it's just a party, but the pizza thing is something for people to do besides play wii sports and drinking games.[/QUOTE]
Dude that sounds awesome! Do you have a large oven to keep the pizzas coming? And also.. can I come?

My birthday is August 17. Last couple of years, it's sucked. Last year I had to work 12+ hours, it was the one day of the year I was told I couldn't get off. The year before that I had a major film project due, so I was up at 5:30 to start shooting at 6 AM, and didn't finish the project till about 9 PM. It was my 21st so I had a drink with dinner and then passed out.

I have a lot more fun on my friends' birthdays. Since most of my friends work at colleges/universities my birthday is usually right during move-in time, so it sucks.

My birthday is August 18th. It does fall around school start time but more of a reason to have one last big event before Summer ends.

Anybody in the Twin-cities area should swing by the Cherokee Sirloin Room in either West St Paul or Eagan on the Thursday of your B-Day week. Get a free sirloin steak dinner that would normally cost you about $26. I think you have to have another person with you buy an entree but I can't recall for sure. Good food and great service!

My birthday usually (as in the last several years) entails college exams and catching the flu from being in a room full of unwashed drunken coeds also taking said exams. As often as I get sick, I should be immune by now.

Two years ago though, I had an operation and then after I recovered, my friend came and got me and we watched a night shuttle launch. That broke up the birthday monotony some.

bread's done
Back