How does Amazon pack DS games?

Batcave Dweller

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm thinking of ordering a DS game from Amazon (direct from their warehouse, not Marketplace sellers) but am curious to know how they pack such items for shipment. I recently ordered a DS game from Walmart and it came in a plastic envelope...no bubbles....that I didn't care for. I like getting DS cases in great shape..and y'know they can't be replaced (unlike DVD or jewel cases).

What's your experience, please?

TIA

Amazon has 3 ways of packing:

Bubble mailer
fold-over extra-heavy cardboard mailer
box

It really just depends on the location that ships it.

In my experience, it's usually shrinkwrapped tightly to a piece of cardboard and that is in a small box. DS cases are very sturdy anyway. I've never received a damaged one and I have over 100 DS games.

[quote name='Batcave Dweller']I like getting DS cases in great shape..and y'know they can't be replaced (unlike DVD or jewel cases).[/QUOTE]
Au contraire.

As for Amazon, they usually send my DS game orders in boxes or corrugated cardboard mailers. Never had a problem.

[quote name='Batcave Dweller']and y'know they can't be replaced (unlike DVD or jewel cases).[/QUOTE]
Someone needs to visit the Nintendo.com store.....

They sell them in sets of 1, 5, or 10.

[quote name='Altanis']Someone needs to visit the Nintendo.com store.....

They sell them in sets of 1, 5, or 10.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's good to know. Went there and did find them. Sweet. Thanks!

[quote name='whoknows']They just stick the shipping label on the game and send it like that.[/QUOTE]

Har... Har... Har...

Honestly though, I know you trying to keep impeccable condition of your DS games but I wouldn't worry about it. DS cases are some of the most resilient video game cases right up there with psp ones. Lets just hope they don't start making echo friendly DS cases.

[quote name='sdragon']Very carefully.[/QUOTE]
I'm glad someone finally said it. I was tempted originally to do that.

[quote name='Batcave Dweller'] I like getting DS cases in great shape..and y'know they can't be replaced (unlike DVD or jewel cases).
[/QUOTE]

Guess you weren't around during the "GBA custom case" craze, eh?

Official replacement cases are available direct from Nintendo for $1/each, $5/four, or $7/ten.

https://store.nintendo.com/

(click on parts, accessories & manuals, click on Nintendo DS, click on any version of DS, click on parts & accessories, and click on "game card case(s)". )

As for games from Amazon, I've gotten some in bubble mailers and some in boxes and they've all been minty fresh! :D

[quote name='Gameboy415']Guess you weren't around during the "GBA custom case" craze, eh?

Official replacement cases are available direct from Nintendo for $1/each, $5/four, or $7/ten.

https://store.nintendo.com/

(click on parts, accessories & manuals, click on Nintendo DS, click on any version of DS, click on parts & accessories, and click on "game card case(s)". )

As for games from Amazon, I've gotten some in bubble mailers and some in boxes and they've all been minty fresh! :D[/QUOTE]

Sure ain't. I'd love to see that GBA case customization thread.

And thanks for the info (again).

I've been a videogamer for decades but oddly enough, I have never bought video games online until that Walmart.com deal for Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story DS (came in a plastic bag...how typically cheap). In the past, I've always picked 'em up at retail when they're on sale or clearance.

I've bought stuff from Amazon before...the packers don't always have common sense especially for books. Anyways, I just came back to CAG recently after a brief visit back in 2008 and now I see an endless flow of bargains....deep, deep trouble I'm in. :)

[quote name='Batcave Dweller']Sure ain't. I'd love to see that GBA case customization thread.

And thanks for the info (again).

I've been a videogamer for decades but oddly enough, I have never bought video games online until that Walmart.com deal for Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story DS (came in a plastic bag...how typically cheap). In the past, I've always picked 'em up at retail when they're on sale or clearance.

I've bought stuff from Amazon before...the packers don't always have common sense especially for books. Anyways, I just came back to CAG recently after a brief visit back in 2008 and now I see an endless flow of bargains....deep, deep trouble I'm in. :)[/QUOTE]

Online is typically where you'll find the best deals... Especially Amazon. I almost exclusively buy my games from them.

bread's done
Back