How does Best Buy handle charging your account on preorders?

Lazer77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
90 (100%)
I am really picky about online banking after I had a little slip up a few years back. I just preordered four games from BeSt Buy, obviously all with different release dates.

Does Best Buy not charge until the order ships? Will I get some sort of notice email saying my account was charged $60 or whatever?

I'd rather just pay for it all up front and not have to worry about it but apparently that isn't an option.

I am really picky about online banking after I had a little slip up a few years back. I just preordered four games from BeSt Buy, obviously all with different release dates.

Does Best Buy not charge until the order ships? Will I get some sort of notice email saying my account was charged $60 or whatever?

I'd rather just pay for it all up front and not have to worry about it but apparently that isn't an option.
If you use a gift card for the purchase or Paypal, you're billed for the full amount immediately. I think it's the same case for a BB credit card.

If you use something else, like a debit card or a non-BB credit card, they auth your card once at time of purchase and let the auth fall off in a few days. They hit you again for the auth, which they turn into a charge, when they set it up for shipment, usually a few days before release to the date of release.

If you're really worried about it a GC/GCs large enough to pay for the online orders and it's no longer an issue.

bread's done
Back