How Does Price Matching Work?

rofljeff

CAGiversary!
Sorry if I posted in the wrong section. I'm not sure where to post it. This sounds like a very nooby question but I never price matched before and I wanna know how it works.

This should be in Deals Shopping and Discussion, but it's cool this once. :)

Price Matching is pretty simple. Most retailers have a "Lowest Price Guaranteed" policy or something like that. To Price Match, simply take a copy of a competitor's ad with you and show it to the cashier when you're checking out. Depending on the retailer, they'll change the price of what you're buying to the lower price in the ad.

It gets a little bit more complex when you start factoring in all the different policies of different retailers. For example, Best Buy prices matches to the lower price when you buy. However, if you buy the things then price match at the service counter, they give you an extra 10% of the difference.

Some places are dicks about it (Circuit City mainly), but it's pretty easy at most places.

at least help the guy when u flame...

bro, find a local advertisement from a competing store with the lower price. take said ad into store that you want to purchase item at, as the customer service dept. to match the other local stores advertised price.

key words:

local competing store. not amazon.
physical ad, make sure u bring it w/ you.

Also, most stores have a "will price match (PM) only if item is in stock at competing store". remember that.

(in for 12,000)

edit: beaten by logain

bread's done
Back