How does the BB in-store pick up work?

Nephets

CAGiversary!
Sorry to sound stupid, but, I'd rather not pay for shipping and I was thinking if I ordered something online tonight, I could pick it up tomorrow at the store. Do I just go to the in-store pick up option, print out something, and take it to the store?

It will check to make sure the item you want to pick up is in stock at the store you chose. From there, it's just order it, print out the reciept/instore pickup sheet, and go get it. Make sure you bring your credit card with because they will need to verify it.

[quote name='jbroush99']It will check to make sure the item you want to pick up is in stock at the store you chose. From there, it's just order it, print out the reciept/instore pickup sheet, and go get it. Make sure you bring your credit card with because they will need to verify it.[/quote]

Thank you. :D

Go at a odd time I went and had to wait like 20 minutes at the customer service desk. Then another 10 minutes because they gave me the wrong item. I am sure this was just a isolated incident though.

Just remember you have to wait until you get an e-mail from Best Buy informing you that your item is ready for pick up at the location. That is what you print out and bring in with your ID and credit card. You won't be able to pick it up until you get that e-mail.

I ordered all 8 Friends DVDs for pickup a week or two ago and got the e-mail an hour later, but another time (months ago) it took a day or two.

You do need to wait for the email, so the person who's picked the item has it back at Customer Service.

It normally takes a hour or two, but you do need to wait for the email, otherwise they give you blank looks or get irked at you for showing up early. :lol:

Bring the credit card you used to make the purchase as well as a photo ID. They can only put it on the card you used to make the purchase.

Also, if you have a Reward Zone card, you need to put it in on the order webpage, since they can't do it after the fact.

[quote name='shrike4242']Bring the credit card you used to make the purchase as well as a photo ID. They can only put it on the card you used to make the purchase.[/quote]

Actually they don't put it on your card at the store. You have paid in full and been charged via the website when you place the order. The card and id are for identification purposes.

[quote name='wubb'][quote name='shrike4242']Bring the credit card you used to make the purchase as well as a photo ID. They can only put it on the card you used to make the purchase.[/quote]

Actually they don't put it on your card at the store. You have paid in full and been charged via the website when you place the order. The card and id are for identification purposes.[/quote]

From what I saw them do on the credit card info for my debit card, they auth it and they finish up the transaction at the store, as the auth comes from one source with one vendor #, and the real transaction comes from another vendor #, which is the # from the store. They run the card to finish up the transaction. And yes, they use it to match the purchase to you, and the ID is just to make sure you're not scamming them.

Sad that I know all that, isn't it? :D

I was there last week and since I don't have INK in my printer, I just copied the order # and took it to Customer Service -- and I was able to pay for a couple of items I was buying the same day.

I ordered online to lock in the price for Halo ($14.99) as it was $30 on the day I showed up, BF.

Only thing that annoys me about in-store pick-up is it is not possible to pre-order items for in-store pick-up, so, for instance, you can't take advantage of dvd pre-order deals without paying shipping.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']I was there last week and since I don't have INK in my printer, I just copied the order # and took it to Customer Service -- and I was able to pay for a couple of items I was buying the same day.

I ordered online to lock in the price for Halo ($14.99) as it was $30 on the day I showed up, BF.[/quote]

Ha, you could order a printer and/or ink for in-store pickup and then call up the store and tell them you can't bring in the print out because you need the purchase to print...

Hmm, I think that was only funny in my head ;)

Supposedly they have a 30 minute floor policy for pick-ups but a two hour notice policy for emails.

In other words, from when you submit your order online BB expects to have pulled the product from the shelves and have it waiting for you in thirty minutes. But they specifically wait an hout to two hours before emailing notification in case something goes horribly, horribly wrong!

bread's done
Back