How dope will it be when 360 games become dirt cheap after next gen comes out

cfootball1

CAGiversary!
Similarity to when the 360 came out and Xbox games prices dropped dramatically. I, as a guy who buys 2 new games a year, should be able to pick up a ton of the games I missed cheap. If you think about the size of the collection of 360 games, it's going to be fun to go back and play all of them.

yeah, you think it's like that. I guess if you only play 2 games a year then you'll have a cornucopia...

but I picked up a lot of Xbox1 titles dirt cheap when the 360 started to hit its stride. and the games went almost untouched as I started getting into 360 titles. and there were lots of quality titles on the original Xbox that I keep telling myself I'll get to. But I get to them as much as I get to my SNES, MAME, Dreamcast, etc. games. For reminiscing with friends.

And I guess since Reagan's your hero, you're more of a classic gamer than contemporary gamer anyway.

Don't look now but that's already happened. Fantastic games like Dead Space 2, Bioshock 2, Borderlands, etc. were all cheap as dirt a couple months after release.

I just picked up about 10 games I had wanted for $15 or less each. Will I have time to play them? Sadly, no. But when I do eventually, they'll be fun, and I can flip them for a decent cut when I decide to.

[quote name='dirtyvu']yeah, you think it's like that. I guess if you only play 2 games a year then you'll have a cornucopia...

but I picked up a lot of Xbox1 titles dirt cheap when the 360 started to hit its stride. and the games went almost untouched as I started getting into 360 titles. and there were lots of quality titles on the original Xbox that I keep telling myself I'll get to. But I get to them as much as I get to my SNES, MAME, Dreamcast, etc. games. For reminiscing with friends.

And I guess since Reagan's your hero, you're more of a classic gamer than contemporary gamer anyway.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it will be like that though. The jump from Xbox to 360 was dramatic, but I don't think the next Gen will be as much of a jump. I feel like were hitting a peak in terms of graphics and 360 graphics will suffice for me.

[quote name='cfootball1']I don't think it will be like that though. The jump from Xbox to 360 was dramatic, but I don't think the next Gen will be as much of a jump. I feel like were hitting a peak in terms of graphics and 360 graphics will suffice for me.[/QUOTE]

yes, I agree that 360 games are already dirt cheap. you can pick up new quality titles for less than $10.

as for hitting a peak in terms of graphics. people say that during every previous generation. and then they see the next gen and go, "ooh, ahh". I still remember articles saying they can't possibly imagine games getting better than PS2 levels. how graphics were so realistic like toy Story.

[quote name='cfootball1']I don't think it will be like that though. The jump from Xbox to 360 was dramatic, but I don't think the next Gen will be as much of a jump. I feel like were hitting a peak in terms of graphics and 360 graphics will suffice for me.[/QUOTE]

A peak in terms of graphics?

The Xbox 360 video card is almost 7.5 years old. Have you ever played games on a modern PC?

3b2d1_ORIG-Dwight_Schrute_False_cropped.jpg

Someone is living in fantasy land and never used a modern gaming PC.

The video card in an Xbox 360 is basically an NVidia 7800GT or 7800GTX. Aka, technology from mid-2005.

Try playing on a PC built for gaming and using a top of the line video card.......and tell me there is no dramatic difference.

I am excited about the cheap stuff too.
I got Wii this time around because I didn't like the Xbox and couldn't afford PS3 until now.

I'm drooling over all the cool stuff I can go back and play now, and a lot of it is less than $20, quite a bit around $10 or so!

I'm like you though, I can't pay retail for a game, and a lot of the way I even get games is by selling the ones I have and buy used. I haven't opened a new game in at least a year, and I don't miss it. There really are some quality games that have a low cost this generation.

well i'm excited for the new gen consoles to come on out.. for one i want to see what new features they'll have and secondly i'm sure the 360 game will be a bit cheaper. but who knows.

[quote name='Calipso']

The video card in an Xbox 360 is basically an NVidia 7800GT or 7800GTX. Aka, technology from mid-2005.

Try playing on a PC built for gaming and using a top of the line video card.......and tell me there is no dramatic difference.[/QUOTE]

THIS SO MUCH THIS.

I WANT A NEW XBOX ALREADY. Give me a far cry and crisis game that actually looks good on consoles. Give me a battlefield game that's capable of supporting 64 players on consoles!!!
Rawwaeaearayfatuchgacugcugyctyqcugkvkjhbkjnlkjnlkjbjwb,khbuhkjh

Poop.

yeah i still grab PS2 games now and then for like $2. when xbox360 games are regularly $5 and under i'll end up picking up a ton of mediocre games that arent really worth anything more. i never buy a console its first year out simply because its not worth it to me so i'll have plenty of things to hold me over.

Games are already dirt cheap already, in the UK literally 2-3 weeks after the release of Hitman its half price along with so many other games. Makes me wonder why so people still buy so many games on launch now.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Games are already dirt cheap already, in the UK literally 2-3 weeks after the release of Hitman its half price along with so many other games. Makes me wonder why so people still buy so many games on launch now.[/QUOTE]
i buyed hitman at lnaun with bestbuy credit it worth it 4 the fun of "new" gme u dnt have 2 mkae fun of others jus becus they do thing "diffrent" from u. i kno u werent tryin 2 insult neone but i feel insult.

I have to agree this gen prices on games have been dropping astronomically and very fast too. Last gen prices did not drop that much this quickly in general. There is also the newegg $12 off preorder deals which basically means you can get almost any new release over a certain price point for $12 less and I know that did not happen last gen.

[quote name='Calipso']

Try playing on a PC built for gaming and using a top of the line video card.......and tell me there is no dramatic difference.[/QUOTE]

Most likely the next Xbox will have 10 cores all with two threads. It will take about 2 years for PC's to catch up similar to when the 360 came out if you remember that time at all. Even then it won't be economical to buy/build a PC that's comparable with it for at least another year or so.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Games are already dirt cheap already, in the UK literally 2-3 weeks after the release of Hitman its half price along with so many other games. Makes me wonder why so people still buy so many games on launch now.[/QUOTE]

Precisely. Outside of a handful of games (mainly multiplayer stuff I know my friends will be playing), I wait for this reason. Really the only exceptions I make are for developers I know for. Fact make great games. It's almost the same way I handle movies, if you want to see quality or independent films, pay early and often. Nothing speaks louder than money.

bread's done
Back