How fat is your state?

I tend to disagree... anyone been to Hawaii? No way they're that low.. outside of the resorts, they're all morbidly obese. But woo for Ohio, still in the top ten.

Indiana Number 4 and I would believe it. Truly is a sad time though, some of these people can't even get up and shower, just wrong.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']I tend to disagree... anyone been to Hawaii? No way they're that low.. outside of the resorts, they're all morbidly obese. But woo for Ohio, still in the top ten.[/quote]

Ohio used to be the fattest state a few years back. Its good to see its slimming down -- or maybe the other states are outpacing Ohio(!).

[quote name='Cornfedwb']I tend to disagree... anyone been to Hawaii? No way they're that low.. outside of the resorts, they're all morbidly obese. But woo for Ohio, still in the top ten.[/quote]

Agreed. That is verrrry suspicious. The first thing I look for in a poll or statistical report is the group responsible for the findings. In this case, "a nonprofit public health group." They couldn't even cite the group by name. Probably because nobody has ever heard of them. No credibility worth mentioning. +1 vote of no confidence.

[quote name='ZeroSupporT']Indiana Number 4 and I would believe it. Truly is a sad time though, some of these people can't even get up and shower, just wrong.[/quote]

Illinois is #24? How can Indiana be beating Illinois? C'mon now, let's wolf down some more pork tenderloin sandwiches, Chicago-style hot dogs, with a side of fries. And skip the Diet Coke.

BTW...I used to live in Boulder and Ft. Collins, Colorado and I must agree with the poll. People out there were healthy and HAPPY!

this report makes me happy to be from the state of Alabama and be going to a school in Mississippi. I guess i'm going to be double fat when it's all done.

AND. . . .

[quote name='doubledown']Phew, still in the top 10...#8 for MI[/quote]

are you happy to be in the top 10?

I didn't figure 4 for Indiana, but after thinking about it, it makes since. I guess for every 4 people I see, atleast 1 of them is obese.

Somebody should match this list up with the Smartest States list that was just on here. MA seems to be one of the smartest, thinnest states around it seems.

Weird, I was watching the news the other day about Western New Yorkers being only 39% overweight compared to the New York average of 48%.

So the study is obesity, not just overweight. That may answer the Hawaii question.

49th, but we're 3rd down from the list. Wouldn't that be the 48th...? I don't get why there's 51 states on there, and my head hurts too much to see which one they added twice, or what # they skipped.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']49th, but we're 3rd down from the list. Wouldn't that be the 48th...? I don't get why there's 51 states on there, and my head hurts too much to see which one they added twice, or what # they skipped.[/quote]
District of Columbia gets its own. I was wondering the same thing, too :D

[quote name='evilmax17']Somebody should match this list up with the Smartest States list that was just on here. MA seems to be one of the smartest, thinnest states around it seems.[/quote]

That's why Massachusets is always getting stuffed into garbage cans or pushed into the girls bathroom.

[quote name='6669'][quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']49th, but we're 3rd down from the list. Wouldn't that be the 48th...? I don't get why there's 51 states on there, and my head hurts too much to see which one they added twice, or what # they skipped.[/quote]
District of Columbia gets its own. I was wondering the same thing, too :D[/quote]

Ah, so that explains it. Thanks. At least I know I'm not starting to hallucinate because of my headache

/:headache: *goes to attempt to find medicine*

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x'][quote name='6669'][quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']49th, but we're 3rd down from the list. Wouldn't that be the 48th...? I don't get why there's 51 states on there, and my head hurts too much to see which one they added twice, or what # they skipped.[/quote]
District of Columbia gets its own. I was wondering the same thing, too :D[/quote]

Ah, so that explains it. Thanks. At least I know I'm not starting to hallucinate because of my headache

/:headache: *goes to attempt to find medicine*[/quote]

Well, I hoe you feel better. I'm goin to a kegger tonight with the b/f, so I'll probably have more than a headache tomorrow.

:beer:

:puke:

[quote name='BigNick']wow, WI is only 35.[/quote]

I'm surprised too. I guess Milwaukee just makes the rest of us look bad.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='BigNick']wow, WI is only 35.[/quote]

I'm surprised too. I guess Milwaukee just makes the rest of us look bad.[/quote]

lol People eat brats like they are going out of style! Everyone drinks, I would have guessed top 15.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']Have fun. >_< my fun doesn't start till tomorrow : )[/quote]

Thanx, gotta go to class now :evil:

[quote name='zewone']23rd for California. I expected it to be higher.[/quote]

Why would you expect California to be higher? Everyone is a member of a gym. Even the fat asses in California try to work out in the gym.

I watched Super Size Me and i thought he said Texas was the fattest state.

[quote name='BigNick']wow, WI is only 35.[/quote]

No way that can be right. Brats and Beer help us add some extra fat to stay warm in winter.

why is it that the majority of fat ass states are in the south?

*get ready for redneck jokes that include beer and inbreeding*

Shocker... Alabama is number :roll:

Of course I am 5 11 and 155 punds... so I guess I am in the minority in this state :lol:

And NO... I am not a native Alabamian

Here's one more Hoosier. I expected us to be up there, but not that high. In Fort Wayne, it seems that there are more food places than stores.

[quote name='RandyTsai']I watched Super Size Me and i thought he said Texas was the fattest state.[/quote]

I think it normally depends on how they define "fattest". I know in the city poll it includes climate and outdoor activity possibilities. This is part of the reason that Houston is either #1 or close to it every year. I think that "study" is always in Men's Health. Houston is full of fatties, though. Don't blame 'em for not going outside. They have the worst climate in the world down there.

Also, I know in Texas we are probably so fat b/c we have the highest average number of times to eat out in a week in the nation. I think the nat'l average is 4 and we're at 7 or so. It's not at quaint locally owned joints most of the time either. We're talking fatty mass-produced crap like Chilis. I don't notice so many chain restaurants the farther I travel North.

[quote name='zman73']Shocker... Alabama is number :roll:

Of course I am 5 11 and 155 punds... so I guess I am in the minority in this state :lol:

And NO... I am not a native Alabamian[/quote]

you better love fucking fat chicks dude haha

bread's done
Back