How good is www.japanvideogames.com?

Bravelionheart

CAGiversary!
I'm thinking of buying an imported PSP from them, since they have it the cheapest shipped out of any other import site. But I wanted to know if they're a god site to buy from; there isn't much I've found on the 'net about them, so I don't know how people feel about them, their experiences with them, etc. I've seen them get mixed reviews at ResellerRatings, so... what do you guys think? How've they been when you've bought from them?

[quote name='sasukekun']http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Japan_Video_Games_Inc

http://whois.domaintools.com/japanvideogames.com

Seems like a 50/50 shot. Would recommend Play-asia.com if you are looking for imports though. They are a little on the pricey side, but the site is A LOT more reliable.[/quote]
Er... I mentioned in the OP that I'd read their rating on ResellerRatings, and that that's why I'm asking here, to get the opnions and experiences of other CAGs with them.

But thanks.

EDIT: Gah, edited while I was posting. :p Yeah, normally I like Play-Asia, but their price of PSPs have gone up, and a $30 difference in total price is no small thing.

[quote name='sasukekun']http://us.yesasia.com/en/index.aspx

I've ordered from them before, they have a shipping center in California.

They also accept Paypal, which is nice.[/quote]
Yep, I've seen them around. They're still quite expensive, though. The markup for the PSP is pretty outrageous ($50, or 1/4 the PSP's market price in Japan). But thanks.

Anyone else have any experiences with this company?

they are ok. they have things out of stock that still says in stock. and they will email you asking if you want to order other things.

[quote name='garbagestar34']http://bestsku.com

You guys should try this site, I get my import games from there. There in califonia and they accpet pay pal. Also there domestic games are super cheap... hope this helps![/quote]
joined today? first post is a website? how SPAMIRIFIC is that? SPAMILICIOUS DEALS!

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']i shop at the b&m store from time to time. Great service. I don't know about the website though.[/QUOTE]

I used to go once in a while when I lived in Monterey Park. The owner Jim is a cool guy.

I ordered the PSP Friday night, and just got an email saying its shipped. Woo! So far so good; I'll post once I receive it and a review, so that way anyone else looking for a review on them can find one.

Well, here's my promised review of the site.

www.japanvideogames.com -- Verdict: Good

I ordered my PSP from them because they had it at the cheapest price. After getting confirmation that my order was successful, I braced myself for any numbers of problems to arise. However, none did. A short while later, I was sent an email informing me my package had been shipped. Although the trackign feature didn't work for several days, leaving me anxious to know the exact whereabouts of my prized order, it shipped relatively quickly, and I watched (once the tracking feature began working) that it shipped about the country in short order, and arrived within little over a week after I ordered it.

Because my term was almost over, I didn't bother having it shipped to my dorm, so it wasn't until this past week that I finally got a chance to open the package. I wasn't happy that they didn't have more than a bubble-wrapped UPS envelope to protect my PSP box inside the shipping box, but the box was in pristine shape when I got it out.

As is usual with Japanese hardware, there was no factory seal on the box, but everything inside was still wrapped in the original factory plastic and in excellent condition. I snapped a bunch of pics of my unboxing, put on a screen protector I'd ordered (the regular Hori one from Play Asia), put the battery in, charged it, set it up, and I'm ready to go.

Overall, the experience was very positive, and I'm delighted with my new PSP, as is my bank account for not being broken trying to get it (Play-Asia would've been at least $30 more). I'll definitely be ordering some more stuff from them in the future. :)

[quote name='Sinnbox']Just wondering, Arent PSP's region free?[/quote]
Yep! Unfortunately, Sony only releases a majority of different colour and special edition systems in Japan, so the only way to get them is through importing one. (Like the Crisis Core Special Edition PSP). On the plus side, I can now se the 1seg TV tuner peripheral if I'm ever in Japan. ;)

bread's done
Back