How hard can it be?

piercey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has ever replaced their faceplate for the PSP. I saw a nice custom one the other day and was wondering how hard is it?

Not hard at all, I charge my friends like 10 bucks for me to do it when the labor is only worth like 2 -.-''

It's pretty straight forward stuff. All you do is unscrew any screw you see on the PSP and then pull off the faceplate (remember to unscrew that one screw on the bottom, and ones on the top if you've got a Slim where you plug in the USB cord, as I forgot to do so and slightly cracked that part of my faceplate on my old PSP).

After that common sense should tell you to just slide the new faceplate in and rescrew the screws back on the PSP. That is a brilliant idea Xrazor, I should charge people too if they ask me. I should remind you to be very gentle with the screws since I managed to strip one of them during my first time doing it and couldn't get it out.

Yeah man. I made that same mistake on my first PSP, unfortunateley most people who are new at modding thier PSP learn the hard way =(

it's really rather easy. Involves unscrewing a few screws then swapping the face plates out and screwing it back together.

[quote name='Xrazor']I would like to mention since no-one has yet, this does void your warranty![/quote]

Is there a sticker or something you have to remove? If not, how would anyone know you removed it if you put back the original?

[quote name='Xrazor']I would like to mention since no-one has yet, this does void your warranty![/quote]
Warranty is expired, so I don't care.

Thanks for the responses guys. I watched one of the youtube videos and decided I'll probably do it.

New question, though, where is a good place to buy them? I've seen llama, but is there anywhere else? Thanks

[quote name='piercey']Warranty is expired, so I don't care.

Thanks for the responses guys. I watched one of the youtube videos and decided I'll probably do it.

New question, though, where is a good place to buy them? I've seen llama, but is there anywhere else? Thanks[/quote]
I'm getting mine from decalgirl.com :D

[quote name='b3b0p']Is there a sticker or something you have to remove? If not, how would anyone know you removed it if you put back the original?[/quote]
You have to remove the warranty sticker

Let me just add to make sure you have a can of compressed air to shoot out any dust. Because otherwise (at least in my experience), you get some dust trapped in it, no matter what you do. I probably opened mine up 20-25 times before finally buying a can of air.

bread's done
Back