How I got Guitar Hero 2 (360) Cheap

theeipi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)
So, here's what I did:

First I had a 15/100 coupon for CC so I bought Guitar Hero 2 with 2 points cards for about $103 after NY taxes (8+%) - $95 before taxes and picked up in store,

While there, I couldn't find an extra guitar, so I bought another guitar with points card for $98 - $90 before taxes.

Then I went to Gamestop and traded in the game for $33 after bonuses and purchased 2 more points cards with that credit plus $7 other credit.

Then I sold all 5 points cards on EBAY for $108 after fees.

In all I spent:

$201 cash + $7 credit - $108 cash = about $100

and got Guitar Hero 2 (360) with 2 guitars. My only regret is that I didn't have an extra CC card! (Well, actually I did have one but I used it to purchase the MIO GPS unit!)

Not too shabby a deal!

[quote name='ZerotypeX']seems like a lot of work....you forgot to factor in ebay fees (sorry for being picky)[/quote]
Well, CC and Gamestop are across the street from each other. All in all, I saved $50 (62 after tax) in less than an hour.

Also, you obviously missed in the OP:

"Then I sold all 5 points cards on EBAY for $108 after fees."

I counted EBAY fees in that price.

when you say you "traded in the game", which game are you referring to? GHII? 'cause if so, how do you still have it?

EDIT: nevermind. i just noticed that when you say you bought "another guitar", you meant Guitar Hero II w/guitar.

[quote name='theeipi']Well, CC and Gamestop are across the street from each other. All in all, I saved $50 (62 after tax) in less than an hour.

Also, you obviously missed in the OP:

"Then I sold all 5 points cards on EBAY for $108 after fees."

I counted EBAY fees in that price.[/quote]

:wall:....my bad, should have looked at it closer. Saving $50 isnt to shabby

[quote name='mvick007']who pays extra for MS points? this is based on you making almost 22 per card after fees[/quote]
Actually, the average price on ebay is way above market value. A bunch sell for 24.99 and 29.99 shipped.

I sold some to a guy in the UK with a confirmed/verified address. He said he had a US Live account to access US demos and arcade games and therefore needed US point codes.

bread's done
Back