How I hate the avg ebay buyer during tis holiday

SpartanWarrior

CAGiversary!
I sold GTA:LCS on PSP on NOV 15, 2005 at 7:45 pm. The user is fairly new who bought it, only 8 feedbacks, while I have 387 feedback. The user contacting me today with this email...Only after 30 hours of close of auction.

[font=Arial, Verdana]ok, i gave you more than a day to answer, i want a refund or you to send the game today!
i have no time for this, so, give the money back or send me my game, please don't make me satrt a complain and have to file claims with paypal

Not even 48 hours after close of auction, and I told her friday I would send in the morning and her reply.....

Friday? The auction closed 2 days ago and I paid for priority shipping which means I should have it on friday(2-3 days shipping) not bein sent on Friday.

I hate people who dont understand the rules on ebay (seller has up to 7 days after payment is recieved to send item) but I never wait that long and 90% of the time I have it sent on the 3rd day or sooner.
[/font]

Sorry to say but I have to agree with the buyer on this one. What's the point of paying for priority shipping if your gonna sit on the item for more than a day, 2 max.

Ye, if the buyer is paying priority price (which no doubt is at least) double the reg cost then I would hope you try and get it out ASAP. If a seller ever waited 7 days to ship my item I would be bummed. at least you responded, that's good.

I think eBay should change their policy if that is truly the case - I think I remember reading that somewhere but had forgot. Maybe I've just been lucky, as most of my experiences (about 95%) have been tremendously positive on eBay and many have arrived within a few days with even regular shipping.

On the other end, I've learned if you MUST have a game right away and it outweighs, heaven forbid, your frugalness you should not buy from an auction site OR use media mail. I've had a few experiences with both of those methods where I had to wait like two or three excruciating weeks to get my game!

You know the routine, I'm sure. It's Saturday day and your game still :bomb: hasn't come so you realize that you're not going to be playing it over the weekend.

That's why I put First Class Shipping in auction description and send Priority for the bigger items anyway, like PSP, etc.

Customer is always right!...hehe..8-[

I had a f||cker complaining that it was no game in a factory sealed GBA box and he had only 1 feedback, but I new it had a game inside. It had the same weight as others. Try to defend that?! Had to send him a game card to shut him up......but I peed all over it. Hope it played after that. :beer: Never got my feedback... :roll: IKIK

As a buyer I wouldn't count on the seller doing any more than the bare minimum. But as a seller I do everything I can to be one of the top sellers out there. Helps that I can print my postage at home, but I typically mail stuff out within 24 hours of payment and everyone gets an e-mail with a DC number (automatically). Does wonders for the feedback.

I'd say your buyer was being a little unreasonable, but s/he did pay for upgraded shipping only to have you wait 3 days before mailing. The buyer's tone is a bit nasty, but the sentiment is understandable.

From what you pasted it also sounds like they e-mailed you asking when you would ship and you didn't respond until they sent the follow-up... Over a day later. Think of it from their side. They paid you a good amount of money -- I'm guessing over $40 -- e-mail you for an update of what's going on and dont' get a reply. Yes a little impatient, but they are perhaps paranoid about getting ripped.

This is why I insist on waiting for buyers to leave feedback *First*. By the way, this policy is CLEARLY stated in my auctions.

But this is the reason. Buyers can completely ruin the entire transaction long after they have paid. I laugh when someone expects me to immediately leave positive feedback just because they paid. There is a lot that can happen between their payment and their receiving the item, and 90% of whether the experience is positive or negative for me occurs during that period.

Wow you guys are really impatient. I always get my stuff 1 to 3 weeks after auction ends. If I want it fast I go buy it at the store. I always pay the same day/right after I win it also.

I agree with the buyer. Don't offer priority shipping if you're not going to rush ass to get it out.

"Yeah, I offer next day delivery, but I wont send it out for a week.

Just bad taste.

I think as a seller you are being a dick if you only leave feedback after the buyer leaves it. As a seller I leave feedback as soon as I hear from the buyer that they recieved the item and are happy with it. This is usually after they leave feedback, but sometimes I get a simple email that they got it and are happy with it. As a seller I shouldn't hold it over their head that they have to leave me positive feedback to get positive feedback.

The only reason a seller would do this is if they intend on giving retaliatory feedback.

[quote name='sega-trader']I think as a seller you are being a dick if you only leave feedback after the buyer leaves it. As a seller I leave feedback as soon as I hear from the buyer that they recieved the item and are happy with it. This is usually after they leave feedback, but sometimes I get a simple email that they got it and are happy with it. As a seller I shouldn't hold it over their head that they have to leave me positive feedback to get positive feedback.

The only reason a seller would do this is if they intend on giving retaliatory feedback.[/QUOTE]
I disagree....For my first year on ebay, I would leave feedback as soon as payment was received...I sell about 120 zippo's a month on ebay on avg...I would get about 20 feedbacks left for me....then I got my only negative, due to wasn't what the buyer was looking for...How the fuck was that my fault.....I switched and left feedback for people after they took the time to leave me feedback, and I haven't had any problems, and now about 95% of the people take the time to leave me feedback...the only time I ever leave negative is if they don't pay without a reasonable excuse...if they can take the time to make some story up, I just get my credit for the listing from ebay for mutually decided to withdraw...and I don't leave any feedback.

I sold all of my Transformers last December (I made over $1,000!) and one lady bought Huffer off of me for $5 (the cheapest any of them sold for) and sent me two emails a day from when the auction ended asking me the status. I had it in the mail (regular USPS with DC) the day after the auction ended and she emailed me until it arrived and each one was saying things like it was for her husband for Christmas and it better get there by then, etc. Have you ever seen this Transformer? It's a POS and it wasn't even in great condition (she knew before buying). Anyway, it all worked out in the end because she left positive feedback but what a pain in the ass.

[quote name='chosen1s']This is why I insist on waiting for buyers to leave feedback *First*. By the way, this policy is CLEARLY stated in my auctions.

But this is the reason. Buyers can completely ruin the entire transaction long after they have paid. I laugh when someone expects me to immediately leave positive feedback just because they paid. There is a lot that can happen between their payment and their receiving the item, and 90% of whether the experience is positive or negative for me occurs during that period.[/QUOTE]

I also require buyers in my auctions to leave feedback 1st, , but if I am the buyer I always wait for the seller to leave my fb 1st. The reason for this is that I once had a bad experience with a seller, left neg. fb, and then they maliciously negatived me in retaliation. It was a seller that a lot of people had issues with at around the same time, so it wasn't just me.

What I hate is when someone waits until the last minute buying a game as a gift and need it right away. Like someone will buy a game Friday night and say in the Paypal payment message area: "Please ship out tomorrow because it's a gift for my son's birthday on Tuesday." Maybe they shouldn't be buying gifts at the last minute on EBay if they need them quickly.

I always say the same thing, once I mail the game it's in control of the post office (but I do ship as fast as I can)

[quote name='SpartanWarrior'][font=Arial, Verdana]

Not even 48 hours after close of auction, and I told her friday I would send in the morning and her reply.....

[/font][/QUOTE]

Funny I had a women do that to me a month ago, granted she was nicer about it but she started bugging me about if a game had shipped. The greatest part is that she selected to buy it now late saturday night and send me this email on monday, a monday that happened to be a federal holiday.

I only charge 4 bucks for priority shipping, and my AUCTION info clearly states all items will be sent 1-3 days after payment is recieved, the thibng is they won the auction at night(post office close), next day Iget that email about disputing and getting paypal charge back after one day lol. I have 380+ flawless feedback and a power seller, my auction guide lines clearly states 1-3 days item will be sent

[quote name='dark-star']I also require buyers in my auctions to leave feedback 1st, , but if I am the buyer I always wait for the seller to leave my fb 1st. The reason for this is that I once had a bad experience with a seller, left neg. fb, and then they maliciously negatived me in retaliation. It was a seller that a lot of people had issues with at around the same time, so it wasn't just me.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you sound like a great asset to the ebay community!

[quote name='zionoverfire']Funny I had a women do that to me a month ago, granted she was nicer about it but she started bugging me about if a game had shipped. The greatest part is that she selected to buy it now late saturday night and send me this email on monday, a monday that happened to be a federal holiday.[/QUOTE]

Our PO is open 24/7 for self service. :roll: I'm sure you would've kept your lazy ASS home even if it was open anyway. I remeber you don't like to move IT much :mrgreen:

[quote name='SpartanWarrior']lol just got another email from here saying she needs it by sunday or neg feedback will be left, what the hell is up[/QUOTE]

Tell her to go get laid. Women are so impatient sometimes (thinking ..all the time)

I usually specify shipping in 3-5 business days which gives me breathign room should something more important pop up and I can't drive to the PO - but for the most part, things are usually in the mail in a day or two, same as CAG stuff

[quote name='sega-trader']As a seller I leave feedback as soon as I hear from the buyer that they recieved the item and are happy with it. [/QUOTE]Really? Well here's what happened to me: ME: "Great buyer! Paid immediately!" Then I opened my account and see this:

BUYER: "Three days passed and no item received. He's a scammer!!!" The buyer was a dick and I gave him a Positive when he really deserved a negative. Now I don't leave feedback until *after* the buyer receives the item and says they're happy.
[quote name='SpartanWarrior']"Friday? The auction closed 2 days ago and I paid for priority shipping which means I should have it on friday(2-3 days shipping) not bein sent on Friday." I hate people who dont understand the rules on ebay (seller has up to 7 days to send item)[/QUOTE](1) Priority mail is not 2-3 days ship. In fact, the post office makes no guarantee: "2 to 3 days average. Actual delivery may take up to 7 days"

(2) You are right. The buyer is wrong. Here's how I would reply:

The rules of Ebay allow me, the seller, up to 3 days to contact the buyer: "Buyers and sellers should contact each other within three business days after the listing ends." You agreed to these rules (a) when you signed up with Ebay and (b) when you bid on my item. I'm sorry you are disappointed, but these ARE the rules you agreed to. You are *contractually obligated* to these rules.

If you wish to terminate the transaction, that's fine, but you WILL receive a negative feedback PLUS a non-paying bidder strike. Both of these will seriously hurt your future transactions (you'll drop to only 80% positive feedback), and sellers will no longer wish to deal with you.

I recommend you complete the transaction.

P.S. I am not a business. *I am a person just like you.* I don't have time to drive to the post office every single day, because I have a full-time 50-hour-a-week job & a family to take care of. Again, just like you. I am extremely busy, and as a result, I only have time to ship once a week - fridays.

Again, I apologize if this wait time is inconvenient, but you agreed to the "upto 7 days shipment" when you joined the Ebay service.

"Our community is guided by five fundamental values:
"We believe people are basically good.
"We believe everyone has something to contribute.
"We believe that an honest, open environment can bring out the best in people.
"We recognize and respect everyone as a unique individual.
----> "We encourage you to treat others the way you want to be treated."

"Ebay"

troy - I'd bet that e-mail would be a great way to guarantee yourself some negative feedback.

Anyway, if you want to attempt to make this buyer happy I would offer to refund the difference between your lowest shipping rate and the rate they paid for (or even their entire S+H amount) - But still send the item Priority. Trust me it's worth refunding a few dollars to keep that eBay feedback pristine.

If you want to make the buyer happy you should send a $100 bill with the item when it ships or better yet go to the buyer's house and give him/her oral. You should get some positive feedback for that unless you aren't any good at oral.

[quote name='wubb']troy - I'd bet that e-mail would be a great way to guarantee yourself some negative feedback.[/QUOTE] It's worked in the past. The buyer apologized for his impatience, said he should have read the rules more closely, and asked me to send the game. I did. He got the game a week later. He left a positive. We're *sellers* not slaves. Just because the buyer wants his/her game mailed overnight, does NOT mean we are required to do it. Here's what Ebay says about it:

"I'm sorry to hear of the trouble. There isn't a set time frame for sellers to ship the items. Some sellers ship on certain days of the week only, while others ship the next business day after payment clears. It is not common for sellers to ship the item immediately. It is unreasonable for the buyer to demand you do. The negative feedback can be repealed & removed through Ebay's support service.

"We encourage sellers to state when they expect to ship the item in the listing so buyers know what to expect. For example, you could state that you will ship the day after payment clears. Or you could state that you'll ship within 5 business days. It is entirely up to you.

"I hope this has been helpful! Timothy ______ Ebay Billing Support"

By the way, not even *professional places* like amazon.com or ebgames ship immediately. Oftentimes I see my orders sitting idle 2-3 days before they are shipped. Why would an "average joe" like myself be expected to operate any differently than the "big boys"?

Ya know... I'm kinda surprised the original poster did not do what I just did (ask Ebay)?

troy

Expectations are a little high for sellers, don't you think? I send items the first postal business day after I receive payment for the item.
Then again, my post office is very close to my house. Not all sellers are that fortunate. Time is also an issue, as some sellers, like electrictroy, have lives, families, and jobs.

The 'I want it NOW!!!!!!' mentality of our culture is frickin' annoying, and I seriously doubt free money and meaningless sex can cheer up some of the really inconsiderate pricks on ebay.

/screwed out of the Saber Marionette J box set by some bottom-feeding little shit
//I'll pay $65 shipped for one

Thank you Sailorneorune. I'm tired of people, like wubb, telling me I'm wrong. It's good to see someone back me up for a change...

...especially the Ebay Support Team. Thank you.

I agree that sellers should wait till the buyer is satisfied and has left feedback. Too many newbies on eBay screwing up and then threatening neg feedback. I state my feedback policy in my auctions. I have been told it is tacky, but it usually saves me the hassle of dealing with idiot buyers. If someone wants something quickly, they should not shop on eBay period. The customer is not always right, sometimes they are just an idiot.

I got one for you... Guy wins an auction from me, pays immediately. I mail it out the very next day and send an email with his DC number. This just happened to fall over a 3-day weekend. Part way through the weekend he asks if I shipped. I respond that I wrote him already and forwarded my original email. Next day I get an email saying something like "you sure have nice feedback I'd hate to ruin it but if you don't respond I will". So I write a THIRD time and tell him I have written continuously and ask what's up.

I usually write back directly to the responses I get. What happened was that his damn Yahoo/Hotmail account (I forget which) classified all my responses as SPAM and thus he didn't see them. After the 3rd email I thought I better send him a note via ebay. That one he got, then found out about the spam. Anyway, he got the game the very next day anyway and was happy.

It was VERY frustrating to have the guy telling me off when I was writing the whole time though. Beware those Yahoo/Hotmail account buyers...

[quote name='thebob101']I always send message through eBay, that way there is a record of my communication to the buyer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is why I did it eventually - I wanted some ebay record of it. I had no idea the ebay response would get through his spam filter (since I didn't know that was the issue anyway). It is just easier to fire off messages from my email when sending out quick notes.

[quote name='electrictroy']Thank you Sailorneorune. I'm tired of people, like wubb, telling me I'm wrong. It's good to see someone back me up for a change...

...especially the Ebay Support Team. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Whether the buyer is being unreasonable or not wasn't really my point. Just giving advice on how best to avoid a neg feedback, if that kind of thing is a priority.

Yes you can choose to stick by the minimum requirements that eBay sets out for all sellers and the majority of eBay buyers will be fine with that. But a % of buyers will expect you to do more than that (whether such expectation is unreasonable or not is irrelevant) and accept that you may get neg FB from those buyers.

Ebay certainly does permit buyers to leave - FB even if the seller met all the minimum requirements. I'm not buying that they would really remove feedback left for that reason. I see stuff like 'Bad seller' (could be for any nitpicky reason) or even feedback left from buyers that apparently never paid (based on the seller's follow up) on lots of peoples' (even troy's) ratings. Ebay doesn't remove those. What was the question you asked eBay anyway troy?

As I posted in my 1st comment on this thread: "I'd say your buyer was being a little unreasonable". The question simply becomes do you want to go out of your way to make the 'trouble' buyers happy and hopefully keep a 100% FB rating or accept that some people just can't be pleased and take your chances with this buyer leaving an unwarranted neg?

I stopped reading the feedback AC on eBay because it pissed me off, not to mention if you ask anyone there to help all they end up doing is criticizing you about the mistakes you've made. Buyers are constantly complaining about sellers not leaving feedback once they paid. I have had a couple of buyers call me names because I told them that my policy is to leave feedback after they do. Typically, I will just report the email to eBay and be done with them. They typically move on to their next transaction. I told them that this assures me that they are satisfied with the transaction and it is now complete. Feedback does give the seller some leverage because a large majority of the folks threatening negs are newbies and they have more to lose with the feedback than I do.

(not an exact quote) "The buyer bought my item, and since I did not send it the day after the auction's end, they are threatening to leave me feedback. I told them I would mail it Friday... 3 days after close. What is Ebay's minimum required ship time? 3 days? 7 days?" And then Ebay responded that there's no requirement, but it is unreasonable for the buyer to demand immediate shipment. And they are right.

I then received a followup email from Ebay (a woman this time), recommending I contact SquareTrade for mediation, and mutual feedback removal. [quote name='wubb']Whether the buyer is being unreasonable or not wasn't really my point. Just giving advice on how best to avoid a neg feedback, if that kind of thing is a priority. [/QUOTE]NOPE. I don't care if I get 1 or even 2 negs out of every 100. Working in a store for 10 years taught me something - 99.9% of customers are great. But there's always that 0.1% of customers who enjoy complaining - no matter how hard you try to make them happy - they'll never be satisfied. I had one woman blame ME because SHE did not pay her credit card for 3 months. "I should be able to use my card!!!" "Sorry ma'am but you didn't pay the bill. There's nothing I can do until you pay your 3 previous statements." "It's all your fault!" I said nothing. Woman storms off.

I will give my customers the absolute best service possible.

But I refuse to be taken advantage of ("give me free shipping or you'll get a negative") by that small 0.1%. No sir. No way. No how. I'm on Ebay to make money. I'm not giving these games/movies away for free, just because a buyer blackmails me with a threat of neg feedback. Nope. I refuse to budge.

Sears Ebay has a ~94% rating. As long as I'm doing as good or better than Sears (or Penneys or Macys...), I figure I'm doing alright. Those stores have been around for over 100 years, so they know what they're doing.

troy

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Wow, you sound like a great asset to the ebay community![/QUOTE]

Your sarcasm is wasted; I start virtually all my auctions (the few that I do these days, because of exorbitant fees, stupid fuckers, etc.) at a penny, ship when I say I am going to ship (at reasonable rates), and am VERY conservative on describing the condition of the item. Anyone that has bought anything from me has been more than pleased. Which is more than I can say for half the crappy sellers I've bought from on ebay.

The great thing about eBay or online period is that you can always use the Back Button. No one forces anyone to buy anything from anyone.

[quote name='dark-star']Your sarcasm is wasted; I start virtually all my auctions (the few that I do these days, because of exorbitant fees, stupid fuckers, etc.) at a penny, ship when I say I am going to ship (at reasonable rates), and am VERY conservative on describing the condition of the item. Anyone that has bought anything from me has been more than pleased. Which is more than I can say for half the crappy sellers I've bought from on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Would it be more appropriate if I said "you're a hypocrite?"

There's a ton of idiot and scumbags alike on ebay, one guy I bought a box of cards from didnt list how much shipping was then anihilated me pissed me off.

Don't cha hate people that ask how much for shipping when there's a damn shipping calculator RIGHT THERE.

Sometimes I wanna track peeps down on ebay and pay em a lil visit.:bomb:

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Ye, if the buyer is paying priority price (which no doubt is at least) double the reg cost then I would hope you try and get it out ASAP. If a seller ever waited 7 days to ship my item I would be bummed. at least you responded, that's good.

I think eBay should change their policy if that is truly the case - I think I remember reading that somewhere but had forgot. Maybe I've just been lucky, as most of my experiences (about 95%) have been tremendously positive on eBay and many have arrived within a few days with even regular shipping.

On the other end, I've learned if you MUST have a game right away and it outweighs, heaven forbid, your frugalness you should not buy from an auction site OR use media mail. I've had a few experiences with both of those methods where I had to wait like two or three excruciating weeks to get my game!

You know the routine, I'm sure. It's Saturday day and your game still :bomb: hasn't come so you realize that you're not going to be playing it over the weekend.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! I mean! What's the use for paying for the priority if you don't get priority service? I'm an Ebay seller! You have to give great cust serv or you will get a bad rep!

[quote name='Mono`']There's a ton of idiot and scumbags alike on ebay, one guy I bought a box of cards from didnt list how much shipping was then anihilated me pissed me off.

[/QUOTE]

I would say in that case the seller might have been the scumbag but you were the idiot. Why'd you buy the item if it didn't specify the shipping?

That's almost as dumb as buying an item that doesn't specify the actual cost. Why would you buy something you don't know the overall total cost to? just plain dumb! :wall:

It's easy to call everyone else an idiot because of your own mistakes, but in that case you got what you deserved.

Pay more attention. :roll:

[quote name='Mono`']There's a ton of idiot and scumbags alike on ebay, one guy I bought a box of cards from didnt list how much shipping was then anihilated me pissed me off.
[/QUOTE]

Why did you buy it?! Why didn't you find out how much shipping was? May I suggest [hint] Sending him an email [/ hint]. If you didn't see how much shipping was, you didn't have to bid on it. Instead you choose to blame a guy for everything he wasn't. May I suggest? Look at the mirror. You see that guy? ...It's his F**king fault!

[quote name='Mono`']Sometimes I wanna track peeps down on ebay and pay em a lil visit.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Sometimes they'll come back atchya and ya'll have a lil damage ... :roll:

If you offer priority mailing then there isn't really a reason you can't get it sent out the next day after the auction. USPS offers a free pickup at your door the next day on Priority mail. All you have to do is box it up, schedule the pick-up off the website and leave it on your doorstep.

Money is no problem the reason I bid is because it was a sealed box of Toxic Crusaders stickers (30 some packs) can't get it anywhere else. (online anyways)

[quote name='SpartanWarrior']lol just got another email from here saying she needs it by sunday or neg feedback will be left, what the hell is up[/QUOTE]

Quite simply, you are dealing with an idiot who assumes that Ebay items magically jump into the mail they second they're bought. She also seems to believe mail arrives on Sunday.

Message her through Ebay, apologize for the inconveince, but point that you a) specifed items ship 1-3 days after auction close, which she should have taken into consideration at the time of bidding, and b) you have no control over whether or not the post office actually makes their average shipping window. Say you hope the item arrives in time, but in the future she needs to leave a minium of a 2 week window when buying items online for a specific date, to provide ample shipping time.

If you're feeling especially generous, offer a partial shipping refund (the difference in cost between Priority and 1st class or media mail.)

Make sure all your communtation goes through Ebay from now on, so if she does neg you, you can ask Ebay to remove it (or neg her back and do a mutual or something.)

Hey another Ebay type I hate:

HI I LEFT YOU POS FEEDBAK CAN YOU OD THE SAME FOR ME PROMPLTY OKAY THANKS.

I went off on a person like this once I said don't rush me i'll leave you feedback when I get to it, told em' it pisses me off when people beg for their feedback right away.

I hate that was well. I leave feedback once every two weeks are so. It's easier than leaving it one at a time as you receive it.

bread's done
Back