How is cold fear?

pinkkirby

CAGiversary!
Has anyone bought or played this game? I have not seen formal reviews of this game, and I have visited the official UBI forum and lots of ppl saying this game sucks.
If the game is even 50% like resident evil 4, I am willing to give it a shot. I have tried to rent the game but none of the rental places carry this title (BB, familyvideo, holleywood video)

Thanks for the link, yeah I noticed IGN probably added the review over the weekend or something.
Well, I just don't know how "bad" the game is, but I can't seem to find a rental place that carries it either.

No problem. It doesn't seem "bad" just rather "bland" especially compared to RE4. I haven't seen it in store shelves either.

I haven't seen it anywhere. It looks promising, just released in a post RE4 world. Altho if the IGN review is accurate and you need the map in the instruction manual to navigate, the game would totally suck ass as a rental (or do some rental places give out manuals still?).

There is no in game map at all, all you get is this tiny map of the ship in the back of the manual. It is very hard to navigate and very easy to get lost. The controls take some getting used to and the fixed camera angle should have been switched to a behind the sholder view all the time. I'm only abiut an hour into it, but it's pretty good so far. It will hold me over till I get my hands on RE4. Not a bad game at all, but I would rent it if you can. I preordered mine from Blockbuster and mine was the only copy, rental or otherwise, to come in.

Well, guess i would have to buy one in order to find out. As I mentioned, I checked 2 BB, familyvideos and holleywood video, none of them carry this game. Do all BB store carry the same inventory or one might have more titles than another?

[quote name='pinkkirby']Well, guess i would have to buy one in order to find out. As I mentioned, I checked 2 BB, familyvideos and holleywood video, none of them carry this game. Do all BB store carry the same inventory or one might have more titles than another?[/quote]

you should be able to check what stores carry what games at blockbuster.com

bread's done
Back