How is Target's return policy?

RiCeBo1

CAGiversary!
Say I buy an Arcade 360 now, and than the rumored price drop actually happens to drop it down to $200. Am I able to get back the difference within a month? I know they have a 90 day return policy, but how does that work? Also do they warranty you for 90 days so if the Jasper's are out I can just exchange it out? Thanks guys.

their price match policy is to match their own prices within 30 days.
i know if you had their extended warranty and had an issue they would just exchange it for a new 360 (that happened last summer)
if i were in your situation i would buy it from walmart, their policy is a bit more friendly.

They won't do anything for price adjustments, unless you get them to do a return and rebuy. Target doesn't do anything like PM's, even to their own prices. If the item isn't on clearance, you might be able to get them to do a return and rebuy.

Their return policy is 90 days, not a warranty policy. The warranty is with Microsoft, not Target.

If you're so set on getting a system with a Jasper chipset, why don't you just wait until it's confirmed on how to figure out which one is a Jasper and which one is a Falcon?

target does have a price matching policy. within 30days to their own prices.
i specifically asked the older balding manager at the mira mesa target.

To be honest, I wish price matching didn't exist. As consumers we have to be aware of all sales and stores and what they sell. Just because you buy an item today and next week its cheaper, does not entitle you to the difference. Thats just the luck of the draw.

I relate it back to gas. Just because I buy gas this morning for 3.75 and now its 3.69, doesnt mean I can get the difference back. I was just unlucky and bought it at a more expensive price.

[quote name='THoward7382']Just because you buy an item today and next week its cheaper, does not entitle you to the difference.[/quote]

actually, at many retail (and online) outfits, it does. it entitles you to exactly that.

and the "fault" lies with the stores themselves. considering the perverse amounts of profits involved, at some point in history, some company figured out they could undercut their competition (price match + 5%, etc.) and still make a ton of money. with the industry being as cutthroat as it is, everyone basically had to follow suit. sucks for big business, but a fun little perk for you and me.

[quote name='allyourblood']actually, at many retail (and online) outfits, it does. it entitles you to exactly that.

and the "fault" lies with the stores themselves. considering the perverse amounts of profits involved, at some point in history, some company figured out they could undercut their competition (price match + 5%, etc.) and still make a ton of money. with the industry being as cutthroat as it is, everyone basically had to follow suit. sucks for big business, but a fun little perk for you and me.[/quote]

I agree with that completely. I have never price matched or received any money back for a lower price but if people use it to their advantage and not abuse it, that cool. But we all know there are tons of people that abuse the hell out of things and that's why I just wish it never existed. But its not going to happen.

[quote name='THoward7382']I agree with that completely. I have never price matched or received any money back for a lower price but if people use it to their advantage and not abuse it, that cool. But we all know there are tons of people that abuse the hell out of things and that's why I just wish it never existed. But its not going to happen.[/quote]

fair enough. i can certainly sympathize with you on the "abuse" thing. people (society) just wear me out sometimes. i'm sure you can relate.

[quote name='THoward7382']I relate it back to gas. Just because I buy gas this morning for 3.75 and now its 3.69, doesnt mean I can get the difference back. I was just unlucky and bought it at a more expensive price.[/quote]

that is some cheap ass gas. i wish we had those kinda prices around here.

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']that is some cheap ass gas. i wish we had those kinda prices around here.[/QUOTE]

I forgot how gas prices under $4 looked like T.T

Hmmm, IMO, I wouldnt think the arcade would drop that much, especially not for $80. Maybe a $30, but thats about it.

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']that is some cheap ass gas. i wish we had those kinda prices around here.[/quote]

HAHA...I filled up yesterday at 3.61

[quote name='THoward7382']HAHA...I filled up yesterday at 3.61[/quote]

I got $3.999/gal for regular unleaded at my corner, here in so cal.

I think we need a Cheap Ass Gas thread for cheap gas locations :lol:

CAGer = Cheap Ass Gamer
CAG = Cheap Ass Gas

ok while in college, WVSU baby! i bought a 32in Olivia lcd from target kept it for almost three months, noticed in a best buy ad that they were selling dynex 37 in's for if i remember correctly about 649.99. I usually keep all the parts that come with the tv like boxes and manuals and stuff like that so i returned my 32in Olivia to target after using it for like three months! for cash and went up the street to best buy and bought the 37in dynex with a lil more cash! but the sad part was that the tv wouldn't fit in my 1991 honda accord lol. so i had to wait for my mom and when she came she gave me a coupon for 10% of so they had to give me 62.00 dollars back!!!!!!! Score! Just keep ur receipt and u should be fine and another tip is to go when they are extremely busy!

[quote name='rpnguyen']14? Seems kinda low. I know Amazon matches 30 days with themselves.[/QUOTE]

it is low. that is their policy however.

I've had no problems getting Target to adjust prices within a short timeframe on non-clearance items.

Buy something this week, on sale next week, just walk in with the receipt or item and ask for the difference credited back.

They don't price match though.

For the 360 -- if you're worried about a price drop then just wait. You might get a newer system with better hardware, or a holiday bundle with included games & accessories.

[quote name='allyourblood']none of the 3 Targets near me will price match anything, regardless of how much time has passed.[/QUOTE]

its their company policy, they wont match clearanced merchandise at all.
they only match their own prices. if they put something in an ad for cheaper than you paid within 14 days they will refund you the difference.

[quote name='paz9x']
they only match their own prices. if they put something in an ad for cheaper than you paid within 14 days they will refund you the difference.[/quote]

yeah, i was just reiterating that for folks in this thread. my pal worked at the Eastlake Target for some time and he would regale me with awful stories of how they run stuff there. 'course he'd snag me clearance games too, so it evened out.

good times.

bread's done
Back