How is the Halo 2 headset? Any good?

sying

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
How is the Halo 2 headset? I think its made by Platronics. I know its got to be better than the standard headpiece-breaks-every-2-months POS. But is it worth the cost of $50? Also does it work for a cellphone?

Yes, Plantronics makes quality stuff. Its actually the same exact headset as a more expensive one that they sell, but in Halo colors. And yes, it works on a cellphone. If you can live without the green, you might find a better deal on a regular Plantronics headset though, but that particular one is expensive.

But IMO, a headset is not worth $50. It may be to you, but I can live with the standard XBL one.

[quote name='dafoomie']Yes, Plantronics makes quality stuff. Its actually the same exact headset as a more expensive one that they sell, but in Halo colors. And yes, it works on a cellphone. If you can live without the green, you might find a better deal on a regular Plantronics headset though, but that particular one is expensive.

But IMO, a headset is not worth $50. It may be to you, but I can live with the standard XBL one.[/quote]The wireless headset by LogiTech is $80. Now that's an expensive headset. :)

[quote name='sying']How is the Halo 2 headset? I think its made by Platronics. I know its got to be better than the standard headpiece-breaks-every-2-months POS. But is it worth the cost of $50? Also does it work for a cellphone?[/quote]

Unless you totally abuse your headset, it shouldn't be breaking.

I think my dad can get headset of XBL from his work I don't have a clue how, but I know it is wireless... He is a finance manager...

[quote name='manofpeace20'][quote name='sying']How is the Halo 2 headset? I think its made by Platronics. I know its got to be better than the standard headpiece-breaks-every-2-months POS. But is it worth the cost of $50? Also does it work for a cellphone?[/quote]

Unless you totally abuse your headset, it shouldn't be breaking.[/quote]

I accidentally step on the headpiece and the dinky thing thats holding the electronics part to the plastic headset part breaks. Then there was that one time I threw it against the wall and cursed at it when I was losing my ass off at R6:BA. In the past I've been hoarding up all the used headsets that the game stores sell, usually no more than $12. I got a whole lot of Communicator pieces, so this should be good for me. Thanks.

[quote name='sying'][quote name='manofpeace20'][quote name='sying']How is the Halo 2 headset? I think its made by Platronics. I know its got to be better than the standard headpiece-breaks-every-2-months POS. But is it worth the cost of $50? Also does it work for a cellphone?[/quote]

Unless you totally abuse your headset, it shouldn't be breaking.[/quote]

I accidentally step on the headpiece and the dinky thing thats holding the electronics part to the plastic headset part breaks. Then there was that one time I threw it against the wall and cursed at it when I was losing my ass off at R6:BA. In the past I've been hoarding up all the used headsets that the game stores sell, usually no more than $12. I got a whole lot of Communicator pieces, so this should be good for me. Thanks.[/quote] :lol: If you step on plastic, expect it to break. :)

[quote name='Scorch']As my cousin said a few weeks ago..

"For $50, that headset better come with a replica Master Chief helmet!"[/quote]

Heh, lol, thats a good one.

I wouldnt buy it, 50 is way to much. But if you go threw them once a week, then maybe you should get it.

The standard XBL headsets break all the time, they have a design flaw where the plastic on the microphone/earpiece that hooks on to the headband is too weak and will break after repeated removal. You just have to superglue it.

[quote name='dafoomie']
The standard XBL headsets break all the time, they have a design flaw where the plastic on the microphone/earpiece that hooks on to the headband is too weak and will break after repeated removal. You just have to superglue it.[/quote]I've played over 120 hours on XBL over 4 months, and my headset is still in perfect condition. I've thought it would have broken by now, but nothing is wrong with it. But, since I bought a second XBL starter kit, I have an extra headset, just in case. :)

I've played over 120 hours on XBL over 4 months, and my headset is still in perfect condition. I've thought it would have broken by now, but nothing is wrong with it. But, since I bought a second XBL starter kit, I have an extra headset, just in case.
Have you taken the mic/earpiece off and on the headband? My first one broke fairly quickly, but my 2nd and 3rd haven't broken yet after a good run of use.

I have had Live since it launched, and only recently did my headset break. I had already purchased the Mad Catz replacement one, and it was very uncomfortable. I bought the Halo 2 headset today, it was an expensive impulse item. It feels great, sounds great, and I can also use it for my cell phone. Plus, it does look pretty cool.

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']I seriously laughed out loud at alteredbeast's Centipedes in my vagina sig. Man that came out of nowhere.[/quote] :D

[quote name='dafoomie']
I've played over 120 hours on XBL over 4 months, and my headset is still in perfect condition. I've thought it would have broken by now, but nothing is wrong with it. But, since I bought a second XBL starter kit, I have an extra headset, just in case.
Have you taken the mic/earpiece off and on the headband? My first one broke fairly quickly, but my 2nd and 3rd haven't broken yet after a good run of use.[/quote]It's popped off several times (alot lately) from it getting pushed around in my bed sheets and it still seems perfect. I don't know, I've heard so many people complaining about it, but my ear rarely starts to hurt from it, it hasn't broken yet, and the sound quality has always been terrific. It's a very nice headset and I'm always suprised to hear so many bad things about it.

[quote name='CantB76']i hate the original one cuz you can't lean your head back on anything.[/quote]

I think that is a big issue, I had that problem too.

My headset works just fine.

Also, doesn't the new HALO headset NOT come with the piece that plugs into your controller? I thought I read that somewhere....thus, you will still need to buy a communicator.

[quote name='doubledown']My headset works just fine.

Also, doesn't the new HALO headset NOT come with the piece that plugs into your controller? I thought I read that somewhere....thus, you will still need to buy a communicator.[/quote]

Yep, the part that plugs into the memory card slot is not included.

[quote name='alteredbeast'][quote name='doubledown']My headset works just fine.

Also, doesn't the new HALO headset NOT come with the piece that plugs into your controller? I thought I read that somewhere....thus, you will still need to buy a communicator.[/quote]

Yep, the part that plugs into the memory card slot is not included.[/quote]Really? That's awfully shitty of them. Are those things really expensive to make, or are they just trying to boost sales of the normal communicator and XBL starter kit? I would be suprised if this was a cost saving measure. :?

I am not sure if guests playing online would be able to use a mic anyway. I saw something at a local Gamestop, it was 3 headsets that lead to one plug. I don't know if it came with the main part of the communicator. It might be something I pick up when I get Halo 2.

bread's done
Back