How is the halo 2 mic

[quote name='Rig']It's expensive.[/quote]

Not only that, I've heard it gives the people you're talking to static/feedback.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Rig']It's expensive.[/quote]

Not only that, I've heard it gives the people you're talking to static/feedback.[/quote]

I heard that too.... and teh static too lol

I've got one. It's incredibly cozy and very clear. I use it on XBL and my cell phone. A good value if you talk a lot. A decent cell phone headset costs at least 30.

[quote name='Gojtron']I've got one. It's incredibly cozy and very clear. I use it on XBL and my cell phone. A good value if you talk a lot. A decent cell phone headset costs at least 30.[/quote]

You don't wear the Halo headset in public, do you????

:rofl: :imwithst:

I've got one too. I love it. I was on my third regular xbox live head set so since that is 90 dollars and this one seems like it won't break nearly as easily..... I would say its worth the money.

[quote name='doubledown'][quote name='Gojtron']I've got one. It's incredibly cozy and very clear. I use it on XBL and my cell phone. A good value if you talk a lot. A decent cell phone headset costs at least 30.[/quote]

:rofl: :imwithst:[/quote]

LOL

[quote name='Gojtron']Just in the car. shaq-fuers.[/quote]

Whoa, no need for the sudden evilness. I think that would look funny... :rofl:

[quote name='Gojtron']I was edited![/quote]

I think you mean "quoted." And it's not as thrilling as it appears, nor as funny as you appear wearing your headset in public. :lol:

[quote name='Gauss']The mic seems cool. Im thinking about getting it also. Just it's very expensive, $50.00.[/quote]

Eb has it for $50 with $10 mail in voucher.

[quote name='Gojtron']No, I meant my words were changed for cleanliness. I was unaware we have language censors.[/quote]

Only the "F" word is censored here.

[quote name='doubledown'][quote name='Gojtron']I've got one. It's incredibly cozy and very clear. I use it on XBL and my cell phone. A good value if you talk a lot. A decent cell phone headset costs at least 30.[/quote]

:rofl: :imwithst:[/quote]

lol

im selling mine.

prob gonna return it actually

or if i can get a nice offer i will sell to one of you guys

it is mint/complete...used it for all of 10 minuted until i realized the DS comes out next week and i am next to broke

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Trakan']
Only the "F" word is censored here.[/quote]

there are other words, but they are hate speech.[/quote]

Oh, didn't know. I'm glad I haven't seen them posted.

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']the guy at eb games told me that this halo headset is modeled after the headset they use in nasa on the space station

is this true?[/quote]

more than likely :bs:

Platronics is the company that makes it and they've got a really nice line of headsets for use in telemarketing and such. The price for the Halo one isn't actually that bad considering other headsets similar to it cost like $70-$100.

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']the guy at eb games told me that this halo headset is modeled after the headset they use in nasa on the space station

is this true?[/quote]

nope, its just made by the same company

[quote name='Millbuddah']Platronics is the company that makes it and they've got a really nice line of headsets for use in telemarketing and such. The price for the Halo one isn't actually that bad considering other headsets similar to it cost like $70-$100.[/quote]

YEs, I also have nothing but praise for Plantronics. They are very durable and clear sound both mic/headset.

I agree that the Halo 2 edition is quite pricey, you can buy the regular non-fanboi version for around $30

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=43-1927

Im considering getting one right after the holidays...i think it would go well with my "I've got great hands" XBL T-Shirt, yes, in public.

[quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='Millbuddah']Platronics is the company that makes it and they've got a really nice line of headsets for use in telemarketing and such. The price for the Halo one isn't actually that bad considering other headsets similar to it cost like $70-$100.[/quote]

YEs, I also have nothing but praise for Plantronics. They are very durable and clear sound both mic/headset.

I agree that the Halo 2 edition is quite pricey, you can buy the regular non-fanboi version for around $30

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=43-1927[/quote]

That will work? The plug looks different to me...
There is a RadioShack near my work, so I will stop over during lunch tomorrow and check it out. The headset that comes with XBL is way too fragile. Mine didnt survive a move very well and is currently held together with a couple of paperclips and some rubberbands. Functional... but slightly painful on the left ear.

FYI, Plantronics also made 2 other XBL-specific headsets. One is a signle over-ear piece for $30, and the other is an over-the-head design for $20.

[quote name='Elrod'][quote name='CappyCobra'][quote name='Millbuddah']Platronics is the company that makes it and they've got a really nice line of headsets for use in telemarketing and such. The price for the Halo one isn't actually that bad considering other headsets similar to it cost like $70-$100.[/quote]

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=43-1927[/quote]

That will work? The plug looks different to me...
There is a RadioShack near my work, so I will stop over during lunch tomorrow and check it out. The headset that comes with XBL is way too fragile. Mine didnt survive a move very well and is currently held together with a couple of paperclips and some rubberbands. Functional... but slightly painful on the left ear.[/quote]

SHould work no prob. The XB Live headset is a regular 1/8' jack just like ones for cell phones. I have one of the Plantronics headsets that I linked earlier and I can try it out tonight and let you know.

But I am 99% sure it will work. Plus the Radioshack in my area is pretty cool about returns.

Man I feel sorry for the people who bought the headset for $50. I got the Halo 2 headset from a local gamestore where I live and he sells it for $30 new and sealed.

[quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='Mind_n_Soul']the guy at eb games told me that this halo headset is modeled after the headset they use in nasa on the space station

is this true?[/quote]

more than likely :bs:[/quote]

First off, the headset is awesome.

Second, NASA uses Plantronics headsets, that doesn't mean they all sport transparant green, badass headsets though.

Logitech just came out with a wireless one, 80 big ones. Looks real nice and if you know logitech...you get what you pay for.

[quote name='twanky']Logitech just came out with a wireless one, 80 big ones. Looks real nice and if you know logitech...you get what you pay for.[/quote]

Is it already out Tuan? Did we get it at the store? I thought it wasn't coming out until later.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='twanky']Logitech just came out with a wireless one, 80 big ones. Looks real nice and if you know logitech...you get what you pay for.[/quote]

Is it already out Tuan? Did we get it at the store? I thought it wasn't coming out until later.[/quote]

I think it either comes out today, or next Tuesday. Can you tell that I have been thinking about picking one up?

[quote name='Elrod'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='twanky']Logitech just came out with a wireless one, 80 big ones. Looks real nice and if you know logitech...you get what you pay for.[/quote]

Is it already out Tuan? Did we get it at the store? I thought it wasn't coming out until later.[/quote]

I think it either comes out today, or next Tuesday. Can you tell that I have been thinking about picking one up?[/quote]

I talked to Twanky (my co-worker) last night. It came out yesterday. /drool

bread's done
Back