How is Walmart with getting new releases out the day games come out?

VashandWolfwood

CAGiversary!
I'm hoping to pick up NCAA12 early in the morning, but I have no idea how early they usually sell games the day they come out. Has anybody went into Walmart at 1230 AM and got a game that wasn't getting a publicized midnight release(Like Call of Duty has had for the past 2-3 years). I understand not all Walmarts are created equal, but I'm in the dark here, so anything would be helpful.

I've gone to Walmart (open 24 hours) for a couple midnight releases both with special events and without.

For special events the lines are way shorter than Gamestop. For Black-Ops my friend was in line at Gamestop for over an hour after midnight. I was out of Walmart, inside, and got a bonus item 20 minutes after midnight.

For non special events like you are asking about, I have gotten games at midnight, so I don't see why they wouldn't be available in the morning. It wasn't easy though. Went to get Pokemon White. The guy working there asked "is that for Xbox 360 or PS3?". After he went in the back for 10 minutes, he came back with it. Even though I called a few times earlier in the week and that day to make sure it would be available at midnight. As frustrating as that was, they still had it though.

I think on big games most stores put them out at midnight, but less hyped games they are usually put out around 8 a.m.

Not sure if it's still the case, but a lot of times with non-special releases, most retailers (including Wal-Mart) don't get it in stock until the day of release, usually from UPS.

Walmart usually has the games locked up in the security room days before release. If you get there in the morning and don't see it out, ask someone to go out back and get it for you.

bread's done
Back