How limited is Halo 2 Limited Edition?

It's getting a little harder to find in the stores. I mean, it's there, just not everywhere. It's a cool collectible, but not something you'd get to make $$ down the line.

[quote name='unrealylife']its not limited, its unlimited. I keep seeing it at stores, and then when they sell out they get more.[/quote]

That sums it up well. My BB ran out of them shortly after they came in (they had about 50 of them) but a few weeks ago they got more of them and steadily since then it seems like more and more are coming out on the floor.

My local EB though has been sold out of them since they came out (have a couple used though), but others around town still have plenty of them.

Fry's has plenty as usual though.

Heh... At first I thought you were just asking how it is, but after reading all the other posts I checked the thread title again.

Doesn't seem very limited, which is fine by me. You get a pretty hefty helping of extra stuff for a minimal price increase over the normal version. I enjoyed watching the extras DVD. And the fact that it isn't terribly limited is nice, so more people can get it if they want.

Yeah, I just picked it up factory sealed for $38 shipped on eBay...I kind of pity those sellers who stocked up on several copies, thinking they would make a killing on them--only to sell more than $15 under retail.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Limited, ha. They should have just called it "collectors" or "special" edition.[/quote]Yeah, limited probally wasn't the best word to use. :wink:

Yeah, it's not really limited. But it's a nice case worth the $5 bucks and if nothing else you can look at it and remember the craziness of the launch. I really view LE as a comemorative to the Launch of Halo 2.

[quote name='greendj27']So here is the real question then: Is the normal edition more limited than the limited edition?[/quote]

No, more regulars were sold than LE. Eventually, LE's will disappeer from the market. Many LEs were sold, but remember this is CAG and the contingency here would buy the LE over the regular. However, the regular consumer would buy the regular. So no the regular is not more limited, would be cool if it was though.

[quote name='greendj27']So here is the real question then: Is the normal edition more limited than the limited edition?[/quote]
:lol: It would be interesting to see which has sold more.

[quote name='Jrunt20x'][quote name='greendj27']So here is the real question then: Is the normal edition more limited than the limited edition?[/quote]

No, more regulars were sold than LE. Eventually, LE's will disappeer from the market. Many LEs were sold, but remember this is CAG and the contingency here would buy the LE over the regular. However, the regular consumer would buy the regular. So no the regular is not more limited, would be cool if it was though.[/quote]

thanks,

hM

I guarantee there were hundreds of douches who bought extras and kept them sealed thinking they were going to be rare.

[quote name='bil4l']I guarantee there were hundreds of douches who bought extras and kept them sealed thinking they were going to be rare.[/quote] lol douches

[quote name='evilmax17']Well, they're not UNlimited, so the term is correct in theory. I mean, isn't ANY game limited in a sense?[/quote]

I would think that these are "limited" in the sense that they will not be packaging anymore of the LE version, but are still producing the regular edition of Halo 2. They can keep pressing some games for years, if there is a market for them, so they are, in some sense, unlimited. They can just make more of them if they need.

bread's done
Back