How long did you wait in line for your Wii?

*drives to a rural town an hour away on Black Friday*
*pulls into GameStop parking lot at 7:15*

"Do you have any Wii systems?"
"Yeah"
"Let me get one, an extra remote, an extra nunchuck and a point card"
"k"

I knew demand would be less in smaller towns, but good god. Right after I walked out, 3 more people walked in and asked for it. I guess I just did good by getting up early.

Black Friday I was planning to camp out BestBuy, but people already started lining up the Wednesday before.

So I decided to camp out Gamestop for a Wii from 11:15p to 8am. I was 6th in line and 4th to buy a Wii.

Didn't have to wait in line. Got a pre-order.

Problem was that I had to work 8 1/2 hours on launch day, before I was able to pick mine up.

Waited 'til 11am launch day for the DHL guy to deliver it to me. Was making lunch at the time so my Wii actually had to wait for me.

12 hours outside of Target. It was 30 degrees outside without the wind chill. I was 14th in line out of 42 systems.

[quote name='botticus']Well, I preordered, but I waited about 3 or 4 hours for the preorder.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I then waited night of the release for 3 hours at the EB preorder party, and waited in line about 20 minutes while everyone got checked out.

I preordered. I walked into work, hung out for a while and waited while others got their systems. I got mine and left.

About 1 hour and 15 minutes. Got to Nebraska Furniture Mart about 7:45 (they opened at 9) and was 56th in line out of 70 systems available.

Just short of 2 hours at EB for my preorder. Got to the mall about 10:20 PM or so and it took about 15 minutes to get my Wii while waiting in line.

14 Hours outside Target to get my launch Wii....went with my Brother, Brother's friend and my Dad. We were #s 1-4. Our store had 72 and people thought we were nuts. Not so nuts when we got first dibs on games and controllers though. There were only like 10-12 of each controller. Poor people in line after #6 didn't stand much of a chance at those.... I am in Minnesota and it got down to 10 degrees overnight, and that's before windchill....

The really crazy part is that I had one preordered from Walmart.com which was in transit to be delivered just 3 days later. I just had to have it right away :)

About an hour and 15 minutes. Woke up at about 5:15 on Black Friday. There's a Gamestop about 5 minutes away so I figured I would head over there after I grabbed some food. Got there 5:45 or so and was 2nd in line. They had 8 and most people on line showed up within 15 minutes of the store opening.

I pre-order, so I didn't have to wait in line. But I apparently have ADD or something, so I didn't get that far in the pole before voting...

14 hours at Target, got the 6th system.

Could I have come there at 7AM and gotten one? Yes.

If I had known that, would I have? No.

The company for the 14 hours was fucking awesome. Met a lot of good, fun people.

My Wii waited for its buyer for 13 hours - but that buyer wasn't me. I basically paid someone $75 to wait in line. Worked for me anyways.

About 5hrs at BB when it was advertised 2 weeks ago. Luckily the weather/temp was bearable and the people in our little group, first 6, made the time go by quickly.

Amazon, no waiting in line..got my Wii a day b4 launch, didnt pay tax or shipping :) plus I got it for $5 less than retail har har..

Got in on the amazon pre-order. The the only that sucked is it arrived Monday morning, seconds before I was headed to work.

bread's done
Back