How long did you wait?

20 minutes waiting for them to open the store and waiting for the guy ahead of me to check out with our Gamestop preorders.

I'm soooo thankful I had the day off when they opened those and went and got one. Worked out perfectly. :) Normally I'm anti-preorder, but this saved my butt as camping was not an option for me.

5 hours in front of Circuit City in the blostering cold. It was all worth it for the Wii Sports marathon me and a friend of mine put in last night.

about 10-20 minutes I had presell from toys rus that I got last week woithout waiting more than 10 minutes for as well. I saw people snaked around the whole toysrus r zone with tickets to buy though.

[quote name='natureboy46']I waited for an hour this morning at NWS - much better than waiting for the 8+ hours required yesterday.[/quote]

I walked over there to check it out around 8am, and there was no line at all. Just walk right in, grab some coffee and donuts, and get your Wii on! :D

[quote name='Puffa469']I walked over there to check it out around 8am, and there was no line at all. Just walk right in, grab some coffee and donuts, and get your Wii on! :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was nice. The only downside was that they didn't have Trauma Center - I really wanted to pick that up too.

[quote name='Puffa469']I walked over there to check it out around 8am, and there was no line at all. Just walk right in, grab some coffee and donuts, and get your Wii on! :D[/quote]

Yeah, but could you really predict it? It could've been a repeat of yesterday. I guess those that didn't get one yesterday were just pissed off, and didn't even bother trying. Can't blame them after the wait we encountered. Having even a possibility of repeating that could be scary.

BTW, if you're in NY and you're missing any accessories or looking for Zelda TP, just head to Nintendo World instead of looking elsewhere. They had thousands extras as of yesterday afternoon. Can't believe they'd run out anytime soon.

The lines in my town started extremely early, before I got off work even. A friend jumped in the Best Buy line for me at 3PM. He waited for 5 hours until I got off work, then they allowed us to swap. I waited the remaining 13 hours.

Around 9 hours in line outside Wal-Mart. Besides the 40 degree weather, it wasn't too bad. Playing 8 player Mario Kart DS was a blast! Hard to powerslide when your fingers are numb though.

Your right there was no way to know. Now that its over Im just glad I got my Wii and was able to hook it up and check it out last night. And this workday cant end fast enough! I want to go home and start Zelda!!! :D

[quote name='dragonjud']Yeah, but could you really predict it? It could've been a repeat of yesterday. I guess those that didn't get one yesterday were just pissed off, and didn't even bother trying. Can't blame them after the wait we encountered. Having even a possibility of repeating that could be scary.

BTW, if you're in NY and you're missing any accessories or looking for Zelda TP, just head to Nintendo World instead of looking elsewhere. They had thousands extras as of yesterday afternoon. Can't believe they'd run out anytime soon.[/quote]

Umm about the second shipment thing i was talking about before. My gamestop got our second shipment 1 day after launch lol. i walked into work and my manager told me we got in 6 Wii's but we can't sell till friday

I got pretty lucky with mine: I walked into TRU just before 11:00 a.m. on the 19th and was able to get one. It was the only one left; they had set aside one too many for the pre-orders and by the time they realized it, the non-pre-order rush had passed. I must have been the first person who asked about the Wii after they realized the mistake. Total wait: about 2 minutes.

If it's any consolation to those who camped out in the cold, I now have to wait over a month to play it because it's a Christmas present. I've just been staring at the box.

bread's done
Back